ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:10 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Zherical wrote:
It would actually be pretty damn funny if she's telling the story to her teacher, and just he goes to tell her to fuck off, Jon and Sarine walk in.

Predictable, but I'd still like to see it :)

OOoo cute :-o , me too! :-3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:02 am 
Local

I can imagine the scene...

A scruffy assassin and his sister following an elven ranger whom is holding a wishing stick that is rammed up the butt hole of a black winged cat. And the mini ball-gag doesn't really help...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:20 am 
Local

Slamlander wrote:
Killjoy wrote:
I'm reserving judgement on whether Meji has "aged" in appearance until we see her up and about, in something more like she normally wears.

If she were indeed aged to full adulthood (from an apparent 14) then her usual attire would no longer fit. Trust me on this, I've raised and outfitted a daughter.

Something more like she normally wears, to eliminate variables. To many people, the apparent age of many females in that age range changes considerably depending on what they're wearing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:25 am 
Local

KurtDunn wrote:
Even if there is a 'magical geiger counter,' it would just take one Jackass Professor who doesn't particularly like Meiji much to dismiss that as Meiji almost blowing herself up somehow.

For anyone to cut her slack and listen to her story seriously, in light of her poor Academic history and having NOTHING for a Senior Project, would be going out on a limb, and I don't think anyone in the School has that kind of faith in her.

Her leaving interview wasn't laden with the belief that Meiji could actually finish the task she had set for herself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:25 am 
Expatriate

http://www.errantstory.com/archive.php?date=2002-12-25

Thanks!

Good find!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:44 am 
Local

Well, she does have two good pieces of evidence. She knows the location of Anilis' resting place, and she has the eyewitness testimony of the people of Santuariel. Unfortunately, those aren't things she can pick up and carry with her; she's going to have to convince somebody to believe her at least far enough to go look for themselves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:40 pm 
Tourist

Re the apparent "aging-" could it also be possible that she went through an entirely mundane growth spurt since we saw her last? Something similar happened to my younger sister- gangly beanpole one day, then she apparently sprouts hips and breasts overnight, leaving her with an hourglass figure fit for a 40s film goddess. Confused the hell out of her too... there's a reason girls tend to get eating disorders around that age, unfortunately... :-(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:40 pm 
Expatriate

There's also the burning of the religious groups library and the disapearance of her familiar. Sure she doesn't have any hard physical evidence but I'd think an experienced magic user could do some checking on her story and find enough confirmation to justify a passing grade even if her appearance hasn't changed beyond a tan. Aside from anything else the massive change in her personality indicates something pretty major did happen and her teacher from what we saw of him seems a fairly reasonable type.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:45 pm 
Expatriate

'So, you're telling me that you committed an international act of vandalism and lost your familiar because...?'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:07 pm 
Addict

KurtDunn wrote:
'So, you're telling me that you committed an international act of vandalism and lost your familiar because...?'

And the guy stops snarking at her at about the time he teleports down to the coordinates she gave him and Nookie pulls his spleen out through his navel just to vent her frustration.

That's another wild card in the mix. What if the pedodoggies leave their nest and go off searching for that goddess they were supposed to be guarding? One of those two super-beings testifying at Meji's presentation would panic that school like a plague of dragons.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:51 pm 
Local

First she'd have to convince people to go to a place in the middle of nowhere with no travel platforms within several days of travel...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:14 pm 
Local

Rakshasa wrote:
First she'd have to convince people to go to a place in the middle of nowhere with no travel platforms within several days of travel...

They got airships, don't they. It's mentioned somewhere in the first few chapters.

DEATH: HE IS AN OLD FRIEND. YOU MIGHT SAY HE IS ON THE INSTALMENT PLAN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:31 pm 
Local

My impression is that the instructors at Meji's school probably have what they consider better things to do than run around multiple countries using airships and/or travel gates to check on her crazy-sounding story, even if there are some strange things, that can't be easily dismissed by someone who cares to stop and think about them.

Her best hope is that there are reliable and legally-usable truth spells.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:25 pm 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Killjoy wrote:
My impression is that the instructors at Meji's school probably have what they consider better things to do than run around multiple countries using airships and/or travel gates to check on her crazy-sounding story, even if there are some strange things, that can't be easily dismissed by someone who cares to stop and think about them.

Her best hope is that there are reliable and legally-usable truth spells.

There are, I think. There's enough friction between Veracia and Tsuiraku that they mi8ght look anyway. The fact that Saus got smoked must have their attention and finding out that Meji was near ground-zero at the time will definitely get their curiosity. Nah, they'll at least look. They must be dieing from curiosity by now. These wizards are not all brain-dead academic types. (you can tell by now that I really don't like acadame, yes?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:10 am 
Expatriate

You know I just went back and read the earlier strips in 20021218 Meiji says for her senior project she's "going to become an insane, all powerful demigod and enslave all of reality." So technically she's failed her senior project. She isn't insane, an all powerful demi-god and hasn't enslaved all of reality so some academics would give her an F ouch. Personally I think the teacher involved is fairly nice and might give her an A for all she's been through. Depends if its a you must achieve your project or a you must show what you've learned in attempting your project class which can have a major effect on the grade you get given.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:31 am 
Local

Well, I've had semester projects before whose focus shifted over the course of working on them, and they were graded according to what they wound up being, rather than according to what I originally said I was going to do.

However... If she is insane, and this is told from her point of view, do we have a guarantee that she isn't an all-powerful demi-god who has enslaved all of reality? (And if she is, does it matter what sort of grade she got?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 12:57 am 
Expatriate

Now there's a faculty conversation I'd love to see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:30 am 
Local

pillaroforder wrote:
They got airships, don't they. It's mentioned somewhere in the first few chapters.

Ok, you try that... Go to the airforce of your particular country and tell them you've found god. They only need to fly you to a remote island somewhere and you'll show them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:39 am 
Local

Rakshasa wrote:
pillaroforder wrote:

Ok, you try that... Go to the airforce of your particular country and tell them you've found god. They only need to fly you to a remote island somewhere and you'll show them.

Not her, the faculty. If they believe her it wouldn't take them days on foot to get there...

DEATH: HE IS AN OLD FRIEND. YOU MIGHT SAY HE IS ON THE INSTALMENT PLAN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:00 am 
Addict

Rakshasa wrote:
pillaroforder wrote:

Completely out of context. In this case we have an environment that includes Luminosita, Elves, Dwarves, and some fairly high-end magic users. In addition, Meji, as flakey as she is, is in a mage school, in a city that floats in the sky, using magical forces. They are much less likely to auto-discount her story than present-day Earth academicans, regardless of how hide-bound they think they are.

They'll at least check veracity with a truth spell and follow the bread-crumbs from there. Oh, don't forget that her grandfather is a Councilman.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next