ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: "Yeah, a lot of movies would have been better off if they had ended with a Dumbledore puppet yelling, 'It's nekkid time!' followed by the entire cast dancing around with their clothes off."
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:09 am 
Native

They definitely need to do this if they ever do another Xena flick. Or any film with a predominantly female cast.

Also, why was I able to wait almost a full day before posting this topic?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:05 pm 
Expatriate

Well, it's a bit of a mouthfull... also, if you don't know the joke it comes from, it loses a fair bit of it's impact. I personally blame my soon-to-be-wife, as she was the one who showed it to The Intern and I, who carried the idea over to poor unsuspecting Impy and Poe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:37 pm 
Native

I vaguely remembering it coming up during a discussion about Evangelion at like four in the morning this weekend at Acen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:16 am 
Local

Michael Poe wrote:
I vaguely remembering it coming up during a discussion about Evangelion at like four in the morning this weekend at Acen.

Doesn't everything?

(And why do I want to say your avatar looks like Osaka dressed like Spider Jerusalem?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:48 am 
Expatriate

Actually, if I remember correctly, it went something like this:

The Intern: They should have instant just-add-water buildings for Tokyo.

AVM : They did have those rise-and-fall buildings in Eva... not that they ever worked.

Intern: Oh?

AVM : Yeah, they'd be all like "OMG, there's an Angel coming! Quick, lower the city!" but by the time it actually started going down Shinji would be out there beating his Eva's head against the Angel and screaming, then he'd run out of power and the creepy german chick-

Poe : Asuka.

AVM : Asuka would be laughing at him for running out of power, but then she'd explode for no really clearly explained reason and then... I dunno... Dumbledore would show up nekkid and turn the Angel into a fruitcake and then everyone would do a musical number.

Poe : Yeah, a lot of movies would have been better off if they had ended with a Dumbledore puppet yelling, 'It's nekkid time!' followed by the entire cast dancing around with their clothes off.

This was immediately before we then went into how Gendo is a super-freak, what with his tendancy to use and abuse his disposable Rei army... and that nobody would ever ever want to be his garbage man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:54 pm 
Local

Maybe Jack Handey would. Because, hey, free dummy plug.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:24 am 
n00b

It wasn't a reference to Potter Puppet Pals?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:27 am 
Expatriate

Oh, no, it very much was, and good eye for catching it.

(Hands Freak a cookie)

I personally approve of any puppet show which can involve nudity, death, musical numbers, and pipebombs. The fact that Impy is allergic to Harry Potter and cringes whenever the fandom is mentioned in her company is just an extra bonus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 1:12 pm 
Expatriate

AncientVikingMaster wrote:
Actually, if I remember correctly, it went something like this:

The Intern: They should have instant just-add-water buildings for Tokyo.

AVM : They did have those rise-and-fall buildings in Eva... not that they ever worked.

Intern: Oh?

AVM : Yeah, they'd be all like "OMG, there's an Angel coming! Quick, lower the city!" but by the time it actually started going down Shinji would be out there beating his Eva's head against the Angel and screaming, then he'd run out of power and the creepy german chick-

Poe : Asuka.

AVM : Asuka would be laughing at him for running out of power, but then she'd explode for no really clearly explained reason and then... I dunno... Dumbledore would show up nekkid and turn the Angel into a fruitcake and then everyone would do a musical number.

Poe : Yeah, a lot of movies would have been better off if they had ended with a Dumbledore puppet yelling, 'It's nekkid time!' followed by the entire cast dancing around with their clothes off.

This was immediately before we then went into how Gendo is a super-freak, what with his tendancy to use and abuse his disposable Rei army... and that nobody would ever ever want to be his garbage man.

Disturbingly, this makes more sense than *either* of Eva's Endings/Trainwrecks.

Then again, a great many things make more sense than eps 25/26 or EoE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:40 am 
Addict

Location: In front of the computer, doing things best left undescribed
Watching Akira under the influence of LSD right after a lobotomy makes more sense than the end of Evangelion.

My vote for nekkid time goes for anything starring Natalie Portman and with a distinct shortage of hairy men.

Pyro: Noun. Practicioner of the ancient and gentle arts of burning shit down and blowing shit up.

DNI'd by actor_au

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:24 pm 
Expatriate

It still wasn't the scariest thing at Acen. There was a guy wearing an incredibly good (read: bad) costume of Dr. Rockso, the rock-n-roll clown from Metalocalypse.

That's right, the neon-green unitard-wearing clown.

Dr. "My video was banned from music television, cause you could see my junk... through my jumpsuit." Rockso.

And it was a very very good costume. And he was really... really fond of the store directly across from us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:20 pm 
Addict

Location: In front of the computer, doing things best left undescribed
It still can't be as bad as the fat, hair redneck wearing overalls with only one strap in MST3K's version of The Legend of Boggy Creek 2: The Legend Continues.

Some shit out there is scarier than bigfoot and goatse combined.

Pyro: Noun. Practicioner of the ancient and gentle arts of burning shit down and blowing shit up.

DNI'd by actor_au

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:19 pm 
Native

I refuse to go to anime or gaming conventions until they make it legal to headshot Man-Fayes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:33 pm 
Addict

Insane_Megalomaniac wrote:
It still can't be as bad as the fat, hair redneck wearing overalls with only one strap in MST3K's version of The Legend of Boggy Creek 2: The Legend Continues.

Some shit out there is scarier than bigfoot and goatse combined.

Man-Faye?
Sailor Dude?
A thousend fat slobs who havn't taken a shower since the last time it rained, all of them shoving their way towards the guy selling hotdogs?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 2:47 am 
Local

AncientVikingMaster wrote:
It still wasn't the scariest thing at Acen. There was a guy wearing an incredibly good (read: bad) costume of Dr. Rockso, the rock-n-roll clown from Metalocalypse.

Did he get busted for doing cocaine? I'm told that's a Hell of a drug...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:18 am 
Expatriate

If he didn't, it's a miracle. You could tell whereever he was by the distant screams of those who didn't know to avert their eyes until it was too late... far too late... and the native mating cry of his peoples, echoing through the concrete bunker...

"I DOOOO COCAINEEEEE!!!!"

Still gotta say he was the scariest thing by far. Anything that makes an entire booth of people buying double-penetration snuff lolita guro yaoi tentacle incest hentai wimper like they were on the receiving end of the double-penetration snuff lolita guro yaoi tentacle incest hentai is on my no-no list.

However, now considering the practical applications of Dr. Rockso, I bet you could completely stop all smoking in America if we replaced the Surgeon General's Warning on all packages of smokes with an image of Dr. Rockso. In fact, if we could get little green spandex unitards and wigs on our white blood cells, I bet we could even cure cancer just by scaring the crap out of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:35 am 
Local

Pics?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:03 am 
Local

I couldn't find any pics on a Google image search... although I did see someone mention that he was kicked out of Acen (presumably due to the visibility of his "junk", based on the poster's recommendation of a "dancer's belt").

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:45 pm 
Native

Rakshasa wrote:
Pics?

Well, you asked for it.

http://www.errantstory.com/images/horror.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:47 am 
Local

Now firmly implanted in my retinas.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next