ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:03 am 
n00b

Maybe Sarine is trying to get her riled up so she won't be so depressed. I mean she has been depressed and down since she was captured. This is also affecting Jon too, being his sister and all, so Sarine looks like she definently is fulfilling the requirement of alpha bitch in

#1: Getting Sara out of her funk by at first giving her freedom to leave.

#2: Plan B, giving Sara the option of potentially redeeming herself by goading her into a battle. Even if Sarine has the fight rigged to her surviving, giving Sara a chance to battle seems to be more than enough to stir Sara's resolve to fight.

#3: This is what I think will happen next, Sara is most likely going to get humbled, pretty hard. This is to show that Sarine is the one in charge, and that she knows skills that can easily break Sara's current techniques. " You may be tough, but I'm tougher." So to speak.

#4: I think after that beating(should it occur), Sara is probably going to be given a choice. She can die there, assuming Sarine doesn't want an assassin monk going back to tattle to her superiors and have potential pursuers as they are trying to find Ian. Even if it is Jon's sister Sarine has to keep that option open, and also to keep the stress level on Sara with that potential outcome. But if she still insists on sticking around, she will have to acknowledge Sarine as the alpha. This outcome would of course be the most desirable I think. Not only would it ensure that they will have a companion who can defend herself and not be a burden(like being a depressed prisoner that would slow them down tracking Ian) but it would also respect Jon's request not to let Sara out of his sight again.

Thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:17 pm 
Expatriate

From what I understand of the "Magical elven swords," Sarine is still at a disadvantage in a fight with them because elves get all "EVERYTHING IS SO LOUD/BRIGHT/ROUGH/SMOOTH/ORGASMIC(if she happens to be wearing tight undies.)"

Should be neat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:58 pm 
Local

I don't want to think what would happen if you had sex while having one of those activiated. But I'm sure someone on this fourm will...

By next week at latest, I foresee people going "Oh snap, that was CLEVER", but I sure as hell don't see it coming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:41 pm 
Local

There is simply no way Sarine would do this if there was any risk at all of it being a fair fight, or if she had any chance at all of losing. The game is rigged. Hell, the clearing is rigged. So sit back and enjoy.

And those are some nice panels of her there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:10 pm 
Local

Rubber Band Man wrote:
I don't want to think what would happen if you had sex while having one of those activiated. But I'm sure someone on this fourm will...

By next week at latest, I foresee people going "Oh snap, that was CLEVER", but I sure as hell don't see it coming.

Hmm... the Durus Flamma's enchantment causes the swords to vibrate, and yet also induce a state of heightened sensitivity... Why do I get the feeling that these things were an accidental discovery stumbled upon while some entrepreneuring Elf lass was trying to invent the vibrator?

I'd have suggested that the Dwarven discovery which lead to its invention was actually a vibrator, except that the Dwarves weren't anatomically correct. Though, seeing as how the Pedobaitgusi have tits that serve no biological purpose, maybe Dwarven vibrators aren't that far out... hell, maybe the only reason they couldn't breed was because there were no Dwarven men! Now that's a reversal if I've ever seen one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:14 pm 
Addict

Destichado wrote:
I note that all these machinations would be terminated abruptly if Jon woke up. WHEN Jon wakes up, they will be rendered moot. This is a less than good idea.

Which is why this is happening. Well not the only reason why.

Hell-Fox wrote:
#3: This is what I think will happen next, Sara is most likely going to get humbled, pretty hard. This is to show that Sarine is the one in charge, and that she knows skills that can easily break Sara's current techniques. " You may be tough, but I'm tougher." So to speak.

I'm predicting that Sarine is gunna beat her using the flats of her blades and not the magic elf duel sword.
Anyone have the odds of that happening? *bookies i'm lookin' at you*

In general I must agree with Slamlander and Hell-Fox. Although I could think of a few other ways of bringing Sara out of her funk. No they didn't involve elfsecks.

But what I'm really contemplating against Slam's alphabitch theory is Meji and Ian. The group together as a whole wasn't very stable with Ian there. And I doubt that Meji and Ian were exceptions because of their age. And if they were they certainly are not now. I forsee a very confrontational meeting with the two major players being Sarine and Ian mainly because of the power of each individual. Although I guess that could be taken into the alphabitch theory as Sarine conquering the last of the members of their group.

And to the fight coming up. I suspect that Sara won't be doing a lot of thinking. She was basically programmed to go into a version of a barbarian rage and fight on instincts. I think the fight coming up is going to tell Sarine whether of not Sara does think deeply enough to take orders if/when they run into more elven deathsquads out hunting for Ian, and not so much be the deciding factor in which Sarine becomes the alphabitch, which in my mind has already happened when Sara decided to play my Sarine's rules and fight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:09 pm 
Expatriate

Slamlander wrote:
monberg wrote:
Jon's gonna wake up thinking "i know this headache, i've been elf-raped again, and this time right in front of my sister" :-)

no matter how this turns out, he's going to be somewhat upset!

