ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:37 am 
Expatriate

Four more years? Do you think there will be a special edition set of all the volumes when the story is complete?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:38 pm 
Local

Mestro wrote:
Four more years? Do you think there will be a special edition set of all the volumes when the story is complete?

Maybe color ones if poes got the $$ at that point.

Then he writes something else for us to love and buy from him :)

Last edited by Datdude on Sun May 27, 2007 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:59 am 
Local

An interesting point. ARE there already plans for Poe's next big breakthrough?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:51 am 
Local

Scient wrote:

Thats a question for when the time comes. We have a ways to go on ES yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:07 pm 
Addict

Scient wrote:

There aren't plans, but there's a number of different options he's considering.

I know for a fact that he has a sequel planned for ES (it will be shorter?, and probably not a webcomic). He also has a big urban fantasy (closest category I can think of) story that he's been planning for a while that I suspect he still doesn't feel ready to write (that will also probably not be a webcomic). He also was looking at doing Does Not Play Well With Others, which WOULD be a webcomic, but of the funny gag-a-day variety for the most part, with much simpler art. He might also do some combination of the above, or something I haven't mentioned yet.

^-^'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:25 pm 
Local

Imp-Chan wrote:
Scient wrote:

I know for a fact that he has a sequel planned for ES (it will be shorter?, and probably not a webcomic). He also has a big urban fantasy (closest category I can think of) story that he's been planning for a while that I suspect he still doesn't feel ready to write (that will also probably not be a webcomic). He also was looking at doing Does Not Play Well With Others, which WOULD be a webcomic, but of the funny gag-a-day variety for the most part, with much simpler art. He might also do some combination of the above, or something I haven't mentioned yet.

^-^'

/gasp Not a webcomic /!gasp

Well wither way I've been following poe around the internet for more then half of ES now, so I'll be glad to see what comes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:44 pm 
Native

Poe and Ghastly should team up and do a Sexy Losers-esque webcomic featuring the female casts of EN and ES. I'd pay good money for that scheisse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 5:02 pm 
Local

The more I look at this strip, the more I want to read hentai manga with Etsuko. ^_^

I'm sure I saw someone like her in my many trips to Harajuku...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:46 am 
Local

Imp-Chan wrote:
Scient wrote:

^-^'

DONT LET HIM HAVE THE OPTION

WEBCOMICS FTMFMFMFMFMFW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 2:31 am 
Addict

As a responsible agent, I would be remiss if I encouraged someone I represent to work in a medium that is neither appropriate for the story in question nor likely to be very profitable for them. That said, it's entirely possible that Poe will choose to continue to make his works available online either in whole or in part, as a supplement to print publishing.

In other words, while he will probably never entirely leave webcomics behind, because let's face it you guys rock and it would suck not to have that interaction as the comic unfolds... it has long since become obvious that webcomics are not the best format for the kind of story-driven comics Poe wants to write, especially not when he works so slowly at producing the actual art. What passes in a mere hour or so of reading in book format takes more than a year to produce online, partly because the regular update schedule actually makes it take LONGER to get the pages done, and I think offers a less refined product than print.

Webcomics are also, it seems, not very profitable without placing a heavy burden on the fans. Advertising would be great, but there seems to be a heavy bias against specialized genre-specific stories like ES. Advertisers don't seem to realize that, say, a video game could do just as well advertising with our geeks as with Penny Arcade's. That may change in future, but for now it's being a losing battle to bring the comic to the advertisers' attention.

Without advertising, any income ultimately comes straight out of the fan's pockets, and it just doesn't feel that great to look at a lifetime of producing comics on a primarily PBS (please buy stuff) basis. It's both amazing and moving how willing people have been to donate from sheer love of the comic, but that doesn't mean that it's entirely smart for us to plan on a lifetime of making our living that way. We've got to at least try for better solutions, both during ES and after it.

^-^'

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3