ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:12 am 
Local

Slamlander wrote:
Rakshasa wrote:
I doubt an instructor would say things like: "ooo..." and "whoa..."

Strong point there, pointing to a close friend of Meji. With Bani in the military, I doubt that it's her.

The oddly-framed nature of the text, and the fact that Meji is depicted lying around in bed alone while talking, gives me the impression that this conversation is happening over <strike>cell phone</strike> <A HREF="http://www.errantstory.com/archive.php?date=2004-07-14">crystal ball</A>, probably with Bani.

[Edited for grammar].

Last edited by Forrest on Wed May 23, 2007 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:40 am 
Local

Kian wrote:
So, how long before the elven ambassador returns to Tsuiraku?

My guess is that Tsuiraku will be getting a new Elven ambassador next time.

Slamlander wrote:
The mages at the school would be grilling her on the events of her adventure. Just the fact that she found the resting place of Anilis would have them salivating after information. The existance of Santauriel would also give them hardons. No, I don't think that they're going to fail her. Not after this adventure.

Assuming they believe her. I get the impression that she has a bit of a reputation as a flake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:03 pm 
Addict

Rakshasa wrote:
Ian can't be dead yet, he still hasn't done Labrat.

How can you be so sure?
He was last seen on fire, insane, and channeling extradimensional forces of unspeakable horror.
Sounds about right to me.

Zherical wrote:
I bet her seeing Jon and Sarine again will give her some spunk again.

Yay for spunk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:35 pm 
Local

Holy time dilation batman!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:35 pm 
Local

Im not sure but I think that hat was in meji's dorm room. Anyone have a ling to her packing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:49 pm 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Gladi wrote:
Bright day
Would she actually had to defeat the faculty on her own? Such kind of rule omission feels quite human.

Actually, since she was caught in the explosion with Ian and Anilis, I don't know as if she could credibly do it. I'm guessing that more than her appearance has been changed and Meji might not even know it.

The changed apprearance alone would give her story credibility. Mages would know that polymorphism doesn't work on her because she is a half-elf. So, the changed appearance is their first clue that something is different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:47 pm 
Expatriate

Slamlander wrote:
The mages at the school would be grilling her on the events of her adventure. Just the fact that she found the resting place of Anilis would have them salivating after information. The existance of Santauriel would also give them hardons. No, I don't think that they're going to fail her. Not after this adventure.

I doubt this would happen.

Just recall the more interesting parts of her tale...

Meeting the little Fairy beings of Elven Mythos, and the way they behaved...

The Goddess simply jumping into someone she knew...

That person conveniently exploding, thus leaving no one really credible to back up or deny her story...

When Meji left the school, she was a screwup. They might already be half expecting a tale of a Grand Misadventure of incredible research opportunity, mostly explaining how she couldn't QUITE make her senior project work.

I would expect her to fail, say 'fuck the dipolma,' put on all new Wizarding Gear, and go out to find out what exactly happened to Ian.

edit: On second thought, the only way she could make her story and a well writ paper of 'research' work, is if she LIED about most of what she saw, in order for it to be believable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:08 pm 
Local

A crying shame.. her truth would be stranger than fiction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:59 pm 
Local

Zherical wrote:
A crying shame.. her truth would be stranger than fiction.

So true but such is life on ES world

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:53 pm 
Local

Forrest wrote:
Slamlander wrote:
Rakshasa wrote:

Strong point there, pointing to a close friend of Meji. With Bani in the military, I doubt that it's her.

The oddly-framed nature of the text, and the fact that Meji is depicted lying around in bed alone while talking, gives me the impression that this conversation is happening over <strike>cell phone</strike> <A HREF="http://www.errantstory.com/archive.php?date=2004-07-14">crystal ball</A>, probably with Bani.

[Edited for grammar].

Meji lying in bed is part of the flashback coresponding to the 'moping for a week'. I think the conversation is with one of her friends (not Bani) at school just before she turns in her project.

She can of course offer to back everything up under truth spell. I also expect that her grandfather would have asked quite a few questions when she got home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:10 pm 
Local

I'm reserving judgement on whether Meji has "aged" in appearance until we see her up and about, in something more like she normally wears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:03 pm 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Killjoy wrote:
I'm reserving judgement on whether Meji has "aged" in appearance until we see her up and about, in something more like she normally wears.

