ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: It doesn't look like you two will be keeping us up with a racket tonight. (2/9/07)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:23 am 
Addict

..and once again we're shown just how much of a pain in the ass it is to deal with elven & half-elven physical ages. Of course the thought of using the aging curve of the race to get legal boys & girls while looking pedo should make even PedoBear weep with joy.

Sifu of Corpse Child

Caecus fides est hostilis veritatis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:44 am 
Local

Heh, kick to the nuts might be what he's getting next.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:10 am 
Local

Mista_B wrote:
Heh, kick to the nuts might be what he's getting next.

Has he got any nuts? As Meji now seems to be the Adult In Charge of Ian (nice call nani?) maybe she'll drag him to bed to find out ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:38 am 
Local

It appears that, despite his distance from them, Ian has heard every word.

GODDESS EARS???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:41 am 
Local

Is it just me, or are some of the word balloons pointing to the wrong characters?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:57 am 
Local

Initial B wrote:
Is it just me, or are some of the word balloons pointing to the wrong characters?

Yes, first and final panels have speech which should go to Leah, pointing at first Meji, and later to Riley instead.

In any case, I wouldn't have suspected taht Ian was 33ish. Most characters are drawn distinctly adult in this comic, so judging ages are pretty much impossible anyway.

Don't kick yourselves over it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:14 am 
n00b

Well Meiji, at the start of High School, looked like a ten year old based off the flashback with her friend, the portal guard (forgot her name) and, as a senior, has lost both her physical and oral virginity (according to her teacher) at probably the equivelent to human age of 12-13.

It explains the partial warpedness of Meiji previous to recently. It also suggests that age wise Ian is about 20 (in human equivelent). So in a way, the difference in age between Riley and Leah is say, like a 25 and a 35 year being a happy couple is one thing. Ian and Meiji, on the other hand, may seem like a 20 year old and a 14 year old. Less of a factual chronological age difference, but much more of a eeewwhhhh factor.
An eeewwhhh factor that Meiji is not aware of because of her, unusual (twisted) experince.

All the Best,

Nani?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:22 am 
Local

Meji. One i. Meji.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:27 am 
Tourist

bellofthedamned wrote:

GODDESS EARS???
I don't know. With Ian's current turmoil, he could just be breaking down right now. Possibly coming to grips with the day since this is the first time he has actually sat back and looked at things (especially since that punch probably started some thinking). That was my first thought at least.

Heh, she's 16 and he's 34. The weird thing is, you can't adjust ages like dog years, because dividing by any number would drive her age to sick levels. I wonder what that number would be though, we haven't gotten any hint at half-elf life span have we?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:33 am 
Addict

Ian-rocket is go for take off in 3...

Ian-rocket is clear for launch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:49 am 
Local

I'm waiting for the post-mortem.

The body count is sure to reach the thousands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:10 am 
Local

Chronomancer wrote:
bellofthedamned wrote:

GODDESS EARS???
I don't know. With Ian's current turmoil, he could just be breaking down right now. Possibly coming to grips with the day since this is the first time he has actually sat back and looked at things (especially since that punch probably started some thinking). That was my first thought at least.

Heh, she's 16 and he's 34. The weird thing is, you can't adjust ages like dog years, because dividing by any number would drive her age to sick levels. I wonder what that number would be though, we haven't gotten any hint at half-elf life span have we?

You could futz with the planet rotation speed and time-taken-to orbit the sun and come up with ... maybe I'm taking this to geek-levels.

Of course, in Earth-medeival (which I'm assuming is roughly the same tech and culture wise) culture, that sort of age difference was acceptable, if not downright promoted. Child-brides were the norm. It's only in the past 100 years - since the politicisation of women I think - that age-differentials like this have become unacceptable. End of ramble.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:27 am 
Local

It's deliciously ironic that this comic and thread go up the day after Anna Nicole Smith, widow of a presumably human gent 63 years her senior, shuffled off this mortal coil. Anybody detect in Meji facial (if definitely not mammary) characteristics that might look like the late Ms. Smith's in about 20 years?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:36 am 
Local

ri[[3r wrote:
Chronomancer wrote:
bellofthedamned wrote:

GODDESS EARS???

You could futz with the planet rotation speed and time-taken-to orbit the sun and come up with ... maybe I'm taking this to geek-levels.

Of course, in Earth-medeival (which I'm assuming is roughly the same tech and culture wise) culture, that sort of age difference was acceptable, if not downright promoted. Child-brides were the norm. It's only in the past 100 years - since the politicisation of women I think - that age-differentials like this have become unacceptable. End of ramble.

Not in western cultures they weren't... unless you mean to extrapolate some aristocracies over everything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:04 am 
Tourist

normalphil wrote:

Not in western cultures they weren't... unless you mean to extrapolate some aristocracies over everything.

Bright day
While the age difference was not large usually (and not even at nobles, you get that when one of them is widowed), the age of hmm... juniority?... was roughly 14 for boys and first menstruation for girls. (of course complete maturity was for later, like 21- high mediaeval knighthood is nice example: page 7, squire 14, knight 21)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:07 am 
Addict

Meji is 17. So who is saying "Er... sixteen... actually?" And why?

Really, this comic is making my head hurt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:43 am 
Local

Wark wrote:

You know, knowing that Ian is so much older makes the middle (3rd) panel in the page you linked make much more sense. Someone closer to Meji's age wouldn't be surprised by her "gimme gimme" behavior - it'd just be "oh, that's how girls act". He'd probably play back. But a mature adult like Ian, what we would consider almost middle-aged in human terms, would see that immature behavior and think "geez, what are you, seventeen?".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:44 am 
Addict

Wark wrote:

Yeah, I think Poe should gotten a little more sleep before he did the dialogue on this one.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:27 pm 
Tourist

Nah, didn't you see? She paused before telling him she was 17. She was lying about her age- reason being he'd obviously judged her as being immature before giving a number that was higher than her actual age. Saves face.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:45 pm 
Local

No, I think it's more like a reflex. She's accustomed to humans under-guessing her age. She's so used to correcting them that she starts to do so before even listening to whatever age they guess.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next