ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:29 pm 
Local

Kestenvarn wrote:
This is what I was referring to about the Category. One might reasonably expect to find a map here, although I didn't think you could add images.

Well, there's a map there now. Check it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:31 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Graybeard wrote:
Kestenvarn wrote:
This is what I was referring to about the Category. One might reasonably expect to find a map here, although I didn't think you could add images.

Well, there's a map there now. Check it out.

Well, actually, you still can't add images. I'm working on getting a version that will be able to do that, without breaking anything else. We'd also have to have ImageMagic installed, a seperate issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:50 am 
Expatriate

Rakshasa wrote:
Senko wrote:
Oh sure if her goal was demi-godhood for demi-godhood's sake then she'll have succeeded (although it seems Ian has a lock on those for now) but as I recall her reason for going after demi-godhood was to beat the faculty and thus earn an A passing university and becoming an accepted magic user. If she doesn't make it back in that time limit then she has failed in her objectives.

I guess you are one of those guys when the path you are walking on is blocked by a wall, collides with it. After you've picked yourself up from the ground, you try again. And again. And again. Until you pass out.

Next time, try the door 3 meters to the left.

What the hell are you talking about? He's making perfect sense. If Meji doesn't get god-powers within the time limit of her senior project, she will get a failing grade for aforementioned project. Hence, if she does not gain the power in the time limit she has <b>failed</b> the project. What else are you looking for here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:05 am 
Local

http://www.errantstory.com/archive.php?date=2006-10-02

If Sara hadn't warned him, I think Warrel would have been dead right here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:29 am 
Addict

I believe it may be something like this... failing the project means she can't graduate. Her time limit, if it isn't up yet, will be pretty soon.

HOWEVER, defeating all the faculty in combat means an AUTOMATIC graduation. No time limit there, I imagine she wouldn't even have to attend the school to begin with to take advantage of that one. Thus, ultimate godlike abilities still save her inheritance, if she can only get them. She's 17, and a slowly developing 17 at that... I doubt she's considered the full consequences of obtaining godlike ability, she's just worried about staying an heiress.

^-^'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:05 pm 
Native

Vass wrote:
Paul wrote:
... And there have been no small number of various elf sightings all over Veracia, starting with that disaster in Saus several months ago.

I think Meji has failed or is about to fail her senior project...

She graduates automatically if she kicks the faculty's collective ass, right? Then it probably doesn't matter if she turns the asskicking in on time.

Edit: Aaand it looks like Impy beat me to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:10 am 
Local

BUt I do like the idea of "turning the ass-kicking in on time".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:05 am 
Local

Imp-Chan wrote:
I believe it may be something like this... failing the project means she can't graduate. Her time limit, if it isn't up yet, will be pretty soon.'

And this is the wall i was talking about.

If she decides to write a report when she comes back to Tsuirakushiti, how would sometime as trifle as a deadline prevent her from getting an A? After whatever calamity has passed, leaving the world in smocking wreckage, the distinguished professors at the academy will be _begging_ her for a report.

The question is if she'll care anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:28 am 
Local

Tiamat wrote:
Rakshasa wrote:
Senko wrote:
Oh sure if her goal was demi-godhood for demi-godhood's sake then she'll have succeeded (although it seems Ian has a lock on those for now) but as I recall her reason for going after demi-godhood was to beat the faculty and thus earn an A passing university and becoming an accepted magic user. If she doesn't make it back in that time limit then she has failed in her objectives.

I guess you are one of those guys when the path you are walking on is blocked by a wall, collides with it. After you've picked yourself up from the ground, you try again. And again. And again. Until you pass out.

Next time, try the door 3 meters to the left.

What the hell are you talking about? He's making perfect sense. If Meji doesn't get god-powers within the time limit of her senior project, she will get a failing grade for aforementioned project. Hence, if she does not gain the power in the time limit she has <b>failed</b> the project. What else are you looking for here?

(A.S. She have 3 monthy since she left the school)

I agree

http://www.errantstory.com/archive.php?date=2002-12-13
http://www.errantstory.com/archive.php?date=2002-12-16
http://www.errantstory.com/archive.php?date=2002-12-18
http://www.errantstory.com/archive.php?date=2002-12-23
http://www.errantstory.com/archive.php?date=2002-12-25
and
http://www.errantstory.com/archive.php?date=2003-04-04
http://www.errantstory.com/archive.php?date=2005-11-16

All those page have a similar central point : They all say that the only reason for Meji to do that is to get an "A" on her class exam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:37 pm 
Addict

EVEN if she fails the project, god powers still means she wins, regardless of whether she was originally planning to do it that way or not.

Her ultimate goal here, remember, is not to pass her exam, it's to graduate so she can keep her inheritance and happy heiress status. The loophole means she can graduate at any time, so long as she has those powers.

^-^'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:29 pm 
Local

Of course, gaining god-like powers kind of makes the whole thing moot. You don't really need an inheritance either if you get them. It's kind of close-minded to worry about failing the dumb exam when the alternative is god-like power.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:32 pm 
Local

Is the inheritance even important? Maybe she just wants to prove herself to her grandfather...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:16 pm 
Expatriate

Kian wrote:
Of course, gaining god-like powers kind of makes the whole thing moot. You don't really need an inheritance either if you get them. It's kind of close-minded to worry about failing the dumb exam when the alternative is god-like power.

Keep in mind we're talking about Meji here.

Post subject: i just wanted to say that
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:23 pm 
Green Text

Damn you, Logic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:10 pm 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Some people (not you Kest) need to go back and read the comic from the begining. The whole opening act is all about Meji's prospects for failing her final project.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:58 am 
Local

I join this opinion: with the power of god who needs pitiful money. Proving yourself to your gramps is another matter but with that kind of power he would be a jackass not to be proud of her.

DEATH: HE IS AN OLD FRIEND. YOU MIGHT SAY HE IS ON THE INSTALMENT PLAN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:23 am 
Local

And a moron to let her know it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:46 am 
Local

Words of wisdom...

DEATH: HE IS AN OLD FRIEND. YOU MIGHT SAY HE IS ON THE INSTALMENT PLAN.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3