ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:45 am 
Addict

normalphil wrote:
Oh, it's much worse than all that.

Anita used this thing as a set-piece match. She barged into Jeramel's office and bullied him into helping arrange a demonstration-slaughter of some random Gewehr Wraith. The result was supposed to re-cement the Ensigerum's intimidation of the Church and warn them off trying to establish relationships with any faction other than the Ensigerum. This was to be in Anita's long-term intentions of using the Ensigerum as a vehicle of global domination by becoming the unquestionably dominant partner in the Veracian alliance, "taking care" of the Elves, and crushing all that got in her way (insert the Wraiths here, but they wouldn't have been the only ones, in the end).

She set up her play, burned her bridges, took her first step, and promptly tripped face-down in the mud. Now the Veracian Hierchy is tipped off that the Ensigerum are flexing their muscles, but that trying to do something about it isn't quite as futile as they thought. Anita very well may have to go "Screw this. Just take them outright.", and slicey-slicey her way to the top, as opposed to manipulate.

Exactly. She set herself up and Jon and Sarine's weird tactical chemistry humiliated her.

As far as I know, there were no witnesses to Sarine's intervention in the duel. She did not make an appearance until the monk cleared the room. He was cut in half with a vibra-blade, and the only person with one there, as far as anyone knows, was Sara.

I assume Sarine and Jon have both weapons now. Leaving one behind would be like forgetting to pick up the only spare bazooka in the country.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:16 am 
Local

bellofthedamned wrote:
Kestenvarn wrote:
Gambit3le wrote:
The Imperatrix now has a British Accent in my head!

/concur

If Errant Story were to be made into a movie, Imperatrix Anita would be voiced by Judi Dench.

I hear more of an angry Cate Blanchett. Judi's great, but too old to voice Anita. Anita probably has a sharp edge that Blanchett has pulled off before.

Also, to mention, I imagine she has no idea how possibly wrong it could go.

Helen Mirren. She's still doable after all these years ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:34 pm 
Local

Boss Out of Town wrote:
I assume Sarine and Jon have both weapons now. Leaving one behind would be like forgetting to pick up the only spare bazooka in the country.

I'm going to have to file that line away, and use it someday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:56 pm 
Local

If nothing else, it's going to look like Jon managed to shank one monk using the other monks weapon.

And kidnap the other monk.

I hope Anita's opinion of the Gewehr raises greatly over the next few pages. She underestimated their ability to... uhhh... 'establish inter-species relations'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:52 pm 
Local

Zherical wrote:
If nothing else, it's going to look like Jon managed to shank one monk using the other monks weapon.

And kidnap the other monk.

I hope Anita's opinion of the Gewehr raises greatly over the next few pages. She underestimated their ability to... uhhh... 'establish inter-species relations'.

.......What would make her think that Jon did the killing, and not Sara? I mean, Warrel(? Was that his name?) was killed with a Durus Flamma.

Dunno, maybe they found the bullets that Jon shot all over the place, but there will only be blood in one spot that is at least fairly far away from where his corpse would have been found.

And what evidence will there be that Sara was captured at all?

onion wrote:
Yup, round here we call this 'fishing for whores'...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:29 pm 
n00b

Now unless my forum-fu and wiki-fu are weak and Someone In the Know already made a post to the direct contrary, I have a theory.

Anita could very well be Sarine's decendant.

Why? For MASSIVE DAM-, err, IRONY. We never saw what happened to her kid, did we? Toss out enough dice, and the fact that for a small second this comic I wondered that Anita sort of half resembles Sarine (since they never seem to have similar facial expressions, it's hard to tell on that facial note). Then again, she could be pureblooded human. I can just envision a scene when Anita finally does learn Sarine's name, blinks, pulls out Ye Olde Family Tree, and curses. Or she could be just another human orphan recruited in with no discernable lineage. OK, enough random thoughts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:44 pm 
Expatriate

Evader wrote:
Now unless my forum-fu and wiki-fu are weak and Someone In the Know already made a post to the direct contrary, I have a theory.

Why? For MASSIVE DAM-, err, IRONY. We never saw what happened to her kid, did we?

Um, I really don't think Anita is old or pointy-eared enough for that...

