ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:16 pm 
Expatriate

Somewhere, there's a Big Book of Bad Ideas.

I say this goes in there.

"Andre, a simple peasant, had only one thing
>on his mind as he crept along the East wall:
>'Andre creep... Andre creep... Andre creep.'"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:57 pm 
Addict

chibi_squirt wrote:
Somewhere, there's a Big Book of Bad Ideas.

I say this goes in there.

Weren't you there when Dan the GM gave Jacque the Big Book of Bad Ideas, on the theory that traveling with our particular Danger Cart could be something deserving of recording for prosperity?

I'm pretty sure you were, oh darling little sister.

^-^'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:15 pm 
Local

I'm pretty sure there's only one story about necromancy gone wrong.

But it's a doozy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:54 pm 
Addict

BloodHenge wrote:

In that case, the Tsairaku film industry would have made a thousand straight-to-video rip-offs of it, each starring one actor whose TV series recently got cancelled and a cast of no-talent unknowns, the boys often prettier than the girls.

Not to mention the swarms of animes, most showing more imagination than the movies.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:18 pm 
Local

They did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:38 pm 
Addict

Location: In front of the computer, doing things best left undescribed
Aaaaaaaand necromancy ahoy! That or Meji finally gets to fuck Ian's brains out. Either way is good, but I'm personally hoping for a nice boob shot since we haven't gotten one in a while.

Pyro: Noun. Practicioner of the ancient and gentle arts of burning shit down and blowing shit up.

DNI'd by actor_au

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:43 pm 
Local

I find myself wanting him to go off the deepend :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:10 pm 
Local

Insane_Megalomaniac wrote:
Aaaaaaaand necromancy ahoy! That or Meji finally gets to fuck Ian's brains out.

First one, then the other?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:31 pm 
Tourist

Earlier, wasn't it strongly implied that even the ES gods didn't have the power to raise the dead? Something about one of them getting killed, and the other two making all the sapient races, as a sort of surrogate, because they couldn't actually bring him back.

Harry Voyager

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:12 pm 
Local

Voyager wrote:
Earlier, wasn't it strongly implied that even the ES gods didn't have the power to raise the dead? Something about one of them getting killed, and the other two making all the sapient races, as a sort of surrogate, because they couldn't actually bring him back.

Wiki to the rescue. You're probably thinking of this. Note that this creation myth doesn't line up very well with what we've observed. Maybe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:35 pm 
n00b

i'm still hoping Ian can somehow communicate with his lost family. even if he can't bring them back, he might still be able to find some peace if he can talk with his sister. tell her goodbye and the like.

though zombie's would be cool as well... :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:22 am 
Expatriate

Its possibe but then again they made the elves/dwarves etc so its possible there's a power thing bringing back a lower creatre is possible bring back a creature of equal power isn't. Thus an elf/half elf/troll what have you is possible for a god but they can't bring back another god. Of course when the powers in the hands of a mortal/dealing with something they may not have made (I don't think the gods created humans from the story) the results can be unpredictable. Ah well I'll wait and see after all pretty much any result will help Meiji's class project although her relationship with Ian may get a bit strained with some of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:31 pm 
Addict

Still hoping she comes out of the grave at least halfway functional but braindamaged enough so that she spends most of her time wobbling around, drooling, and looking at the pretty flowers... and periodically trying to take a bite out of Ellis once they meet up with him again.

'Mrrrrmmm? Kitty!' *chomp*
Agh! My ear! The crazy bitch bit off my ear!

And, later on in their travels, she wanders off and ends up raping the fuck out of that certain n00b dickshit that wanted to 'party' with Meji way back when. Though bleeding severely from numerous bites, scratches, and an anus that has had a crazy woman's fist up it, he intensely enjoys the experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:01 pm 
Tourist

Graybeard wrote:
Voyager wrote:

Wiki to the rescue. You're probably thinking of this. Note that this creation myth doesn't line up very well with what we've observed. Maybe.

I was actually thinking about one of the later ones where they had met up with Nookie and the other fairy character who's name I suddenly can't remember, and asked why they had been created. It just seemed to me at the time, the answer the other one was giving, before Nookie cut her off, was "because they were lonely".

Of course, I tend to go off on some truly wild tangents, so I could easily be completely wrong.

Harry Voyager

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:03 am 
n00b

Michael Poe wrote:
the text on the grave marker was ' Madeline Samael' and 'In death may she find the peace that eluded her in life'.

The ironies of the presentation of the headstone continue to multiply (cf. a wish for peace in death getting blown up). Very cool, though, with that little detail. Why do I have the feeling that there will be even more unpeaceful (un)death happening in just a moment?...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:37 am 
Local

Voyager wrote:
Graybeard wrote:
Voyager wrote:

I was actually thinking about one of the later ones where they had met up with Nookie and the other fairy character who's name I suddenly can't remember, and asked why they had been created. It just seemed to me at the time, the answer the other one was giving, before Nookie cut her off, was "because they were lonely".

Other way around, as shown here. The loneliness was the "canned" answer they had Nookie and Kawaii give the elves. The real answer, which the elves weren't thought able to handle, was that they wanted to create a "repl*HMMP" ... which may also have some bearing on what's going on at the cemetery, for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:28 am 
Local

Yeah, whatever reason the gods created the races, it's not something that exactly gave them the will to carry on, I'd say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:51 am 
Expatriate

Hmmm a replacement for the things they'd wiped out or even better a replacement set of gods. Ian and Meiji are going to ascened to become the new gods for the half elven race.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:32 am 
Local

BloodHenge wrote:

But it's a doozy.

There is one that we know about, but are you sure this is the only one?

I mean, if there is an ancien ban prohibiting all research involving necromancy and time magic, that must be for a reason more larger than one story alone.

http://www.errantstory.com/archive.php?date=2002-12-18

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:39 am 
Addict

Neko7 wrote:
BloodHenge wrote:

But it's a doozy.

There is one that we know about, but are you sure this is the only one?

I mean, if there is an ancien ban prohibiting all research involving necromancy and time magic, that must be for a reason more larger than one story alone.

http://www.errantstory.com/archive.php?date=2002-12-18

Excellent, grasshopper. My professors would call that "teasing out" information---and without irony or innuendo. We'll make a historian out of you if you're not careful.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next