ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ] 
 Post subject: 03/23/07 She failed that test pretty badly
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:20 am 
Local

And a new test... I'm surprised that she isn't worried about Sara being a traitor and sending someone to check.

DEATH: HE IS AN OLD FRIEND. YOU MIGHT SAY HE IS ON THE INSTALMENT PLAN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:06 am 
Local

Things like this probably always happen now and then, and Anita already thought the order was slacking in their martial prowess when we saw Anita take down those monks in a sparring match way back in... What Chapter was that again?

Anita strikes me as being the smartest out of the lot of them. A realist too, not caught up in the trappings of tradition. I wonder how many of the monks merely pay lip-service to the "survive and adapt" credo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:21 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Methinks Anita gets most of her excersize by jumping to unwarranted conclusions. The church may very well be against her but probably not. She has no evidence either way.

The solutions matrix for Sara however, is still a matrix. When Warrel got killed a scenario was presented that had Anita assume that Sara was either captured or turned her coat (considering the nature of the test). This new matrix is almost inconsistent with her previous conclusion jumping.

However, it does mean that Jon and Sarine don't have to worry about monks on their back-trail.

In the early days of the Shaolin Temple, one of the secrets to their political power was information. They had begging monks everywhere in the Chinese Empire. At least, at the entrance to every major city, most towns , and even some villages, and you couldn't tell one monk from another, in those saffron robes.

Somehow, I don't see these time mages doing that.

The Bookies are still looking for their betting slips from the time when Warrel got killed.

Last edited by Slamlander on Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:26 am 
Local

I have to say, Anita's power and command are sexy.

It looks like Warrel isn't even missed. I get the feeling Paul is glad to be rid of him. I'd love to see more of the inner politics of the time mages. They probably have a very strict chain of command, but you know there's the occasional bad apple working it's way around.

I wonder if Warrel was one of those. I wonder if Chris will be one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:38 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Chris won't get the chance. He's fodder for the first sacrifice play that Anita or Paul come across. Remember, they briefly considered killing him outright. He's there for their entertainment. He's never going to be allowed to be a monk.

Anita's feminine okay, in a land shark sort of way. Sexy? Not! Sort of like the femme CEO of HP. A real bitch, she was. But, I'm not into B&D and some guys might like that sort.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:01 am 
Local

Chris is an interesting character, who seems to be born with the strangest luck, perhaps he will play a crucial role in the future, getting his vengeance on the order or something, something 'deux ex machina' style.

DEATH: HE IS AN OLD FRIEND. YOU MIGHT SAY HE IS ON THE INSTALMENT PLAN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:32 am 
Local

To me, one of the most telling things in this whole (excellent, if unusually typo-ridden) day's work for Poe is this line from Anita in the second panel: "(Sara) not only allowed her instructor to be murdered but was captured."

In what bizarre version of reality is the death of someone who has been sent on a mission to kill someone, at the hands of the intended victim's bodyguard/backup, "murder"?

Anita has the same busted ethical compass as a certain president I could name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:41 am 
Addict

Graybeard wrote:
To me, one of the most telling things in this whole (excellent, if unusually typo-ridden) day's work for Poe is this line from Anita in the second panel: "(Sara) not only allowed her instructor to be murdered but was captured."

In what bizarre version of reality is the death of someone who has been sent on a mission to kill someone, at the hands of the intended victim's bodyguard/backup, "murder"?

Anita has the same busted ethical compass as a certain president I could name.

The same busticaded logic that holds the apprentice liable for the death-by-stupidity of the master. Yes, said president has that problem too. :evil:

The Master is responsible for the Apprentice, not the other way around.

Post subject: Re: 03/23/07 She failed that test pretty badly
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:50 am 
Expatriate

pillaroforder wrote:
And a new test... I'm surprised that she isn't worried about Sara being a traitor and sending someone to check.

What strikes me is that Anita has gone into long-term planning mode. Sara isn't an urgent problem, and is being left to her own resources, to live or die and maybe report back some time in the future. Infiltrating the church isn't something that you can do in a day or a week. That nun who fed them info and asked about the order might make a good recruit. But that's just the start of months or years of training, followed by even more time going back and re-entering the church order and working her way to a good management position.

Anita will probably be delegating the fire fighting to underlings, while spending most of her time with improving their intelligence operations.

This probably signals a scene change real soon now. Yup; its about time we got back to Jon, Sarine and Sara. And Ellis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:17 am 
Green Text

Odds on them still having Ellis gagged...?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:55 am 
Local

Kestenvarn wrote:

Better odds of him being hostage-watcher-in-chief selected through the most anciant of ways; a round of "not it!". Then they took the gag off of him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:59 am 
Addict

Kestenvarn wrote:

The Bookies wrote:
1) Ellis is still gagged. 1:1000
2) Ellis re-gagged. 2:1
3) Ellis having learned to keep his yap shut. 0.1:1

Remember that this model familiar is well known for a specific series of personality defects.

Last edited by Slamlander on Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:44 am 
Expatriate

Anita seems to be skirting with Disaster here. Inviting Failure almost.

Paul has very valid concerns, and really she seems to be giving them a minimum degree of dismissive attention.

She didn't even take Paul's feelings on Warrel's shortcomings serious enough to send in extra surveillance/support.

And to expect a monastery of arrogant time ninjas to become proficient Jason Bourne's of infiltration, well...

I half suspect that Anita is purposely sending the Order into a series of challenging contentions to cull the weak and stupid that they've managed to culminate over the years of relative not-war ('peace' would be misleading).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:08 am 
Local

bellofthedamned wrote:

FTW, she need's bigger boots. Thigh boots, black shiny leather. Yeah, that'll do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:32 am 
Local

Anita looks to me to be blinded by the search for power and world domination, and she'll use whatever is at her disposal to fulfill her aims. A few monks get killed? wottehell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:00 pm 
Local

bellofthedamned wrote:

TO each his own to each his own. She seems kind of tired, fourtish and far to unkind to on my radar.

Speaking of her looking tired any ideas on if that time magic has side effects?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:31 pm 
Native

I'm guessing if you screw up the timefucking you become a red smear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:39 pm 
Local

I like Anita's speech bubble in the second panel. It's slightly edgy lines read as being grouchy and pissed, but by the second bubble in that panel she has calmed her voice if not her mind enough to speak without the same inflection... this sort of thing shows us where Poe has truly mastered his craft and gives me a reason to get up on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. (Tuesday and Thursday are bitch days anyhow!)

The way she talks about infiltrating a holy order reminds me of the way my ex-girlfriend ordered dinner, cold and unyielding to any suggestion of something healthier... :-3

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]