ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:35 am 
Expatriate

Anita looks plain scary in these pictures.

All furrowed, with a brimming pool of rage just under those placid eyes.

Paul should count himself lucky to be liked by Anita.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:32 am 
Expatriate

There's no evidence of an extensive Ensigerum spy network; they could easily make do with a single well-placed informant in the Veracian Church. If a quarter of a major city was burnt to the ground after some elves appeared, and if elf sightings have become far more common throughout Veracia ever since, then you can be sure that elves are foremost on the collective mind of the Veracian government. As for the failed assassination, well, a shot was fired in the center of a religious compound, and there's only so stealthy you can be with a young woman slumped over your shoulder.

In fact, the only reason we know that it isn't just diplomatic information-sharing from the high priest is that the Ensigerum don't appear to mistrust the information.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:36 pm 
Local

Anita needs some sleep. Those are some serious bags under her eyes.

She doesn't handle stress very well I guess. Or else its a byproduct of manhandling time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:48 pm 
Local

My response was: "Oh, fuck. ....Hell YES!"

This is better than the spec.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:19 pm 
Local

Slamlander wrote:
BTW, I've seen good life-long friendships built on less than what Sarine and Jon have between them.

Between humans. Would Elves have "lifelong" friendships?

Slamlander wrote:
Gewehr is German for 'rifle', it's in the Wiki.

Thanks for mentioning that. Now I have a fairly good idea of how to pronounce it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:47 pm 
Local

BloodHenge wrote:
Slamlander wrote:
BTW, I've seen good life-long friendships built on less than what Sarine and Jon have between them.

At the rate this particular ka-tet is going, it'd be a safe bet to make.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:46 pm 
Expatriate

normalphil wrote:
BloodHenge wrote:
Slamlander wrote:

At the rate this particular ka-tet is going, it'd be a safe bet to make.

Heh, Ian will just make Jon immortal for shits a giggles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:52 pm 
Expatriate

normalphil wrote:
Damn. That's even worse than I thought possible. Those poor, poor, hunter-killer teams ranging out throughout the world, looking for Ian.

Apologies, Senko.

Ummmm why?

So the monks do know what happened there to a certain point so it seems there was some observation going on and whoever it was knew how to send a message to them at least. Poor Meiji it does look like she's failed her senior project sniff. I'm not so sure why Ian going nova would worry them though its just some random mage blowing up a small cemetary/town/continent although the last one might be a problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:56 pm 
Local

Senko wrote:
I'm not so sure why Ian going nova would worry them though its just some random mage blowing up a small cemetary/town/continent although the last one might be a problem.

I can't seem to find a map right now, but I do recall the Northern Confederacies being on the same continent as Veracia. So, blowing that up might upset a few people.

Also, while searching the Wiki for a map, one link lead to another which eventually lead to <A HREF="http://www.errantstory.com/archive.php?date=2003-08-27">this</A>, which made me wonder... apparently a number of nutjobs in Tsuiraku believe that "we" were all made by a race of superadvanced aliens, which the Lorenzel Excavations texts seem to agree with; and those possibly having been derived from Dwarven texts, may be more accurate than the Elves' mythology. Those same people also believe that the Northern Confederacies are using ancient human (in other words, Dwaven) technology to build weapons... which again seems to have been borne out by other sources.

But these same people ALSO believe that there's conspiracies between the Elves and the Veracian Church. While the incident with Luminosita knocking on the Elven barrier might call that into question, it's possible that said conspiracy postdates that event, and even if there really is no such conspiracy, it's still possible that Anita may have heard these same rumors that Meji has, and might put a little more stock in them now with this report of Sarine's involvement in their Major Fuck-Up Du Jour.

