ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: 9/04/2007: I'm sorry
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:39 am 
Addict

Hmm, Jon did what could be expected, but I can't really blame Sara. She likely been carrying that grudge around for years and years. It's not like one talk is just gonna make her go. 'All's forgiven bro', let's annoy the elf together.'

Wait, this isn't chewing gum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:56 am 
Addict

At least he lobbed the ball into her court. He said he was sorry things happened the way they did, explained his reasoning behind his actions and is at least communicating.

I can tell from personal experience that the seething hatred one has for a family member will take a long time to work out, if at all.

Sifu of Corpse Child

Caecus fides est hostilis veritatis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:59 am 
n00b

i feel sorry for sara. perhaps; instead of killing jon, she should just beat him up, like little sisters do! also, sara and meji's childhood do have at least some small similarities in the form of abandonment. when they meet they should get along nicely. well, at least in the angst department.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:05 am 
Expatriate

Are people missing that Jon and Sara's dialog did not mesh in the second panel?

Sara tries to tell Jon that he could have never left in the first place, but Jon just continues his sad spiel about how he should have at least tried to find out what had happened, even if it would not have made a difference.

This, as much as anything, told Sara the truth: that sure, Jon may have been sorry about the way things worked out, but he was mainly talking for himself or to try and give empty copmfort instead of listening to what she actually said. Hence the "Leave me be."

Pretty sad moment when abandoned little sister, who may have still held a faint glimmer of hope until that point, realizes that long lost big brother is still hung up on himself instead of her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:47 am 
Local

Actually, I took the

"Yeah... maybe I should have... and maybe there was some way I could have, but that doesn't change the fact that, at the time, I didn't think so."

to mean,

"Yeah... maybe I should have [never left in the first place]... and maybe there was some way I could have [never left in the first place], but that doesn't change the fact that, at the time, I didn't think [I could have never left in the first place]."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:39 am 
Local

She'll get over it. All she wanted to know was he cares. And he does.

It's a warm family moment here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:08 am 
Expatriate

She's gunna teach him to be a Time-ninja. And that leads to my question: If you're a time ninja moving 20 times faster, and you shoot a gun, is the bullet traveling 20 times faster?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:14 am 
Expatriate

It would've been alot easier to use her bigger brother as a focal point of all her rage and angst. That's the worst part, is that she knows that Jon did the reasonably right thing, and she can't fault him for it and blame everything on a person, and not on the world and existence at large.

You can at least shout at/hurt/kill a person.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:35 am 
n00b

Logic wrote:
She's gunna teach him to be a Time-ninja. ...

Omg, wouldn't that be sublime. Lovely thought there. Even if it doesn't happen that way, that will feed my fantasies for a long time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:49 am 
Addict

Kian wrote:
Actually, I took the

"Yeah... maybe I should have... and maybe there was some way I could have, but that doesn't change the fact that, at the time, I didn't think so."

to mean,

"Yeah... maybe I should have [never left in the first place]... and maybe there was some way I could have [never left in the first place], but that doesn't change the fact that, at the time, I didn't think [I could have never left in the first place]."

Her mother threw him out and he became a hit man for hire. Ironically, if he had felt less shame about his life, he might have found the courage to at least look for Sara.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:56 am 
Local

Logic wrote:
She's gunna teach him to be a Time-ninja. And that leads to my question: If you're a time ninja moving 20 times faster, and you shoot a gun, is the bullet traveling 20 times faster?

I had a different idea: He teaches her to use a gun. Which leads to the same question.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:52 am 
Local

They both teach each other and then together they figure out a way to extend the time-magic to the gun. Blammo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:16 pm 
Expatriate

The average .45 slug travels at 950 FPS (Feet per second, and I assume that's around what Jon uses because it packs a punch and is ideal mid-range kills). If I used my calculator right that's 647.272727272727etc miles an hour. That times 20 is 12954 miles an hour.

That's a fast fucking bullet. I'm not big on physics but something traveling that fast would A: Break the sound barrier (duh) and B: travel through the body(s) of the intended victim and then carry on until it broke apart enough to lose inertia or hit something dense enough to stop it (i.e., a mountain.)

Shooting into the air would easily launch the slug into space, while hitting anything relatively thin (six inches of steel?) would either seriously bend it or shatter it outright as all the energy was passed from bullet to surface...

Oh shit, I think I just killed about forty cat girls.

Last edited by Logic on Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:17 pm 
Expatriate

Boss Out of Town wrote:
Kian wrote:
Actually, I took the

to mean,

Her mother threw him out and he became a hit man for hire. Ironically, if he had felt less shame about his life, he might have found the courage to at least look for Sara.

Actually I am relatively sure you have that out of order. He became a hit man to help support his mother and sister. When his mother found what he was doing for money he was kicked out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:35 pm 
Local

GWhite wrote:
Boss Out of Town wrote:
Kian wrote:
Actually, I took the

to mean,

Actually I am relatively sure you have that out of order. He became a hit man to help support his mother and sister. When his mother found what he was doing for money he was kicked out.

Frankly, I don't think the Gewehr hands out pieces to recent sign-ons. The only way we're going to find out at what point Jon made the transition from lay-thuggery for money to a contract-killer is if Poe so deigns to tell us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:22 am 
Local

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit's WEDNESDAY

I say Sarine hassles him about this. We all know she will <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:26 am 
Local

Is it just me, or has anybody else noticed Zherical's last few posts have taken a... sharp turn?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:28 am 
Expatriate

Who?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:37 am 
Expatriate

Zherical wrote:
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit's WEDNESDAY

Nope; it's Tuesday. It says so right there at the top of your message:

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:22 am Post subject:

So does anyone know what time it is? I mean right now. ;-)

And you know that Sarine is taking this all in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:38 pm 
n00b

Logic wrote:
The average .45 slug travels at 950 FPS (Feet per second, and I assume that's around what Jon uses because it packs a punch and is ideal mid-range kills). If I used my calculator right that's 647.272727272727etc miles an hour. That times 20 is 12954 miles an hour.

That's a fast fucking bullet.

No shit dude - that's about 20 times the speed of sound...

Sadly, much as it's fun to indulge in fantasies of bullets punching through yards thick steel, there's no getting around the fact that it's just a lead bullet, so it would splatter rather than the armour...

Additionally, the air resistance would probably melt the bullet...

That said, being hit by a molten slug of lead travelling about six times faster than an SR71 Blackbird at full chat doesn't sound much fun - the hydrostatic shock alone woul probably cause a human body to disintigrate rather messily...

Right, that's my quota of catgirls dead... Back to lurking.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next