ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:46 pm 
Local

bellofthedamned wrote:
However, something has occured to me. The devices surrounding Anilis' resting place were designed to keep elves OUT. Why would the gods want to keep elves OUT? I've begun to wonder if the Elven High Council knew where the gods were because they put them there a LONG time ago. After all, Sarine says the elves didn't like being told how to live...

The only reason I can think of that the gods would want to keep the elves out would be if they knew that an elf could drop in and absorb them while they were asleep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:24 am 
Native

Are you all missing the already-stated fact that the ELVES were the ones who put the anti-Elf defenses up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:32 am 
Local

The elves put up the stones that made people sick when they went past them. The anti-elf defenses were the crystals growing out of the trees that fucked up specifically people with Elven blood, and did not do shit to the humans. We do not know who made them, but the best guess would probably be the gods or the moths with tits, since Sarine said "Oh shit, what the hell are those?"

onion wrote:
Yup, round here we call this 'fishing for whores'...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:37 am 
Local

Yorik wrote:
Are you all missing the already-stated fact that the ELVES were the ones who put the anti-Elf defenses up?

Apparently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:56 am 
Local

Then what are they keeping out? It doesn't keep anyone in. And if the elves did it, I'd imagine they did it under the command of the gods, or to hide something about the gods.

We know the P'gogs were assigned to the resting place, so the elves didn't assign them there. We know the elves barred entrance to the resting place. So why? What are they afraid of elves going in there and finding? Of course, if the gods inhabit the elves from time to time, who's to say the gods didn't put them up to keep elves out?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:45 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
I don't have time to look for it right now (I'm at the in-laws and not at home) but the Goddess put the anti-elf defenses up, the elves put up the anti-human defenses.

Why she put up the anti-elven defenses is subject to speculation but put them up she did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:38 pm 
Expatriate

http://www.errantstory.com/archive.php?date=2006-05-19

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:49 pm 
Local

Grrr! When I said that, everyone jumped on the bandwagon saying the elves put it up!

Ok, so now, my original theory stands. Why did Anilis want to keep elves out? Did the elves have something to do with the gods' disappearing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:53 pm 
Native

bellofthedamned wrote:

Ok, so now, my original theory stands. Why did Anilis want to keep elves out? Did the elves have something to do with the gods' disappearing?

For much the same reasons stores put up 'no solicitors' signs. Also they didn't just keep elves out, they worked on the dwarves and trolls as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:23 pm 
Local

...Well thats new. Can someone who won't break the site Wiki-infomation it? I think putting this force feild thing under "Magical gadgets" will work.

So humans and half-humans are the only ones that can get past it? Hrm. Thats... thats... interesting. Where the hell did humans come from?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:17 am 
Local

Well, there's also "some animals and insects".

So, the three races that we know (or are at least reasonably certain) that the Gods personally created are hedged out by the barrier, but the race that mysteriously appeared without any apparent intervention by the gods can walk right through.

(And remember that, although half-elves can pass through, it seriously jacks them up.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:12 am 
Local

Rubber Band Man wrote:
...Well thats new. Can someone who won't break the site Wiki-infomation it? I think putting this force feild thing under "Magical gadgets" will work.

So humans and half-humans are the only ones that can get past it? Hrm. Thats... thats... interesting. Where the hell did humans come from?

We've been asking that question for a long, long time.

Hail Poe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:29 am 
Local

BloodHenge wrote:
Well, there's also "some animals and insects".

So, the three races that we know (or are at least reasonably certain) that the Gods personally created are hedged out by the barrier, but the race that mysteriously appeared without any apparent intervention by the gods can walk right through.

(And remember that, although half-elves can pass through, it seriously jacks them up.)

Some thinking aloud:

1. The gods did not know, or did not care, about the humans. The humans either evolved "naturally" (whatever that means in the context of the story), or were parachuted in from elsewhere.

2. The Gods trusted the humans (either by control or they were the equivalent of Gods at one stage) or the humans *were* the Gods. The humans, in the time frame of the story could be a "degenerate" much reduced, descendants of the gods, without powers etc.

Is there evidence of the elves trying to mate with the trolls or the dwarves? All that time on their hands ... um, FFR, hot sex hentai with dwarves, elves, trolls and humans :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:34 am 
n00b

Maybe it's just me, but I think "hot sex" and "trolls" should never be used in the same sentence ever again. :-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:40 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Michael Poe wrote:
bellofthedamned wrote:

For much the same reasons stores put up 'no solicitors' signs. Also they didn't just keep elves out, they worked on the dwarves and trolls as well.

Got it! Going into the wiki now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:11 pm 
Addict

Rubber Band Man wrote:

1) It's going in now.

2) No one knows where the humans came from. It's been the subject of much speculation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:59 pm 
Native

Abyrae wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but I think "hot sex" and "trolls" should never be used in the same sentence ever again. :-o

Definitely just you. Mmmmm....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:29 pm 
Addict

Michael Poe wrote:
bellofthedamned wrote:

Sir,

I have a consistency issue. Could you clear it up, please?

from the Wiki wrote:
This is the wiki page

The elves installed a ring of these devices around the perimeter of Anilis' resting place to enhance the existing wards set up by Anilis. We don't know why. The obvious direct answer was that Anilis' wards didn't effect humans. However, it became clear, when Sarine reported to the Council, that they weren't aware that humans could pass through Anilis' wards. In fact, they were averse to even trying the experiment. The elves themselves could not penetrate Anilis' wards.

I would greatly appreciate it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:38 pm 
Local

We don't know which elves put up those wards, or for what reason. I think it was also hinted at that elves themselves were vulnerable to the traps that the elves set up, so in all likelihood they were placed there by whoever sent Melrin as an additional line of defense against anyone who would go asking questions. Or else, whoever sent Melrin set them up because they knew that humans could get through Anilis' barriers. Remember that not all of the elves are necesarily working together here, and any number of motivations could guide them.

onion wrote:
Yup, round here we call this 'fishing for whores'...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:03 pm 
Native

DarkLight140 wrote:
Abyrae wrote:

Definitely just you. Mmmmm....

Indeed.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next