ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: 2007-05-04 'POW' See, like that for instance.
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:21 am 
Local

And the show is over. If that doesn't put Sara out of commision, she has a really thick noggin'.

DEATH: HE IS AN OLD FRIEND. YOU MIGHT SAY HE IS ON THE INSTALMENT PLAN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:29 am 
Addict

She's not out of it. Just has a bloodly lip and feels this ingrained need to best the elf. This is gonna turn into a hands-on knockdown dragout into a ingeniously located mudpit and clothes being ripped off in massive handfuls.

Which reminds me: Anyone want popcorn?

Sifu of Corpse Child

Caecus fides est hostilis veritatis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:37 am 
Local

BandMan2K wrote:
She's not out of it. Just has a bloodly lip and feels this ingrained need to best the elf. This is gonna turn into a hands-on knockdown dragout into a ingeniously located mudpit and clothes being ripped off in massive handfuls.

Which reminds me: Anyone want popcorn?

Strange how those mudpits suddenly appear ... AS IF FROM NOWHERE !!!!

fingers crossed ... mine's the extra-large packet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:38 am 
Local

Thus we see further evidence that a light tap to the head that breaks the concentration is followed by a retracted blade.

Last edited by Rakshasa on Fri May 04, 2007 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:45 am 
Expatriate

The deactivated blade is wielded by Sarine in the last panel, and it's hilt is being used as a blunt instrument to deliver the subduing blow.

Besides, Sara isn't even holding the staff while she's 'klonked.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:53 am 
Local

No, no, that refers to Sara's deactivated Dolon, however it's not clear if she is still holding it, or Sarine took it out of her hands completly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:04 am 
Local

I just knew someone was going to think I meant Sarine's blade. ;)

And it doesn't look like Sarine retained her grip on the Dolon, her arm is visible and nowhere close. So unless the Dolon is levitating, Sara still has a grip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:07 am 
n00b

She's right about the impracticalities of the dolon. I remember my Martial Arts instructor nearly foaming at the mouth when Phantom Menace came out. Ranted for half an hour about how stupid a double bladed weapon would be, and how you'd be more likely to disembowel yourself than hurt your opponent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:08 am 
Local

Rakshasa wrote:
I just knew someone was going to think I meant Sarine's blade. ;)

And it doesn't look like Sarine retained her grip on the Dolon, her arm is visible and nowhere close. So unless the Dolon is levitating, Sara still has a grip.

Then try stating your thoughts more precisely. This is primordial void of chaos, called the internets forum after all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:10 am 
Addict

Look...Sarine has left hand on Dolon, right hand on her sword hilt. She pulls her left in, thus bringing in the Dolon and subsequently Sara. Sarine then brings her right hand to bear and uses full force of fist with swordhilt into Sara's face. Once Sara starts to go down, Sarine releases her hold on the Dolon. Sara still has it, but is now reeling from the right cross.

Sifu of Corpse Child

Caecus fides est hostilis veritatis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 3:18 am 
Local

pillaroforder wrote:
Then try stating your thoughts more precisely. This is primordial void of chaos, called the internets forum after all.

I did, I was referring to the person whom was hit in the head. That pretty much eliminates Sarine, and by extension her blade.

Was I to say, ", but I'm not talking about the blade Sarine is holding."?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:01 am 
Addict

Sigh. Poor Sara, all those years of training and she gets reminded twice in two days that she's too small to play with the big boys and girls. Both Jon and Sarine used their advantage in experience to apply their advantage in strength to take her down.

"Talking smack" is abusive nonsense intended to distract an opponent and establish your superior social rank in the school yard. Here, Sarine has been offering sound advice and an object lesson in applied physcis.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:04 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Rakshasa wrote:
pillaroforder wrote:

I did, I was referring to the person whom was hit in the head. That pretty much eliminates Sarine, and by extension her blade.

Was I to say, ", but I'm not talking about the blade Sarine is holding."?

You said it but it didn't parse well. I had to read and analyse it a few times to get a correct meaning. A quick scan could have given a false opposite meaning. Of course, we all know how useful "could've", "would've", and "should've" are to english. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:21 am 
Local

Slamlander wrote:
You said it but it didn't parse well. I had to read and analyse it a few times to get a correct meaning. A quick scan could have given a false opposite meaning. Of course, we all know how useful "could've", "would've", and "should've" are to english. :wink:

In this case the forum ate some of my words, still the meaning was intact.