Whack-with-the-cluestick of the day:
"Nubile" is *not* the adjective form of "newbie."
<< cringe >>

Ian did it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:59 pm 
Addict

Evader wrote:

Anita's ever-so-great grandmother was actually Sarine's much younger half-elf sister. Anita also looks JUST LIKE her ancient relative, except for the ears. In Chapter 37, Sarine is going to meet the Imperatrix in person and FREAK OUT.

Also, the Golden Gate Bridge is for sale, for mere pennies per square foot.

^-^'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:01 pm 
Addict

TB wrote:
Evader wrote:

Why? For MASSIVE DAM-, err, IRONY. We never saw what happened to her kid, did we?

Um, I really don't think Anita is old or pointy-eared enough for that...

It would require, of course, that someone stole Sarine's baby for some obscure reason and neither she nor hubby figured that out.

Aside from that, the Elvish genetic code could have been highly diluted over the millenia.

After all, Queen Elizabeth of England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Irelend (also Duchess of Normandy and claimant to the Peacock Throne of the Mogul Empire) is 255/256ths German. It only took four and half centuries to breed that much English DNA out of her line.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Last edited by Boss Out of Town on Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:33 pm 
Expatriate

Imp-Chan wrote:
Evader wrote:

Anita's ever-so-great grandmother was actually Sarine's much younger half-elf sister. Anita also looks JUST LIKE her ancient relative, except for the ears. In Chapter 37, Sarine is going to meet the Imperatrix in person and FREAK OUT.

^-^'

No kiddin'? I hear there's some sweet deals on beachfront property in colorado right now, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:58 pm 
Addict

Imp-Chan wrote:

^-^'

The goverment is going to come a knocking when the entire damn bridge, right down to the bedrock, disappears overnight. I wouldn't put it past the people on this forum. :sweatdrop:
Gwyon wrote:
No kiddin'? I hear there's some sweet deals on beachfront property in colorado right now, too.

And the islands surrounding Arizona.

That said, the 'MBWAH? *brain kersplodicates*' look on this guy's face just made me like him... despite the stick he most obviously has up his ass. Yes, yes. His does have the biggest target in the world painted on his ballsack right now and he probably will die horribly the first time anything storyworthy occurs within fifty miles of him... but hopefully he dies a rather amusing death.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:39 pm 
&lt;Insert Witty Custom Title Here&gt;

Gwyon wrote:
Imp-Chan wrote:
Evader wrote:

^-^'

Pfft. Beachfront property in colorado is over-rated. Now there is some fine piece of beach property in Wyoming however. It's great during the summer. I'm looking to sell if anyone is interested...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:40 pm 
Native

Imp-Chan wrote:

SOLD!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:40 pm 
Local

Evader wrote:

*snip*

be just another human orphan recruited in with no discernable lineage. OK, enough random thoughts.

Sarine's baby died during childbirth. She had no second child.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:10 am 
Addict

Let me get a leg up on my fellow speccers by saying ZOMBIE BABY.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:22 am 
Expatriate

Hmmmmm I may be paranoid here but I see two ways this could be going.

The first and one I'd have done was to ensure there were witnesses to the whole fight (I doubt she'd really trust the test to an up and comer to another novice who's already messed up plus this is meant to be a SECRET valley). Particularly since someone DID come back and report. Their order would probably be on the lines of observe and if she defects to her brothers side kill them both. The thing is an Elf has just been thrown into the mix, the overconfident novice is dead and the up and comer while loyal has been kidnapped by the brother. At which point they could try fighting the weakened combatants and if it was just humans probably would have but why the elf, what is she interested in him enough to fight for, they did win are our skills enough and so on. So they came back. The smart thing now would be to say okay send a high level member (like the guy) or go yourself and observe find out what the elfs interest in this is and whether killing him and possibly her will trigger something your not ready for after all wiping out the wraith should be easy, keeping the church onside if you do so same but the elves now thats a different kettle of fish (mackerel perhaps?).

