ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: To Whom It May Concern:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:49 am 
Addict

I'm getting sick and tired with a portion of the shenanigans that are happening in this Entire Forum. I have no problems with people doing practical jokes on each other or trying to create a bit of drama but to go about fucking with the forums (especially in the RP forums) just because you can is making me get within an inch of just saying "To Hell" with this place.

For the 3rd time in the last 6 months, the RP forum has been fucked with and threads have been removed by people that don't even frequent the area. "Bimbo's Bar & Grill" has been removed entirely and I have no idea where it is, the OOC thread for Clay & Mad's latest RP is gone & the "State of the Forum" message I put up in that specific forum has been erased along with everyone else's responses then replaced with an slap in the face to myself and all those that wish to enjoy the forums without having to worry about this place decending into Chaos. They just decide to have some "fun" and as a result fuck with something that honestly is none of their concern. Considering I'm the ONLY Mod in the RP forum, then this would mean someone would have to be getting access beyond what they should be or someone who does have the access is doing this stupid shit for kicks at my and others' expense.

This place has really started to take a nosedive and honestly, I'm having to question whether this is a place I want to frequent anymore if this type of shit continues. This of course makes me deeply sad since this is a place I love to enter every day. I enjoy the camraderie, the jokes, the postings, the information I can garner from my comrades, but if the ONE forum I'm entrusted to take care of is continually fucked with every time there's a Forum Drama Friday or something of that ilk, it makes me wonder why it seems to be such a target & why they feel like they need to disrespect me and all their fellow boardmembers who may want to enjoy the place.

Of course people will be asking, "But Pervy, why weren't you in there a few days ago when it was still up?" The answer is that my mother had broken her ankle at work and thusly I've been helping her get around, take care of the home, and get her to her appointments. So as a result I've been sort of waiting on her and hadn't gotten the time to peruse here fully until a few mintues ago.

This crap that's been happening in here recently has made me pound my fists in anger and literally scream at the top of my lungs as I see things moved & maybe even destroyed. I have to accept the possibility that Bimbo's Bar & Grill, a thread that's been up and running since the opening of this forum December of 2001, has been deleted by someone or someones who for whatever reason decided that it needed to be removed...without asking anyone about it and probably just to see if anyone would notice. Well I did notice, and I'm sure the ones that did do this are reading this and laughing hysterically at having gotten this reaction from me. However, you need to understand just how much this has wounded me and I hope the previous statement has brought it to your attention.

I've sent a PM to actor and hopefully he'll be able to do something on his end to retrieve & move the aforementioned threads back to where they were. However, the "State of the Forum" thread I posted after being given the honor of being the RP Mod is irretriveably destroyed by someone erasing it all and just putting down "What Is This Bullshit?" as if to do yet another slap in my face.

If you've taken the time to read this, I thank you for doing so and hope you have a nice day.

Sincerly,

Howard (Bandman2K) Seelye

Sifu of Corpse Child

Caecus fides est hostilis veritatis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:47 am 
Addict

I'm tired of it, too. Have been for about a year.

But, gee... the boards happen to be entirely hosted on MY server now. Guess that means I'll be changing some server stuff around very soon now, so that the probably responsible parties won't be able to mess with these boards ever again. I guarantee this won't be a problem anymore by the time I'm done, but you will have to be patient.

>.<'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:18 am 
n00b

:-o Whoa, wasn't even aware that this forum had that problem going on. Though I understand how much it sucks, when you put your heart and effort into writing all that up and have it all get erased. I don't get what kind of sick pleasure some people get from doing that. :-x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:30 pm 
Addict

I always figured chaos was a normal part of this board, and actually made it good. But more and more, I'm realizing that no, this is not the normal chaos that was in place before, it's the stupid shit that amuses the illegitimate admins of this place. I, for one, welcome our new Impy overlord.

In any case, I'm finding less and less reasons to stick around here... but we'll see what happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:24 pm 
Addict

I must echo these sentiments. For about the last month, even though I am not on very much, I have noticed that this place has been curving down around the time I joined, it probably began before that but this is when I can now identify things starting to get fucked around with. And what I used to think of as 'lol lets see whats going on at Kyhm's today' is now becoming more and more of, 'should I use the slight time I get to look around the interwebz to come here when all it is usually filled with is needless drama and necro'd threads that don't even provide comedic value at being necro'd'. I dunno how much anyone will listen to me, but I have respect for Uncle Pervy and I hope that this stuff will be sorted out once Impy gets done with it all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:18 pm 
Green Text

Hell-Fox wrote:
:-o Whoa, wasn't even aware that this forum had that problem going on. Though I understand how much it sucks, when you put your heart and effort into writing all that up and have it all get erased. I don't get what kind of sick pleasure some people get from doing that. :-x

Same here.

Who the hell would bother fucking around with that kind of stuff? It's a little absurd.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]