ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:28 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Rakshasa wrote:
Eyeless Blond wrote:
I thought the magic elf crystals were fragile when not having magic pumped into them? I think Sarine's more worried about Jon breaking it.

You thought wrong, Bitch. Now go read the forum archives.

You told wrong bitch, Go read the Wiki*

*As punishment for use of cheap tin plated gangsta behavior.

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:29 pm 
Local

Slamlander wrote:
You told wrong bitch, Go read the Wiki*

*As punishment for use of cheap tin plated gangsta behavior.

Perhaps you should read the _entire_ wiki article before presuming to correct me?

The blade is like your dick, it shrinks. When shrunk, it is no longer fragile enough for Sarine to be worried about it breaking on touch, even though magic isn't flowing through it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:39 pm 
Addict

Now children, let's not upset Momma Impy with unnecessary name-calling, okay?

-_-'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:54 pm 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Like dude, I was only joking (or did no one see the :wink: ?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:27 pm 
Local

Wow, male pms rears its ugly head. Most of the guys I know have been acting really angsty these days... including myself!

Need the white whale picture, yes we do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:14 pm 
Local

Killjoy wrote:
I normally like Jon, but...I really don't get why he goes all glassy-eyed and impatient on any subject dealing with elves, and almost seems to want her to give him useless, dumbed-down, silly answers.

Negative reinforcement from the events of the last time he got a power-point presentation on Elf topics?

Post subject: while we're on the subject...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:32 pm 
n00b

Here's a thought, while we're talking about these durus flamma things. They can repel bullets without taking a scratch, so it seems to me they'd make for excellent suits of armor. The distracting effect Poe mentioned makes it unsuitable for use by elves, but a well-trained human or half-elf could power it only at the precise moment of impact (similar to the way highly-trained fighters tense their muscles when receiving blows). I doubt it could turn a lousy fighter into an unbeatable one, but the moment of stunned confusion when a monk's magic-spear-thrust bounces away harmlessly is probably worth a quick counterattack or two (as well getting a priceless expression on the poor bastard's face, as only Poe can do).

It would be a boss way for Jon to take down Anita.

Post subject: Re: while we're on the subject...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:40 pm 
Local

sumdumguy wrote:
Here's a thought, while we're talking about these durus flamma things. They can repel bullets without taking a scratch, so it seems to me they'd make for excellent suits of armor. The distracting effect Poe mentioned makes it unsuitable for use by elves, but a well-trained human or half-elf could power it only at the precise moment of impact (similar to the way highly-trained fighters tense their muscles when receiving blows). I doubt it could turn a lousy fighter into an unbeatable one, but the moment of stunned confusion when a monk's magic-spear-thrust bounces away harmlessly is probably worth a quick counterattack or two (as well getting a priceless expression on the poor bastard's face, as only Poe can do).

It would be a boss way for Jon to take down Anita.

Which (tangentaly) leads to a nagging thought I've been having.

We really have no evidence that the Ensigerum can actually make these things. And now we find out the crystals are a dwarven trade-good. Heck, the elves might not be able to make durus flamma objects anymore. For all we know we're looking at slavishly maintained weaponry that was origionally built to last in the first place. Heck, 2000 years probably doesn't bring them past warrenty, Elves being what they are.

Poe had an art piece that showed Anita with a Dolon that was obviously a cut above the rest. Matte-black, finished surface, the works. Likely that's one of the Imperator's perks. They get to own a weapon that was once privately owned by some random elf, as opposed to the mass-produced and now-held-together-with-duct-tape versions everybody else has.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:09 am 
Local

normalphil wrote:
Killjoy wrote:
I normally like Jon, but...I really don't get why he goes all glassy-eyed and impatient on any subject dealing with elves, and almost seems to want her to give him useless, dumbed-down, silly answers.

Negative reinforcement from the events of the last time he got a power-point presentation on Elf topics?

Although nobody probably cares... There are four general ways to modify behavior.

Positive reinforcement: The introduction of a reward.
Negative reinforcement: The removal of a deterrent.
Positive punishment: The introduction of a deterrent.
Negative punishment: The removal of a reward.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2