Even without that, the fact that Sarine is running her own selection game on his sister is going to make him go ballistic. His "protect the little sister" program is going to go into overload. This is way worse than Jon getting elf-raped. But then again, maybe it's the same thing and just a different version?

Elf-rape by converting and recruiting his sister or elf-rape by getting fucked and then mind-fucked; what's the difference? Sarine is the alpha-bitch. Look at the way a pride of lions operates, it's the females that actually run things. The males are there to service the females and protect the pride from other males, period. Similar with a wolf pack. The alpha bitch usually calls the important shots.

At the end of this, Jon is going to wake up to an image of Sarine and Sara having settled their issues. At that point, he is going to immediatey realise that he is totally and completely fucked, without a choice. Sarine and Sara cooperating is going to turn his world inside out, sideways, and control all of his available choices. Because he is not going to walk away from Sara, to leave her in Sarine's hands. Then Sarine's going to screw him until his brains leaks out of his ears and he'll be a done-puppy. :wink:

Alpha-male conquered by alpha-bitch.

...Look, I completely get what you're saying, but this sounds more like a personal sexual fantasy than genuine deep thought. :sweatdrop:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:53 pm 
Native

Gwyon wrote:
Slamlander wrote:
monberg wrote:
Jon's gonna wake up thinking "i know this headache, i've been elf-raped again, and this time right in front of my sister" :-)

no matter how this turns out, he's going to be somewhat upset!

Even without that, the fact that Sarine is running her own selection game on his sister is going to make him go ballistic. His "protect the little sister" program is going to go into overload. This is way worse than Jon getting elf-raped. But then again, maybe it's the same thing and just a different version?

Elf-rape by converting and recruiting his sister or elf-rape by getting fucked and then mind-fucked; what's the difference? Sarine is the alpha-bitch. Look at the way a pride of lions operates, it's the females that actually run things. The males are there to service the females and protect the pride from other males, period. Similar with a wolf pack. The alpha bitch usually calls the important shots.

At the end of this, Jon is going to wake up to an image of Sarine and Sara having settled their issues. At that point, he is going to immediatey realise that he is totally and completely fucked, without a choice. Sarine and Sara cooperating is going to turn his world inside out, sideways, and control all of his available choices. Because he is not going to walk away from Sara, to leave her in Sarine's hands. Then Sarine's going to screw him until his brains leaks out of his ears and he'll be a done-puppy. :wink:

Alpha-male conquered by alpha-bitch.

...Look, I completely get what you're saying, but this sounds more like a personal sexual fantasy than genuine deep thought. :sweatdrop:

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:56 pm 
Addict

Gwyon wrote:

And yet it all makes so much sense as a forcast for the future. Except the screwing of Jon, I don't think he'll get that anytime soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:47 pm 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Kaz*CheesyDoritoBomb* wrote:
Destichado wrote:
I note that all these machinations would be terminated abruptly if Jon woke up. WHEN Jon wakes up, they will be rendered moot. This is a less than good idea.

Which is why this is happening. Well not the only reason why.

Hell-Fox wrote:

I'm predicting that Sarine is gunna beat her using the flats of her blades and not the magic elf duel sword.
Anyone have the odds of that happening? *bookies i'm lookin' at you*

Unfortunately, The Bookies are still boxed up from the move. Many things are on hold right now due to available bandwidth restrictions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:01 am 
Tourist

... you know what else, I get the feeling that Sarine might feel some responsibility for the girl as Ensignarium. That was her job, originally... she was among those who developed the fighting style, the order, even in part the social structure that led to that of the modern-day Ensignarium monks. There could be a hint of, "Oh man, what have you people done with my baby," (as in project or creation- she knows well enough what happened to her child- hmm, the father of whom was Ensignarium himself, so there might still be paralells there- a half-elf child; a martial art/disipline jointly created by elves and humans...)

In any case. This girl is the product of people she originally trained. She wears a very similar uniform, carries the proper weapon. And has apparently been trained by fuckwits. Sarine might possibly feel a sort of propriatory obligation to pick up Sara's training and undo some of those fuckwitted habits, get back to some of the basics and work through what's been neglected- simple non-magical combat skill in specific.

If that was spun just right, do you think Anita might buy it? Apprentice has been accepted for training by Ancient Ensignarium Master, and will return to you more kick-ass than ever, incidentally that Warrel really was acting a jackass, rebuffed a peaceful overture and got exactly the disembowelment he was asking for. . . ? An alliance with even a semi-renegade elvin ranger might not look too bad after those folks have finished burning all their bridges.

*under the influence of interacting caffine and sleepy pills, apologies for any unintended spastickness, cause my eyes are crossing too much to re-read any o that crap, also my brain feels like it's waist deep in hyperactive gooey flypaper. I go sleep now.*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:18 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
There are a number of assumptions in there that are not all that clear. At least, not solid enough to be put into the wiki and some that may even be contradicted by the wiki.