Well, in the former case one could interpret it as Sara being tapped in the head would cause Sarine's blade to retract. But I'm sure we don't have _that_ particular problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:01 am 
Local

I wouldn't bet on them deactiviating their blades intentionally. I'd wager Sarine had something to do with that. After all, she just wanted an avenue for conversation, and if she gave Sara the opportunity, she could actually kill Sarine.

I think it's a fixed fight for both sides, just to give them something to do while Sarine picks Sara's psyche for signs she won't be a turncoat to them.

Post subject: Re: 2007-05-04 'POW' See, like that for instance.
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:03 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
And the pwning begins!

pillaroforder wrote:
And the show is over. If that doesn't put Sara out of commision, she has a really thick noggin'.

No, not over. Rather, just begining.

In the last panel, under the POW, it can clearly be seen that Sarine does not have a hold on the Dolon. The two prior panels show Sarine reaching out and grabbing the Dolon's haft, using it to pull Sara off balance, finishing up with a right-cross.

Also note that, just above the POW, is the end of the Dolon and it is clearly powered off. Sarine didn't take it out of Sara's hands and only used it as a grab-hold to pull Sara towards her. Sara retained her hold on the Dolon or it wouldn't have been possible to pull Sara off balance with it. That right-cross clearly disrupted Sara's focus enough to deactivate the Dolon. It also clearly shows that Sarine has relinquished her grip on the Dolon's haft, probably just before the strike landed.

It is also extremely clear that Sarine is not trying to kill Sara or she'd have simply run Sara through with the Hape instead of delivering the right-cross. Such moves are milliards more effective than smack-talk. This is classic alpha-bitch establishing dominant superiority.

Note that grabbing the Dolon's haft is the same trick that Jon used to capture Sara in the first place. It is the only safe place to grab one of those things and it is not protected behind the weapon's active zone.

Kung Fu has a weapon that looks very much like a Dolon but the haft can separate in half, yielding two long-handled swords that can be used much like Chinese Butterfly Knives (usually used in pairs). In this case, two Spatha. Sara's Dolon obviously cannot do that.

Sarine has a strong point that applies to all polearms. Polearms were designed and used as an equalizer for foot infantry against mounted cavalry. Halbards suxors against other infantry with swords. This is because your working zone is a minimum of a meter away and anything closer than that is gonna cut off your nuts/tits/whatever other parts of anatomy that are dear to you.

At the distance that Sarine moved into Sara, there is no way Sara could have gotten to her with either Dolon blade. Sarine is inside a Dolon's minimum working zone but still outside the minimum zone for a Hape, which she bloody well proved.

Sarine's next move is to step back and let Sara recover enough to continue the lesson. Poor Sara. :oops: :-3

If Sara is smart, she breaks her dolon in half but I seriously doubt that she's studied Butterfly Knife techniques.

Meanwhile, back at the campfire, Jon's making breakfast for three :-D

Edit:Added link for Butterfly knives/swords

Last edited by Slamlander on Sat May 05, 2007 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:51 am 
Local

Now that we've gotten a few close passes, those aren't gloves on Sarine's hands. Those are armoured gauntlets.

Sara just got hit in the face with a frickn' mace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:50 am 
Expatriate

Has the question of "why isn't Sara bending time?" as per (apparently) usual Ensigerum fashion been resolved? If not, and if Sara's holding back that little trick to keep the elf from testing countermeasures, Sarine could also be talking smack in an effort to piss Sara off enough to give in and "cheat".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:55 am 
Addict

normalphil wrote:
Now that we've gotten a few close passes, those aren't gloves on Sarine's hands. Those are armoured gauntlets.

Not hardly. Just black leather gauntlets is all. Buy them in any motorcycle shop :wink:

While she was in the elvin city, Sarine swore off armor. Nope, those are just gloves. Armor is shiney.

Keles wrote:
Has the question of "why isn't Sara bending time?" as per (apparently) usual Ensigerum fashion been resolved? If not, and if Sara's holding back that little trick to keep the elf from testing countermeasures, Sarine could also be talking smack in an effort to piss Sara off enough to give in and "cheat".

We only know that they are moving at the same rate of time. For all we know, they are both timeshifting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:59 am 
Local

Slamlander wrote:
normalphil wrote:

Not hardly. Just black leather gauntlets is all. Buy them in any motorcycle shop :wink:

While she was in the elvin city, Sarine swore off armor. Nope, those are just gloves. Armor is shiney.

Think modern ceramics. She swore off 100 year-old human armor. What she has now looks like a cuirass version of viradoor armor; specifically bits that protect vital areas and are concealed by her wardrobe upgrade.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next