ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:31 pm 
Addict

Tiamat wrote:
Michael Poe wrote:
...after the continent was purchased from Farrel.

... Purchased!? I'm really curious, now, as to how they could do that... Floating city-disks don't strike me as rich in natural resources, and a few magic tricks hardly seems like the kind of payment a country considers for such a sizable chunk of land.

Perhaps a mage or two has discovered alchemy?

They showed them how to make magic boom-sticks? Used their powers to identify gold reefs and trillion-ton copper and iron ore bodies buried just underground in Farrel's home territories? Agreed to provide them with a pound of (alchemically produced) jewel-quality diamonds every year for a century? Without explaining how the inflation caused by the change in the diamond supply would wipe out most of their value in the first decade?

Heck, Napoleon sold Louisiana to Jefferson and the Tsar sold Alaska to Seward for pennies an acre, cash money. Probably not enough gold coin or buillion in either case to fill a bucket. It doesn't take much if the seller has no way to develop the land and the buyer has a small quantity of something truly precious.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:30 pm 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Tiamat wrote:
Michael Poe wrote:
...after the continent was purchased from Farrel.

... Purchased!? I'm really curious, now, as to how they could do that... Floating city-disks don't strike me as rich in natural resources, and a few magic tricks hardly seems like the kind of payment a country considers for such a sizable chunk of land.

Perhaps a mage or two has discovered alchemy?

Technology is itself a resource, albeit not natural. Farrel didn't design the Airships and Tsuiraki probably didn't actually build them. A floating island full of wizards has plenty to trade with that is non-material.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:21 am 
Local

Tentacle monsters are a precious commodity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:21 am 
Local

Angry chicks are hot, when they're also stupid.. then they're not.

I can symphathise with Etsuko on a small level, she's trying to help, but her methods are all wrong. And self-serving, it would seem.

To her credit though, I'd get frustrated with the brickwall o' self pity that is Meji, too.

Etsuko seems like a real double-sided knife.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:01 pm 
Local

Well, you have to wonder how good Meji was at cheering people up. This could be a normal part of their friendship, one of them getting mopey and the other shows them a good time then tells them to cheer the fuck up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:31 pm 
n00b

Strikes me Meji actually needs a good kick up the arse rather than being taken out to the pictures, maybe she'll buck up her ideas a bit afterwards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:21 pm 
Local

It is rather interesting that she doesn't even seem to have started thinking about searching for Ian and Ellis. Perhaps she really does think of Ian as dead, and thus being too depressed to look for Ellis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:54 pm 
Local

Why would she want Ellis? In her position I wouldn't give a flying fuck about Ellis.

He can go to hell, and then some.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:26 pm 
Local

Zherical wrote:
Why would she want Ellis? In her position I wouldn't give a flying fuck about Ellis.

That cat maybe be the only real (if dysfunctional) friend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:40 pm 
Addict

Datdude wrote:
Zherical wrote:

A pretty dysfunctional relationship. He spends most of his time verbally torturing her.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:13 pm 
Local

Boss Out of Town wrote:
Datdude wrote:
Zherical wrote:

A pretty dysfunctional relationship. He spends most of his time verbally torturing her.

Trust me she'll be gald to get her winged pain in the ass back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:42 pm 
Local

I wouldn't want that flying piece of crap back anywhere near me. I'd have traded his worthless hide in for a few coppers years ago.

"Remember that time I tried to sell you to a prostitution ring?" is not a moment of fond remembrence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:13 pm 
Local

She got to blow up things and people, how is that _not_ a good memory?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:18 am 
Local

Rakshasa wrote:

I see that there is a disconnect here.

My argument rests partially on not regarding Meji as a cardboard cartoon character who thinks blowing people up is a perfectly fine source of enjoyment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:05 am 
Local

Killjoy wrote:
I wouldn't want that flying piece of crap back anywhere near me. I'd have traded his worthless hide in for a few coppers years ago.

"Remember that time I tried to sell you to a prostitution ring?" is not a moment of fond remembrence.

I think, on the contrary, that Elis would be a very good thing for her:
Elis gave her the balance necessary to move forward.

It's like having a personnal trainer all your life to stay in shape, and suddenly being alone to do sport, taking care of your healthy food, etc...
In most of the case, the personne will start to eat unhelthy food, to slow sport, loosing their shape, etc...

Having Elis kicking her intellectual/moral/spiritual but was either a thing that prevented her to be whining for long, or an outlet for her rage/stress/frustration/anxiety.

She compensates the absence of Elis, by being focus on Ian for a while, but now that she don't have any distraction, she feel the emptyness let by that @#$%^&# flying cat behind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:17 am 
Addict

Killjoy wrote:
Rakshasa wrote:

I see that there is a disconnect here.

My argument rests partially on not regarding Meji as a cardboard cartoon character who thinks blowing people up is a perfectly fine source of enjoyment.

She has been shown to be capable of smashing a living human to a bloody pulp without so much as a twinge of conscience or revulsion. Since I assume that isn't a common thing at her high school or household, that might be considered . . . hmmm?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:27 am 
n00b

I know a lot of people who are capable of smashing people to pulp without a twinge of conscience.
If her school's anything like the one I went to, (and to be fair most school's have their bullies in any case,) then there are probably quite a few people capable of doing it in her school/community.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:55 pm 
Local

On the other hand, if their best friend/back up got run over by a car, they'd prolly get a bit teary eyed. Its all about how important a person is to you. Not everyone cries over random stranger that just happened to try and sell you into slavery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:51 pm 
Local

Who has Meji smashed / flamed / etc, other than the ever-healing Ellis, when it wasn't a matter of perceived self-defense?

I'm not sure where people are getting this idea of Meji as someone who really enjoys killing and maiming, such that she would view Ellis' attempt to sell her in to slavery as a great old time when she had the opportunity to blow a bunch of guys up.

I simply have no idea why anyone would keep something so worthless and vile as Ellis around for any length of time. He treats her like crap, does nothing for her, and seems determined to get her in as much trouble and pain as possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:18 pm 
Local

Killjoy wrote:
Who has Meji smashed / flamed / etc, other than the ever-healing Ellis, when it wasn't a matter of perceived self-defense?

I'm not sure where people are getting this idea of Meji as someone who really enjoys killing and maiming, such that she would view Ellis' attempt to sell her in to slavery as a great old time when she had the opportunity to blow a bunch of guys up.

I simply have no idea why anyone would keep something so worthless and vile as Ellis around for any length of time. He treats her like crap, does nothing for her, and seems determined to get her in as much trouble and pain as possible.

A dysfunctional friend for a dysfunctional girl.

Besides the guy that wanted to sell her into slavery have we seen meji attack and kill anyone?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next