ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:36 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Mestro wrote:
With that much power, they'd have to take on a much tougher task than taking on both the Ensigerum and the Elven Council plus Tsuraiku and Veracia.

How about breaking the elves out of their self-imposed head-up-assedness?

From what we've seen already, they'd need a fair amount of power, just to survive. Goddess infested or not, Ian may be powerful but quite short of divine. He doesn't seem to be able to channel the goddess' full power.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:47 am 
Local

Jon's explanation can't have been very comforting.. more that sort of.. cold certainty that comes with the mail. It's written there, infront of you, totally impersonal, and yet, directed only at you.

To that effect, am I the only one who believes it looks like Sara is about to start crying? At this point, I don't think it would be out of character, and her eyes sure look like they're watering to me.

Next page FTMFW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:14 am 
Addict

Zherical wrote:
Jon's explanation can't have been very comforting.. more that sort of.. cold certainty that comes with the mail. It's written there, infront of you, totally impersonal, and yet, directed only at you.

To that effect, am I the only one who believes it looks like Sara is about to start crying? At this point, I don't think it would be out of character, and her eyes sure look like they're watering to me.

Next page FTMFW

"Friday-Tuesday-Monday-Friday-Wednesday?"

What kind of publishing schedule is that? :calvin:

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Last edited by Boss Out of Town on Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:15 am 
Expatriate

My unrelated two cents:

Tax returns for Poe.

Why not? You (by which I mean I) were just going to drink it anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:29 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Zherical wrote:

Yes, it would indeed be out of character for her.

Zherical wrote:
Next page FTMFW

I'm with Boss, WTF?!?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:55 am 
n00b

IMHO Jon was right to leave her in the orphanage. Shit happens. Better than having her get held ransom or murdered. I mean this is a manga world, chicks get molested like seven times a day... Well, couldn't really be much safer in the orphanage now that I think of it.

Eh, I can understand, but it is a convenient cop out. In his mind she's out of danger, and hers she's out of sight out of mind. Both are pretty true. I can understand the guilt of having the lack of ability to do anything about it without doing something foolish, and then wondering if doing something foolish would have been the better outcome.

Bleh. Depressing. Can we plz get back to people exploding and some fire maybe? Jon and Sara should go rampage on the orphanage and shit, burn it down. Then bring the people back to life and burn them to death again.

Then they could come to my house and we'd all have pie! Magical pie!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:56 am 
Local

Slamlander wrote:
Zherical wrote:
Next page FTMFW

I'm with Boss, WTF?!?!

WTF FTW!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:27 am 
Addict

Location: In front of the computer, doing things best left undescribed
You know, not only is Jon totally badass, but he's so laissez faire about it that it makes him even MORE badass.

Also, FTMFW = Fornicating Triops Mate For Winecoolers. Duh.

Pyro: Noun. Practicioner of the ancient and gentle arts of burning shit down and blowing shit up.

DNI'd by actor_au

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:01 am 
Tourist

Slamlander wrote:
Zherical wrote:

Yes, it would indeed be out of character for her.

Oh man, not out of character at this point. She has not expressed emotion for probably the last 7 years of her life- but she's now given a reason go from that to ALLCAPS within (as others have said) the space of 3 frames. It is extremely difficult, once you've passed that breaking point, not to just completely lose it.

Watch her face, throughout the comic. She's not been emotionless. She's been shut down. Numb. It's not an absence of emotion, it's a point where... emotion is irrelevant. What one feels, she's learned, has no bearing on the outcome of a situation, except possibly to cloud judgement, slow reaction time. Therefore it's better not just to not deal with the emotion, but to bring yourself to a point where you don't feel it in the first place. That doesn't mean it's not there.

Now, she's thrown into a situation where the very foundations of the universe (once again) have been yanked out from under her- her mission failed, her master dead; and the Ensignarium, the source of the tradition and discipline which has held the world together since she was taken from the orphanage, is rejecting her as unworthy. And on top of that, the one person who hurt her most- well, the one who's still alive, in any case- is coming up to her and going, "Heeey, what's wrong with YOU then?"

It's not something that's out of character. It's something that's been waiting to happen ever since her character was introduced.

just my 2 cents worth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:12 am 
Local

spacecoyote_vega wrote:
just my 2 cents worth.

Looks more like a dollar to me...

DEATH: HE IS AN OLD FRIEND. YOU MIGHT SAY HE IS ON THE INSTALMENT PLAN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:24 am 
Expatriate

For The Mother Fucking Win

That is all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:34 am 
Addict

KurtDunn wrote:

That is all.