1) While it is fairly clear that Sarine had a hand in training human special combatants, it is not all that clear that she helped found the Ensigerum. In fact, it isn't all that clear that her former husband was Ensigerum. In fact what is clear is that he was killed by a dude with a Durus Flamma. That is all that is clear.

2) There are numerous hints that the Ensigerum may have been on the fundimentalist side of the half-elf/Errant wars, note how Warrel called her a whore and his hostility against elves in general. They were from a human group that was also bigoted against the half-elves.

Evidence is fairly clear that Sarine fought for for the half-elves in that war, having had a half-elven child themselves. In that case, she and her husband would have been fighting against the side containing the Ensigerum and it may indeed have been an Ensigerum that killed her husband. In this case, converting Sara would be something that she would try.

None of this, even my argument, is something that I would consider sufficiently void of vapor to be included in the wiki. At this point, we just do not know with enough certainty.

PS- You really need to try this thing called "sleep". :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:27 am 
Local

WEDNESDAY

yayayayayayaya gogo new page +1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:13 am 
n00b

Okay, Jon is almost definitely in magic "sleepy-time" mode... did Sarine remember to get Ellis this time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:45 am 
Local

Slamlander wrote:
1) While it is fairly clear that Sarine had a hand in training human special combatants, it is not all that clear that she helped found the Ensigerum. In fact, it isn't all that clear that her former husband was Ensigerum. In fact what is clear is that he was killed by a dude with a Durus Flamma. That is all that is clear.

She said she "personally trained" them... Who? The Usagierum, their bunny-eared brethren?

Slamlander wrote:
2) There are numerous hints that the Ensigerum may have been on the fundimentalist side of the half-elf/Errant wars, note how Warrel called her a whore and his hostility against elves in general. They were from a human group that was also bigoted against the half-elves.

AFAICR, the elves betrayed the Ensigerum even though they fought on the "right side" of the war. So some bitterness should be expected.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:58 am 
Local

Rakshasa wrote:
AFAICR, the elves betrayed the Ensigerum even though they fought on the "right side" of the war. So some bitterness should be expected.

Wait, I don't specifically remember that, where was this said? Or do you just assume so? Oh, wait do you mean when the elves kicked humans out?

DEATH: HE IS AN OLD FRIEND. YOU MIGHT SAY HE IS ON THE INSTALMENT PLAN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:20 am 
Addict

pillaroforder wrote:
Rakshasa wrote:

Wait, I don't specifically remember that, where was this said? Or do you just assume so? Oh, wait do you mean when the elves kicked humans out?

I don't see where that quote came from but the way I see it, the Ensigerum and their Elvish allies would have been uneasy allies at best, given the current suspicion about the Ensigerum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:41 am 
Local

Well, being kicked out sure is a reason for holding a grudge, but it doesn't explain why are they still holding it (Ensigerum as well as elves). And it doesn't explain why the Ensigerum kept themselves separate from the rest of humanity. There must be more to the story, I bet it has something to do with 'and the reason for fighting became blurred' as Sarine said in her history lesson.

DEATH: HE IS AN OLD FRIEND. YOU MIGHT SAY HE IS ON THE INSTALMENT PLAN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:40 am 
n00b

pillaroforder wrote:
Well, being kicked out sure is a reason for holding a grudge, but it doesn't explain why are they still holding it (Ensigerum as well as elves). And it doesn't explain why the Ensigerum kept themselves separate from the rest of humanity. There must be more to the story, I bet it has something to do with 'and the reason for fighting became blurred' as Sarine said in her history lesson.

Sounds like WWI when it was nearing the end. People had forgotten why they were even fighting in the first place, and the war ended with no real victor or loser. Its just that Germany was the one who gave up first, the elves in a way were like the Germans in that they had power but they just couldn't keep up with the numbers of troops the other side had.

Anyway there is the possibility that Sarine was just messing with Sara. I say that because it didn't look like Sara was trying to do a magic move, simply as soon as she hit the barrier with her hand she got burned and denied. But then again its just speculative as we don't know exactly what kind of ward Sarine used and what causes it to react. I say that she is simply messing with her, because of the sarcastic response when Sara hit the barrier. It was along the lines of " Oh, by the way you'll have to get past my ward first if you want to fight with me. I forgot to mention that. ;-)" Anyway just speculation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:11 pm 
Tourist

Huh... that was surprisingly lucid... though of course flimsily constructed with little basis in cannon.

I think what I was originally going to say before I wandered off into la-la land was that Sarine, as an instructor of the martial art from which Sara's training originated, might possibly be reacting to that instinct common to all instructors of any discipline- that being the one that drives them to scream from the sidelines, "YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG! START OVER, EXCEPT THIS TIME DO IT THE WAY I TELL YOU!"

If it so happens that one's original instructor is in the same vicinity, it is usually best to move quietly out of the line of fire and wait for the survivor to emerge the smoking crater that was once your classroom and gives you today's revised lesson plan.

Also, sleep is good. I think I should really do it more often.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next