If she were indeed aged to full adulthood (from an apparent 14) then her usual attire would no longer fit. Trust me on this, I've raised and outfitted a daughter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:04 am 
Local

But if it happened instantly, her tastes wouldn't have changed *unless you think fashion sense is primarily biochemical), so she may have something similar even if it's not the exact piece of clothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:49 am 
Local

Slamlander wrote:
If she were indeed aged to full adulthood (from an apparent 14) then her usual attire would no longer fit. Trust me on this, I've raised and outfitted a daughter.

I'd like to have seen that transformation sequence... growing and maturing so quickly, her boobs rip right through her shirt, leaving only a tattered piece of fabric draped over her shoulders; and her pants become merely tight shorts, torn at the size-seams to accomodate her newly rounded buttocks...

What? A guy can dream.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:05 am 
Addict

Amaterasu wrote:
Forrest wrote:
Slamlander wrote:
Rakshasa wrote:

[Edited for grammar].

Meji lying in bed is part of the flashback coresponding to the 'moping for a week'. I think the conversation is with one of her friends (not Bani) at school just before she turns in her project.

She can of course offer to back everything up under truth spell. I also expect that her grandfather would have asked quite a few questions when she got home.

Yeah, and why again would they not believe her? She just went through three months of extraordinarily dangerous travel, her skin is tanned in ways no one who knows her has ever seen, she's obviously traumatized. Also, her story might be bizarre to someone from the University of Illinois Department of Agriculture, but it would sounds perfectly plausible to a professor from Wizard Prep in Tsairaku.

If Meji isn't talking to Bani, she has a very close and trusted friend who has never been introduce in the story. Possible, not probable.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:12 am 
Expatriate

They would be skeptical of anything she didn't bring back personally, because she has failing grades, has the local reputation of 'stupid whore,' and seems to have a disastrous home life. She's a screwup by reputation.

So not only did she not bring back something she can hold and let other people examine, she has an unlikely series of events to convey ('Little cute Immortal Fairies of incredible religious significance to Elves? Uhhhuh...' 'You mean one of those overinflated magic shows pumped full of energy by a religion, yes? No? Suuuuureeee...' 'And this person, with the energy of this "Goddess" was just floating in mid air for hours and hours? Yeeaaaaah...' 'So where is this Goddess Possessed Half Elf? Oh he blew up? Okay that does it, get the fuck out and relinquish your pointy hat.')

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:32 am 
Addict

KurtDunn wrote:
They would be skeptical of anything she didn't bring back personally, because she has failing grades, has the local reputation of 'stupid whore,' and seems to have a disastrous home life. She's a screwup by reputation.

So not only did she not bring back something she can hold and let other people examine, she has an unlikely series of events to convey ('Little cute Immortal Fairies of incredible religious significance to Elves? Uhhhuh...' 'You mean one of those overinflated magic shows pumped full of energy by a religion, yes? No? Suuuuureeee...' 'And this person, with the energy of this "Goddess" was just floating in mid air for hours and hours? Yeeaaaaah...' 'So where is this Goddess Possessed Half Elf? Oh he blew up? Okay that does it, get the fuck out and relinquish your pointy hat.')

Anyone acting that way in light of the obvious physical proof would deserve to get sacked. There is plenty of physical evidence that something happened to her that is beyond being summarily dismissed and it must at least be listened to with some credibility, regardless of prior reputation. :roll:

But then again, such summary dismissals, in spite of evidence, is why I keep a huge axe sharpened against acadame. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:42 am 
Local

Sorry, what is this physical evidence of something happening to her? Only thing I can think of is if they got some kind of magical geiger counter and it blows up when pointed in her direction.

Losing her hair band and depression doesn't really cut it as evidence imo. Sure she might have had been changed by that magic, but it's to early to tell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:47 am 
Expatriate

Even if there is a 'magical geiger counter,' it would just take one Jackass Professor who doesn't particularly like Meiji much to dismiss that as Meiji almost blowing herself up somehow.

For anyone to cut her slack and listen to her story seriously, in light of her poor Academic history and having NOTHING for a Senior Project, would be going out on a limb, and I don't think anyone in the School has that kind of faith in her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:42 am 
Local

It would actually be pretty damn funny if she's telling the story to her teacher, and just he goes to tell her to fuck off, Jon and Sarine walk in.

Predictable, but I'd still like to see it :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next