So, who the hell is this "Win" dude anyway?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:46 pm 
Tourist

pillaroforder wrote:
spacecoyote_vega wrote:
just my 2 cents worth.

That would imply that there was actually a pre-existing demand for the opinion- and everyone's already got an opinion. Assuming prices are not being manipulated by Evil CEOs, market forces tend to cause price deflation when supply outweighs demand.

Quote:

... yer mom?

Last edited by spacecoyote_vega on Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: 06Apr07 - Would I have been able too if I had actually tried?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:48 pm 
Tourist

Yorik wrote:
Slamlander wrote:
(being able to edit later is nice) :-P

So Jon does give a reasonable excuse rather than a cop-out. This is going to be good :-)

I see a really bad-ass team forming here
* Sarine
* Jon
* Sara
* Ian/Goddess
* Meji

Now they just need a suitable bad guy and a mission; like taking on both the Ensigerum and the Elven Council?

I predict an Undead invasion.

I predict massive frost mage aoe damage ala faxmonkey :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:10 pm 
Addict

Slamlander wrote:
KurtDunn wrote:

That is all.

And is "The Mother Fucking Win" anything like "The Mighty Quim, er, Quinn?" Did Dylan write a song about him? That made any sense?

"Welcommme, Missterr Smith, to acronym hellll."

spacecoyote_vega wrote:
Watch her face, throughout the comic. She's not been emotionless. She's been shut down. Numb. It's not an absence of emotion, it's a point where... emotion is irrelevant. What one feels, she's learned, has no bearing on the outcome of a situation, except possibly to cloud judgement, slow reaction time. Therefore it's better not just to not deal with the emotion, but to bring yourself to a point where you don't feel it in the first place. That doesn't mean it's not there.

Very shrewd, young jedi. Sara's reactions to the situations we've seen her in suggest she is not so much indoctrinated as numbed and walled up in her shell. The few occasions we have seen her talk or think in print she reveals a very clear awareness of what is going on around her, well beyond what might comfort a monkish mentor or DI. Note even the carefully minimal conversation she has with Warrel. He talks to her as though she were slow-witted. However, willfully ignorant Jon might be at times, neither he nor his sister are stupid.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:26 pm 
Local

TO whoever said my observation was irrelevant: fuuuuckk yoouuuuuu

LoL

KurtDunn & spacecoyote_vega FTW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:46 pm 
Local

spacecoyote_vega wrote:
pillaroforder wrote:
spacecoyote_vega wrote:
just my 2 cents worth.

That would imply that there was actually a pre-existing demand for the opinion- and everyone's already got an opinion. Assuming prices are not being manipulated by Evil CEOs, market forces tend to cause price deflation when supply outweighs demand.

You forgot production costs - more text takes more time to write, time = money.

DEATH: HE IS AN OLD FRIEND. YOU MIGHT SAY HE IS ON THE INSTALMENT PLAN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:30 am 
Local

Girlfriends = time x money. The more time you spend with them, the more money you can expect to have spent on them.

Since time = money, girlfriends = money x money.

Basicly, if you have an opinion, don't mention it to your girlfriend, because it's gonna cost you, one way or another.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:41 pm 
Local

Zherical wrote:
Girlfriends = time x money. The more time you spend with them, the more money you can expect to have spent on them.

Since time = money, girlfriends = money x money.

Basicly, if you have an opinion, don't mention it to your girlfriend, because it's gonna cost you, one way or another.

Actually there is a common false premise to all such arguments (such as those that intend to prove women are evil, as money is the root of all evil, and thus if women = money^2, and money = sqrt(evil), then evil = money^2 as well, and thus women = evil). The problem is that women are not equal to (time*money). Women are inversely proportional to time and money - they COST time and money. The more women you have, the less time and money you have.

Thus, given that:
women = 1/(time*money),
time = money, and
money = sqrt(evil)

We can deduce that:
women = 1/(time*money)
women = 1/(money*money)
women = 1/(money^2)
women = 1/((sqrt(evil))^2)
women = 1/evil

In other words, women are inversely proportional to evil, or the lack of women is evil, with which I'm sure we can all agree.

Edit: Also, your statement "The more time you spend with them, the more money you can expect to have spent on them" would be better formulated as time*girlfriend = 1/money (i.e. time spent with your girlfriend is inversely proportional to the amount of money you still have).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:22 pm 
Local

Same shit, different smell, forrest.

rofl

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next