Addendum: It is very difficult for me not to call Luminosita "Luminosity". Damn graphic arts background...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:15 am 
Green Text

Forrest wrote:
I can't seem to find a map right now

*slaps forehead*

Should I add something to the main page saying 'HAY GUYZ MAP IZ HEER'?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:03 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Kestenvarn wrote:
Forrest wrote:

*slaps forehead*

Nah, don't bother. They'd still miss it. Sheesh! :wink:

BTW, if we get the site to do image uploads. How would you feel about that? To avoid spammers and vandals, we'd have to restrict the permissions, however.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:17 am 
Local

Senko wrote:
... Poor Meiji it does look like she's failed her senior project sniff. ...

You keep using that word, but I don't think it means what you think it means.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:44 am 
Local

About Meji failing her project: If her goal is to obtain the power of god, why would any time restrictions apply and indeed why would she then need a diploma? Do deities apply for jobs too?

DEATH: HE IS AN OLD FRIEND. YOU MIGHT SAY HE IS ON THE INSTALMENT PLAN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:12 pm 
Local

I think I saw a picture somewhere of Odin working at a fast food restaurant, but I have no idea how to go about locating it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:29 pm 
Local

Kestenvarn wrote:
Forrest wrote:

*slaps forehead*

Whenever I go looking to the Wiki for a map, I usually look under the article for the place I'm looking for a map of, or the "Nations" page, or try obvious titles like "world" or "map", or searches for those sorts of terms... and none of these sorts of things turn up such a map. I wouldn't think to look at an article titled Errant Story (I wouldn't really expect such an article to exist), or to click on a link labeled "community portal", to find such a map.

Also, while on the topic of the wiki, most if not all of the categories on the main page that say they are sadly empty, actually aren't anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:35 pm 
Green Text

Which is why I asked. As far as I know, you cannot add anything beyond links to a category, so Nations wouldn't work. And I put little cutouts for each of the countries' individual entries.

I'd say rename Community Portal as Table of Contents, or something. The former is a stupid name that tells the reader nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:23 pm 
Expatriate

Oh sure if her goal was demi-godhood for demi-godhood's sake then she'll have succeeded (although it seems Ian has a lock on those for now) but as I recall her reason for going after demi-godhood was to beat the faculty and thus earn an A passing university and becoming an accepted magic user. If she doesn't make it back in that time limit then she has failed in her objectives.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:31 pm 
Local

Your friendly neighborhood Wikiholic here.

Kestenvarn wrote:
Which is why I asked. As far as I know, you cannot add anything beyond links to a category, so Nations wouldn't work. And I put little cutouts for each of the countries' individual entries.

A "Map" wiki entry has now been set up. What do you mean, "you cannot add anything beyond links to a category"?

Kestenvarn wrote:
I'd say rename Community Portal as Table of Contents, or something. The former is a stupid name that tells the reader nothing.

"Community Portal" is wiki-ese for the page that tells about the administrative contents of the wiki, and in my opinion, shouldn't be used for a table of contents. There is now a "Table of Contents" page that redirects to the special page listing the "useful" contents. In many wikis this isn't a good idea, as that special page is humongous and all but impossible to read. This one is still sparse enough that a listing of all content pages is readable. See if that helps. When I figure out how, I'll modify the skin so that it accesses this table of contents on a point-and-click basis, but I'll need more sleep before doing that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:07 pm 
Local

Senko wrote:
Oh sure if her goal was demi-godhood for demi-godhood's sake then she'll have succeeded (although it seems Ian has a lock on those for now) but as I recall her reason for going after demi-godhood was to beat the faculty and thus earn an A passing university and becoming an accepted magic user. If she doesn't make it back in that time limit then she has failed in her objectives.

I guess you are one of those guys when the path you are walking on is blocked by a wall, collides with it. After you've picked yourself up from the ground, you try again. And again. And again. Until you pass out.

Next time, try the door 3 meters to the left.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:13 pm 
Green Text

Graybeard wrote:
Kestenvarn wrote:

"Community Portal" is wiki-ese for the page that tells about the administrative contents of the wiki, and in my opinion, shouldn't be used for a table of contents.

How many people would be familiar with 'wikiese'? Before your post, the CP name sounded like goosegabble.

This is what I was referring to about the Category. One might reasonably expect to find a map here, although I didn't think you could add images.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next