ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:07 pm 
Expatriate

Looks like a Duncan Idaho situation to me. Fully back to life, mostly normal. Mostly trustworthy, only, you know, not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:54 pm 
<Insert Witty Custom Title Here>

Logic wrote:
Looks like a Duncan Idaho situation to me. Fully back to life, mostly normal. Mostly trustworthy, only, you know, not.

Duncan Idaho was like that to begin with. And it was done so on purpose, so he would eventually kill leto like 1920831098 years after children of dune.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:34 pm 
Addict

DarkTemplar4ever wrote:
Logic wrote:

Duncan Idaho was like that to begin with. And it was done so on purpose, so he would eventually kill leto like 1920831098 years after children of dune.

How did that "Dune" thing ever turn out? I gave up on Dune halfway through the third book when I realized they'd spent most of it chattering on about dynastic politics.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:25 pm 
Expatriate

DarkTemplar4ever wrote:
Logic wrote:

Er, not when he was ALIVE.

I never got past the second Dune book, though. Rereading the first right nows!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:34 pm 
Native

I'm oddly reminded of the Monkey's Paw story. This is not bound to work out well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:54 pm 
Local

Logic wrote:

Nah, the eyes aren't right.

In the line of Dune-like long-term conspiracy, however: wonder if the Anilis within had something to do with pushing Ian to this resurrection? A ghoddess would probably prefer to inhabit a female body rather than a male one, one would think, and one has just become available.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:03 pm 
Native

Boss Out of Town wrote:
How did that "Dune" thing ever turn out? I gave up on Dune halfway through the third book when I realized they'd spent most of it chattering on about dynastic politics.

Well, dynastic politics was sort of the point of the series. Well, that and 'Political systems built around a family of superhuman Mary Sues won't end well...'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:56 pm 
Addict

I don't know... I thought the whole thing turned out very well.
He squeezed mankind hard enough that, when he released his hold by letting himself die, we broke out of a million years of stagnation and started taking the galaxy by storm once again. Spice is pleantyful (no longer being confined to Arrakis) but we now have the technology and the proper social structures so that we can easily maintain galactic civilization without it. Human beings have diversified into a thousand subspecies, many with some very strange but useful powers. And the whole of the galaxy is now more durable, no longer vulnerable to collapse if any one part were removed.

We have to remember that the godworm Leto was trying to be a dick.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5