ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: 17Jan07 - That doesn't mean that I'm not furious, Ian!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:44 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
The Bookies wrote:
Payouts are being made; It was definitely a healing spell and Leah is pissed-off.

This seems to have cleared the last of the bets. Now what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:56 am 
Green Text

Cue Meji.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:18 am 
Local

I still want to know who undressed Ian and tucked him in.

But I am glad that Leah is getting a new pair of glasses after all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:45 am 
Local

Pissed of at him? For miraculously healing her of her bloody lung-puking? Immediately after he'd suffered the trauma of learning of his sisters murder? While they were poking him?

Yeah, that pretty much confirms to me that Leah's a bitch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:52 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Mista_B wrote:
Pissed of at him? For miraculously healing her of her bloody lung-puking? Immediately after he'd suffered the trauma of learning of his sisters murder? While they were poking him?

Yeah, that pretty much confirms to me that Leah's a bitch.

Actually, I can see her point. Unasked for healing is like unasked for advice, seriously underappreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:07 am 
Local

Given that the alternative was being blown up, she really should be thanking him. And I know if I had a bloody-lung-puking disease, the last thing I'd do to the person who cured me is bitch them out for doing it, unwanted or no - I'd consider it a gift.

I'm sure if she bitches him out some more, he can give her the disease back again, and maybe something extra as a bonus if he's feeling especially generous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:13 am 
Addict

It was the most excruciating event of her short life and it apparently lasted for hours. Leah is no doubt going to be having nightmares about those long moments for years to come. And, in a largely preindustrial society, who knows how expensive a decent pair of glasses is going to be. But the, well, not dying is certainly a good thing.

A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:16 am 
Tourist

I wonder how long the spell will last.
Who says it'll be permanent?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:37 am 
Green Text

The way she describes it, the spell completely replaced her old body with a new and improved one, to the deepest level. Why would she suddenly become ill again?

Post subject: Shock and Awe
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:08 am 
Local

Feeling like your internal organs are on fire is the usual post-op trauma ... not. I'm surprised the *shock* didn't kill her. There's a reason for anaethestic. I think Ian went to the House school of medicine. Well done though on not killing the patient.

OTOH, Leah is now out of the zone of fetishisers who like women coughing blood ... into a gentler array of half-on/half-off shirt fetishisers. Which is to be welcomed.

How will Riley react? Will Leah get a repeating rifle now that she can see straight(-er)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:31 am 
Local

She can't see straight, just a little better. Dr. House, er, I mean, Ian didn't pay attention to all the symptoms of her errantcy.

And also, DAMN YOU, POE! I don't want to like Ian!!! Yet, here he is, healing people, instead of going all 'splodey headed and massacring the innocent. I could like him if he was a little bit evil, but no, he's just so good.

Here's hoping Riley wasn't into the bloody cough, or Leah gets to blame Ian for the break-up of her kinky relationship with a dickgirl.

Post subject: Re: Shock and Awe
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:45 am 
Addict

ri[[3r wrote:
OTOH, Leah is now out of the zone of fetishisers who like women coughing blood ... into a gentler array of half-on/half-off shirt fetishisers. Which is to be welcomed.

Hey, what about the girls-with-glasses fetishers?

I'll note that most poor eyesight is not called by anything resembling disease. Just random genetic variation in the shape of the eyeball. The spell would not necessarily recognize that as something to be corrected.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:08 am 
Local

This is a fantasy story. Sure at least SOmething would get recognisd as a bad ting if it wasnt waht the caster had.

aclhocol is bad mmkay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:39 am 
Addict

Zherical wrote:
This is a fantasy story. Sure at least SOmething would get recognisd as a bad ting if it wasnt waht the caster had.

aclhocol is bad mmkay

Only in the sense of "Enough"/"Not Enough".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:11 am 
Expatriate

Ian does seem to be handling this well.

Of course nothing takes your mind off the abysmal FAILURE of your life for the better part of a few years, and the loss of your sense of purpose in your life right now than being able to go around and say 'ooooo, look what I can do!'

Post subject: Re: Shock and Awe
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:54 am 
Tourist

Boss Out of Town wrote:
I'll note that most poor eyesight is not called by anything resembling disease. Just random genetic variation in the shape of the eyeball. The spell would not necessarily recognize that as something to be corrected.

Granted, bad eyesight isn't a disease, but her breathing problems were almost certainly caused the same way--genetic defect in the shaping of her organs.

Now, the genetic defect may have made her more susceptible to lung disease, so I suppose she could have had both at the same time--but in that case the healing spell would still have to heal the genetic defect as well as the disease, or the disease would simply return after a few weeks anyway. So I think we can assume this spell was designed to repair inherent defects, not just diseases. It just wasn't targetted correctly. =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:29 am 
Addict

Unasked-for healing appears to be less like unwanted advice and more like unwanted sex. In other words, a painful violation of her body and self on the most intimate level. I do believe that it's perfectly reasonable for her to be pissed at Ian over being forced to suffer a traumatizing experience without warning or consent. Even if she's grateful for the end result.

Not to mention I'm pretty sure Poe knows what he's talking about in this scene. He survived years of incredibly painful treatment for a nerve-destroying cancer, all while he was far too young to really grasp what was happening to him. I'm certain that he's sufficiently familiar with the trauma of nonconsentual treatment to portray it accurately in Leah.

-_-'

Post subject: Ah, Keats coughing his heart out on the Spanish Steps, longing for Fanny ...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:47 am 
Local

bellofthedamned wrote:
Here's hoping Riley wasn't into the bloody cough, or Leah gets to blame Ian for the break-up of her kinky relationship with a dickgirl.

I'm sure Riley will find the new Leah, ah-hem, more energetic :-D Here's looking at you kid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:08 pm 
Addict

Imp-Chan wrote:
Unasked-for healing appears to be less like unwanted advice and more like unwanted sex. In other words, a painful violation of her body and self on the most intimate level. I do believe that it's perfectly reasonable for her to be pissed at Ian over being forced to suffer a traumatizing experience without warning or consent. Even if she's grateful for the end result.

Okay, I was going for the well-known advice cliche there but I like yours, about the unwanted sex, better. :lol:

Yep, he fucked her good. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:18 pm 
Local

Hmmm, more insight into Poe. Knowing about the author oftens leads to insight about the story. Just that little tiny tidbit shows where much of this story is founded.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next