The second one its just relaying messeges of the church which would potentially worse. The target escaped but your two operatives were killed and kidnapped by the wraith. If this is the case then their relationship with the church just became more unstable 1 succesful assasination and now two members of their order defeated by one wraith. The potential threat level of the wraith increases and since they are unaware of the elvish front may result in a conflict with them before she realizes what she's headed into.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:24 am 
Local

Senko wrote:

The first and one I'd have done was to ensure there were witnesses to the whole fight (I doubt she'd really trust the test to an up and comer to another novice who's already messed up plus this is meant to be a SECRET valley). Particularly since someone DID come back and report. Their order would probably be on the lines of observe and if she defects to her brothers side kill them both. The thing is an Elf has just been thrown into the mix, the overconfident novice is dead and the up and comer while loyal has been kidnapped by the brother. At which point they could try fighting the weakened combatants and if it was just humans probably would have but why the elf, what is she interested in him enough to fight for, they did win are our skills enough and so on. So they came back. The smart thing now would be to say okay send a high level member (like the guy) or go yourself and observe find out what the elfs interest in this is and whether killing him and possibly her will trigger something your not ready for after all wiping out the wraith should be easy, keeping the church onside if you do so same but the elves now thats a different kettle of fish (mackerel perhaps?).

The second one its just relaying messeges of the church which would potentially worse. The target escaped but your two operatives were killed and kidnapped by the wraith. If this is the case then their relationship with the church just became more unstable 1 succesful assasination and now two members of their order defeated by one wraith. The potential threat level of the wraith increases and since they are unaware of the elvish front may result in a conflict with them before she realizes what she's headed into.

Occam's razor. No monk intervened after the fight started to go horribly, horribly wrong for Sara and Warrel, so it's most probable that no monk was there (in the cathedral) to intervene. First-hand information on just what happenned after Sara usherred the Veracians out of the room starts with some Veracian working up the courage to investigate why all the explosions and screaming have finally decided to stop, and finding Warrel's corpse in an otherwise empty room.

a) Warrel's body gets turned over to a local monk (or described to a local monk) and its swiftly determined that he was killed by a Durus Flamma blade. From behind.

Obvious conclusion? Sara killed him to save her brother, then ran off with him.

b) Warrel's body isn't turned over to monks or closely inspected. All the Ensigerum have to go on is that he's dead. Sara's still missing.

Given the probable lack of first-hand accounts for the fight, the idea that a Gewehr wraith got into a fight with two Monks that knew he was coming, got his hands on one of their blades, used it to kill the other from behind, and either captured the one he had disarmed/ran off with her body is ridiculous. The idea that without Sara doing something he would have lasted longer than .2 seconds is just extremely improbable.

(A Cathedral. At dawn. Sun starting to stream through stained-class windows. Four masters of combat fighting for their lives in an extended melee. I so want to see that chapter colored.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:53 am 
Addict

DarkTemplar4ever wrote:
Pfft. Beachfront property in colorado is over-rated. Now there is some fine piece of beach property in Wyoming however. It's great during the summer. I'm looking to sell if anyone is interested...

Bah, real estate on the moon is where it's at.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:39 pm 
Addict

Wark wrote:
Bah, real estate on the moon is where it's at.

Yeah... but you are probably going to have to timeshare with the Jewish Conspiracy™. They claimed the entire surface of the moon when they invaded the secret nazi moonbase in 1988.

Unless, of course, you are willing to settle for a condo under the moon's surface. The lunar molemen are certainly eager for those american dollars now that they can't bombard us with telemarketing. Just don't drink the water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:11 pm 
Expatriate

normalphil wrote:
Senko wrote:

Occam's razor. No monk intervened after the fight started to go horribly, horribly wrong for Sara and Warrel, so it's most probable that no monk was there (in the cathedral) to intervene. First-hand information on just what happenned after Sara usherred the Veracians out of the room starts with some Veracian working up the courage to investigate why all the explosions and screaming have finally decided to stop, and finding Warrel's corpse in an otherwise empty room.

a) Warrel's body gets turned over to a local monk (or described to a local monk) and its swiftly determined that he was killed by a Durus Flamma blade. From behind.

b) Warrel's body isn't turned over to monks or closely inspected. All the Ensigerum have to go on is that he's dead. Sara's still missing.

Given the probable lack of first-hand accounts for the fight, the idea that a Gewehr wraith got into a fight with two Monks that knew he was coming, got his hands on one of their blades, used it to kill the other from behind, and either captured the one he had disarmed/ran off with her body is ridiculous. The idea that without Sara doing something he would have lasted longer than .2 seconds is just extremely improbable.

(A Cathedral. At dawn. Sun starting to stream through stained-class windows. Four masters of combat fighting for their lives in an extended melee. I so want to see that chapter colored.)

Occam's razor also works if you assume a monk smart enough not to get into a fight with (a) an elf and (b) people who are actually beating your companions when your job is to observe and report.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next