ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:42 am 
Addict

Forrest wrote:
Gambit3le wrote:
oh well, when life gives you zombies...

You make Zombie-Ade, duh!

My recollection is that the big "Zombie-aid" concert didn't go well, in spite of all the big-time punk, goth, and metal bands performing.

<i>We are the deeaad
We eat your childrennn
We want your braiiinns and stalk you night and daaayyy . . .</i>

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:29 am 
Expatriate

Saturnalia wrote:
Boss Out of Town wrote:
You aim for the head?

Apparently there is a whole new subgenre of zombie pulp fiction--and I do mean pulped humans--coming out in the last year or so. I'm avoiding it.

But, for a zombie novel that is actually original and thoughtful, I can recommend World War Z: an Oral History of the Zombie War, by Max Brooks. It is done in the style of real oral histories of battles and wars, with the author's character interviewing some of the 1 in 20 humans on earth who survived the "Walking Death" plague. Lots of creepy bits mixed in with drama, humor, stupidity, selfishness, heroism, and a little social commentary. Not necessarily for every zombie fan.

Anyway, the zombies being virtually impossible to kill with normal munitions--shrapnel and blast hardly slows them down, and you cannot manufacture enough napalm to burn herds of several million undead. They finally try semi-automatic weapons firing thermite loaded bullets, aimed fire at 100 yards, in close ranks just like the lads at Waterloo and Gettysburg. With the added fillip of psychiatrists walking behind the ranks checking to see if anyone is cracking under pressure.

"Don't fire until you seen the dead blackness of their eyes!"

Seconded, just finished reading this one. I liked the "chapters" dealing with the situation in China the most, particularly as to the start of the outbreak and the naval bits.

Bought that, haven't read it yet. I plan to.

I also recommend The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection From The Living Dead. As the title suggests, it's a well-thought-out reference book about how the average joe can survive zombie infestations of all sorts, written like a military field guide. This one's by Max Brooks, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:35 pm 
Local

Gwyon wrote:
I also recommend The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection From The Living Dead. As the title suggests, it's a well-thought-out reference book about how the average joe can survive zombie infestations of all sorts, written like a military field guide. This one's by Max Brooks, too.

And if you like that book, you might also want to look into joining your local zombie awareness group. I can't seem to find a legitimate web presence for any sort of international coalition thereof (I don't count MySpace as a legitimate web presence), but in my experience there's usually one centered around most college campuses...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:07 pm 
Local

Sylvarius wrote:
DarkTemplar4ever wrote:
BloodHenge wrote:
Try to find someone whose life has given him robots, and have a party?

Don't forget to invite the guys who got ninjas and pirates.

*waves an Icy-hot Katana around in one hand, while drunkenly aiming a blundarrrrbuss with the other*

*pulls on ninja hot pants, eyepatch, and stuffed shoulder parrot, readying frigid ninja stars*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:52 pm 
Local

BloodHenge wrote:
Sylvarius wrote:
DarkTemplar4ever wrote:
BloodHenge wrote:
Try to find someone whose life has given him robots, and have a party?

Don't forget to invite the guys who got ninjas and pirates.

*waves an Icy-hot Katana around in one hand, while drunkenly aiming a blundarrrrbuss with the other*

*pulls on ninja hot pants, eyepatch, and stuffed shoulder parrot, readying frigid ninja stars*

*beats bloodhenge over the head while sewing together some threads from a couple of clockwork sheets and casually munching on disembodied brains*

Get it right, fool.

onion wrote:
Yup, round here we call this 'fishing for whores'...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:54 pm 
Local

Speaking of pirates, ninjas, zombies and robots (and monkeys too!), some of you might find this old random brain dump of mine entertaining. Some background: I admin a forum (several actually; the <A HREF="http://forums.bungie.org/story">Marathon Story Forum</A> in this particular case), and sometimes refer to myself in the third person as "Fobot" when discussing my admin capacites. When alerting said forum to some planned downtime of mine, I warned them that "the rest of the Cyber League will have to battle the spambots in my stead". From that followed...

THE ADVENTURES OF FOBOT AND THE CYBER LEAGUE OF ANTARCTICA

Composed of a coalition of the allied forces of the Internet, the Cyber League battles armies of spambots and zombies (i.e. spam relays), and the evil undead cyborg Marketroids that control them. Suspected to be at the head of these forces of evil is the insidious Mad Deadly Worldwide Gangster Communist Frankenstein Computer God, the lord of Mad Deadly Worldwide Gangster Communist Radio Earphone Slavery, and the Cyber League hopes to one day topple his evil empire.

Among the ranks of the Cyber League's elite council are Agent 1337, representing the allied secret ninja companies of the world; and Mp3beard, the surliest seadog ever to sail the seven servers. This unholy alliance between pirates and ninjas is only delicately maintained by Spank, Mp3beard's faithful monkey, who speaks only in a language of shrieks and whimpers understandable only to Agent 1337 (it's a related dialect). But by far the greatest weapon of the Cyber League is Fobot, an even more powerful undead cyborg created to battle the robot zombie minions of the undead cyborg Marketroids.

As the Cyber League monitors the internet from their secret base in Antarctica, they discover spam in the most unlikely places, and dispatch their Orbital Rocket Plane to hard-drop Fobot directly to the source of the spam, there to defeat evil spambots who hold innocent families hostage in their own homes, and use holy artifacts to exorcise their zombie computers or, if the possession has gone too far, to vanquish the vile things before their corrupt influence can spread. Sometimes, whole complexes of spambots are discovered, vast machinations of the Marketroids plotting and scheming to manipulate the gullible netizens of the world and turn their computers into zombies, and so the Cyber League must band together as a team to dispatch them, capturing the evil Marketroids or sending them fleeing in terror into the wilds, never to see a web browser or mail client again. BANINATED!

Robots! Zombies! Pirates! Ninjas!
The Adventures of Fobot and the Cyber League of Antarctica!
(and hey look, there's a monkey there too! look! a monkey!)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3