ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:45 am 
Local

pillaroforder wrote:
'Yay!' for comparisons of fictional characters from completly unrelated fictional universes. How many catgirls will perish for this one then.

I was hoping the sarcasm in my post would be more obvious. I guess the reference to henchman vs protagonist and the :roll: smiley weren't enough.

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:48 am 
Local

I guess they weren't. Also I was referring to an entire string of posts and yours was just the last one.

DEATH: HE IS AN OLD FRIEND. YOU MIGHT SAY HE IS ON THE INSTALMENT PLAN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:10 pm 
Local

Killjoy wrote:
Zherical wrote:
Shengokai wrote:
Quote:
She's right about the impracticalities of the dolon. I remember my Martial Arts instructor nearly foaming at the mouth when Phantom Menace came out. Ranted for half an hour about how stupid a double bladed weapon would be, and how you'd be more likely to disembowel yourself than hurt your opponent.

Those impracticalities apply only to Darth Maul's doublesaber: too short of a gripping distance, too many chances to grab the saber part, too many chances to loose a body part with a botched spin.

Sara's weapon has comparatively more grip room: it's like taking a bo staff up against a sword, only the bo has pointy bits on the end, it can be done, but only by expert wielders. In my experience, a shorter bladed staff weapon, like a nagamaki, can be used to great effect against a sword.

Also, she had less chance to grab the "on" end than she would with a darth maul weapon.

But all this is based on Jo techniques that I've learned when comparing them with katana techniques.

People are forgetting that in effect, Darth Maul was a master of masters with his weapon, plus he was for all purposes magically enhanced with speed and dexterity.

As for the lightsaber, it's a little hard to grab a spinning omni-directional blade, where the only handle portion is 1/2 covered by some VERY aggressive hands.

I would bet Darth Maul > Sarine x1000 if it came to a fight between them.

As for Sara's staff.. meh.. Warrels weapon made sense, hers doesn't.

Meh...Maul can't throw fireballs, sleep spells, etc, on the other hand. Plus, he was a henchman, and Sarine is a protagonist. :roll:

He might have been able to throw lightning, and I can't think of any reason that the Force can't be used to induce sleep.

I think Sarine could still beat him, though. She's an Elf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:54 pm 
Expatriate

BloodHenge wrote:
Killjoy wrote:
Zherical wrote:
Shengokai wrote:
Quote:
She's right about the impracticalities of the dolon. I remember my Martial Arts instructor nearly foaming at the mouth when Phantom Menace came out. Ranted for half an hour about how stupid a double bladed weapon would be, and how you'd be more likely to disembowel yourself than hurt your opponent.

Those impracticalities apply only to Darth Maul's doublesaber: too short of a gripping distance, too many chances to grab the saber part, too many chances to loose a body part with a botched spin.

Sara's weapon has comparatively more grip room: it's like taking a bo staff up against a sword, only the bo has pointy bits on the end, it can be done, but only by expert wielders. In my experience, a shorter bladed staff weapon, like a nagamaki, can be used to great effect against a sword.

Also, she had less chance to grab the "on" end than she would with a darth maul weapon.

But all this is based on Jo techniques that I've learned when comparing them with katana techniques.

People are forgetting that in effect, Darth Maul was a master of masters with his weapon, plus he was for all purposes magically enhanced with speed and dexterity.

As for the lightsaber, it's a little hard to grab a spinning omni-directional blade, where the only handle portion is 1/2 covered by some VERY aggressive hands.

I would bet Darth Maul > Sarine x1000 if it came to a fight between them.

As for Sara's staff.. meh.. Warrels weapon made sense, hers doesn't.

Meh...Maul can't throw fireballs, sleep spells, etc, on the other hand. Plus, he was a henchman, and Sarine is a protagonist. :roll:

He might have been able to throw lightning, and I can't think of any reason that the Force can't be used to induce sleep.

I think Sarine could still beat him, though. She's an Elf.

But Darth Maul is a really, really angry little man.

That'll trump Elf any day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:28 am 
n00b

I think at one point Sarine mentioned that she had taken precautionary measures. I would assume you all read it? (http://www.errantstory.com/archive.php?date=2007-04-20) Second two panels; I think this clears up, for me at least, any controversy around Sara not opening a can of whoop-ass. Not at all to say that Sarine doesn't know what she's doing though. . .

She could TOTALLY destructinate all the Sith >=O

You know, I think Ellis will kill them all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:42 am 
Local

Milino wrote:

Dude. Ian -> Anilis, Meji -> Senilis, Ellis -> Exitalis! FTW!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:32 am 
Local

Milino wrote:

Not with Jon's gun, he won't. No opposable thumbs.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6