ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:47 pm 
Expatriate

Imp-Chan wrote:
Hmm...

I am 22. Typically, I am mistaken for being around 24 to 27. My mother is in her fifties, she looks much younger. My grandma is in her eighties, she looks like she's fifty (or did last I saw her, before Alzheimer's set in with a vengeance).

My point? Even among humans, aging is not a species-wide or even a family-wide constant. It's not even a person-wide constant, as I looked about two years younger than my actual age for quite a while there. Attempting to generate an equation to accurately predict age based on appearance is just plain doomed to failure. It's fun to try, but people are just too wonky to predict in such a linear way. At the very least it's a curve.

^-^'

...going from longish hair and a beard to no beard and short (now back to normal/shaggy, yay!) hair seems to have made kinda a big difference here. Instead of people thinking I'm the right age (also 22, just graduated university) or slightly older, some people seem to think I look like I should still be in high school.

So yeah, any "aging formula" should include a times .8 - 1.2 random factor somewhere in it.

Whack-with-the-cluestick of the day:
"Nubile" is *not* the adjective form of "newbie."
<< cringe >>

Ian did it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:00 pm 
Expatriate

Gazing Rabbit wrote:
All those links to the far history of the comic urge me to ask a question:
What the hell happened to the coloured pages? I remember some colour-blind kid (RMG) that done some nifty colouring on the comic... Where is it?

Dead. There *was* going to be a "surprise", for which it was asked that "that color thread" be discontinued (so as not to detract from the loving adoration once the surprise was unveiled).

That surprise turned out to be http://color.errantstory.com/ , which was going to be an official colored version of the comic (done by RMG, but with an official palette and official seal of approval and such), trailing the b&w comic by some amount. For reasons I don't recall (they were posted here at some point, I believe), this ended up never materializing.

End result? No more color comic, and a lesson in the perils of vaporware. (Vaporwear, on the other hand, is simply wonderful. The ideal gift for someone you either really like, or really don't like.)

Whack-with-the-cluestick of the day:
"Nubile" is *not* the adjective form of "newbie."
<< cringe >>

Ian did it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:17 pm 
Addict

TB wrote:
End result? No more color comic, and a lesson in the perils of vaporware. (Vaporwear, on the other hand, is simply wonderful. The ideal gift for someone you either really like, or really don't like.)

Indeed. There is nothing quite like a pair of pants designed to shoot superheated steam at your genitals at random intervals.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5