ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: 4/27/07 "...Torturing cats for fun don't seem too horrible anymore."
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:30 am 
Addict

Bitchfight!

I've got money riding on Sarine to win.

Sifu of Corpse Child

Caecus fides est hostilis veritatis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:26 am 
Local

Sarine won the moment she took off her jacket. In a fight between two girls, the one with more exposed flesh always wins.

Also, she should wear her hair up more often.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:45 am 
Local

Yup, the badass bitch look becomes Sarine very much. Yum!

DEATH: HE IS AN OLD FRIEND. YOU MIGHT SAY HE IS ON THE INSTALMENT PLAN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:46 am 
Local

French vs furite.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:57 am 
Addict

Ahhh! One of the joys of winter camping with the Sierra Club: women in skin-tight polypro thermal underwear. Hawt, by any standard.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:03 am 
Local

The smart money's on Sarine but I'm rooting for Sara. Everything to prove. Will the up-and-coming youngster who's had such a hard time recently finally find the form that's eluded her so far this season</end_sports_commentary>

Also, bare arms in a fight. She has the right to bare arms: it looks cool and sexy, not so good when a blade or that big pokey thing gets near them. Overconfidence maybe?

Also, can anyone provide evidence of Sarine smiling? I know she's x thousand years old, but the odd smile wouldn't go amiss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:27 am 
Addict

Pretty sure the lack of armor is a clear indicator she doesn't take this thing seriously.

That, or it's a clear indicator she's got enhanced clothing. Everything except the upper arms IS covered, it could be a special weave designed to deflect those blades for all we know. It's not like the elves haven't had a couple thousand years with nothing to do but tinker around with that sort of thing.

As for the bare shoulders and biceps... wouldn't those be a fairly unlikely place to sustain an injury in this situation? Normally they'd be protected by her coat, but this is something she's had at least several hours to plan. Both she and her opponent are armed and calm, and she surely has something in place to protect herself in case Sara suddenly decides to do more than spar. Hell, she had possession of Sara's weapon for that whole time. It might not even work the same way anymore.

^-^'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:46 am 
Local

No, no, no - she just shed unnecessary weight and a possibly restricting coat. She doesn't bother wearing armor anymore, 'cause it's useless against guns and explosions, so another layer of cloth doesn't really matter.

So she actualy is serious - she prevented her hair from falling into her eyes and shed all the clothes that would restrict her movements.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:08 am 
Local

It is worth noting that duels function completely different to outright wars.

Nobody uses a halberd in what should be a sword fight, after-all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:35 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Well, that depends, have you seen a Naginata in action against a Katana or Wakazashi? It also does very well against a Tachi. Depending on technique, it's about an even match there. This of course gives Sarine the advantage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:36 am 
Local

Sarine does look like the mistress about to give the young puppy a lesson, yum indeed.

and you can't wear heavy coats when you're about to get hot and sweaty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:40 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Jon wrote:
Thank god we're getting rid of you soon.

Whether or not Sarine knows it, Jon has decided to help her in her quest to find Meji and Ian. If for no other reason than to get rid of Ellis. He's never actually agreed to it before. In fact, he's been more than a little resistant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:58 am 
n00b

In a duel or fencing match the sword arm is the area most likely to get wounded as it is closer to your opponent than any other part of your body...

#remembers countless hours practicing stop hits on the wrist in Fencing class...#

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:07 am 
n00b

Imp-Chan wrote:
Pretty sure the lack of armor is a clear indicator she doesn't take this thing seriously.

Could also be a case of wanting to even out the fight. Sara doesn't appear to have that much armor on her. Wiki doesn't shed any light on her wardobe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:16 am 
Addict

Guys and Impy,

You are all forgetting something. Namely that, Variador armor is the only thing that even slows down one of those blades and neither of them have it. What they wear or not wear won't mean a damned thing, except for their personal comfort. As far as the weapons are concerned, they could both be nude.

Of course, both females bind their jiggly bits so they don't give themselves black eyes. :lol:

Yes, Sarine looks HOT and the alpha bitch is gonna kick some ass!

Edit: Something else I just remembered, using a Durus Flamma Dolon is like a gunslinger with two six-guns. They are either really, really good or a show-off. I don't think Sara is a show-off.

Last edited by Slamlander on Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:27 am 
Local

So since when does Sarine fight left handed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:27 am 
Local

Yep, in this duel agility and speed reign supreme, no cumbersome objects allowed. Better to fight with no armor than with all that useless metal weighing you down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:30 am 
Local

Getz wrote:
In a duel or fencing match the sword arm is the area most likely to get wounded as it is closer to your opponent than any other part of your body...

#remembers countless hours practicing stop hits on the wrist in Fencing class...#

Yes, yes. Such an easy target but often forgotten. Sometimes I'd lower my forearm as a lure for the tyro or unwary.

Also the stance: front foot pointing forward so as not to fall over when moving forward, knees bent. My knees went when I was in my 20s.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:37 am 
Addict

ri[[3r wrote:
Getz wrote:

Yes, yes. Such an easy target but often forgotten. Sometimes I'd lower my forearm as a lure for the tyro or unwary.

Also the stance: front foot pointing forward so as not to fall over when moving forward, knees bent. My knees went when I was in my 20s.

The fencing stance is a lot like a Reverse Bo or Cat stance. Yes, at 53 and 15-20 kilos heavier I can still hold either. :-P But the belly makes too large of a target :wink:

Last edited by Slamlander on Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:38 am 
Local

Graybeard wrote:
So since when does Sarine fight left handed?

A good one... I only checked her fight with Melrin. There she uses her left, because Melrin cut open her right shoulder. But she's used to two short swords, so she could be ambidextrous.

EDIT: In her fight with Warrel she uses her right hand. Either ambidexterity or sloppy artwork.

Last edited by pillaroforder on Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next