ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 5:41 pm 
Green Text

Zherical wrote:
Kest wrote:
Well, we all know what Tsuiraku means.

According to dictionary.com "tsuiraku" isn't even a word.

What am I missing here..?

http://www.errantstory.com/wiki/index.php/Tsuiraku

Edit: Added quote for page change.

Last edited by Kest on Wed May 30, 2007 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 5:41 pm 
Local

According to http://www.freedict.com/onldict/onldict.php, it means falling, or crashing.

What you are missing is a japanese to englishg dictionary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:13 pm 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Kian wrote:
According to http://www.freedict.com/onldict/onldict.php, it means falling, or crashing.

What you are missing is a japanese to english dictionary.

What you are all missing is a trip to the Wiki where this is all explained by KirimaNagi, which I might add, was years ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:21 am 
Expatriate

Only one problem with that as I see it and that is Tsurakiel is based on Maltak which was taken down by collateral damage from one supposed Errant (I've alway's wondered about his claim that he was under attack considering he was (a) considered the most powerful mage alive and (b) invisibility spells do exist). If for some reason the elves really did decide Tsurikel had to be taken out they don't need to defeat the armies just send in one solo elf as a "delegate." Said elf infiltrates the area where the devices keeping it airborne are stored and activates that teleportation cube Sarine used in Saus. An elven strike force appears and opens fire even if they are taken down they could probably do enough damage to down the city and then Varakiel takes out the survivors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:36 am 
Green Text

Senko wrote:
Only one problem with that as I see it and that is Tsuirakushiti is based on Malacia which was taken down by collateral damage from one supposed Errant (I've alway's wondered about his claim that he was under attack considering he was (a) considered the most powerful mage alive and (b) invisibility spells do exist). If for some reason the elves really did decide Tsuiraku had to be taken out they don't need to defeat the armies just send in one solo elf as a "delegate." Said elf infiltrates the area where the devices keeping it airborne are stored and activates that teleportation cube Sarine used in Saus. An elven strike force appears and opens fire even if they are taken down they could probably do enough damage to down the city and then Veracia takes out the survivors.

What the hell, man. Aside from the illogic of that speculation, you could at least find out how to spell the names right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:15 am 
Local

Kest wrote:
What the hell, man. Aside from the illogic of that speculation, you could at least find out how to spell the names right.

What's illogical? Assuming the Elves for reasons of insecurity decided to clear the geopolitical field of the one power obviously overshadowing them, that's the method to try. No need to be too origional.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:40 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
normalphil wrote:
Kest wrote:

What's illogical? Assuming the Elves for reasons of insecurity decided to clear the geopolitical field of the one power obviously overshadowing them, that's the method to try. No need to be too origional.

1) Arguably, Malacia's Flight systems were only lightly guarded. It is illogical to assume Tsuirakuans making the same mistake.
2) It illogical to assume Tsuirakuans using the exact same design as the fallen city. They will have improved it some and even built in some redundancy.
3) You have to get through the entire continent of Tsuiraku before you can get to Tsuirakushiti. That's a whole continent full of mages.
4) And the minor detail of Tsuirakuans being paranoid enough to have disappeared for 1,800 years, presumably due to their great fondness for elven society (sic).

No, it is illogical for that to be the easy path you think it is. After 2,000 years, all critical systems will be warded, shielded, and guarded to a fare-thee-well, if for no other reason than to protect against home-grown whackos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:58 am 
Local

Slamlander wrote:
normalphil wrote:
Kest wrote:

1) Arguably, Malacia's Flight systems were only lightly guarded. It is illogical to assume Tsuirakuans making the same mistake.
2) It illogical to assume Tsuirakuans using the exact same design as the fallen city. They will have improved it some and even built in some redundancy.
3) You have to get through the entire continent of Tsuiraku before you can get to Tsuirakushiti. That's a whole continent full of mages.
4) And the minor detail of Tsuirakuans being paranoid enough to have disappeared for 1,800 years, presumably due to their great fondness for elven society (sic).

No, it is illogical for that to be the easy path you think it is. After 2,000 years, all critical systems will be warded, shielded, and guarded to a fare-thee-well, if for no other reason than to protect against home-grown whackos.

Who said easy? This is 'nuke the Aswan High Dam' level.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:05 am 
Addict

Elves don't have the fire power but I suspect that Tsuiraku does.

Elven technology doesn't lend itself to weapons of mass destruction. That's what humans bring to the party.

Also, that doesn't eliminate Tsuiraku from the equation. There is also Kiyoka, not to mention all the no-account towns, settlements, and odd-ball villages scattered throughout Tsuiraku that have been building up for 200 years.

Tsuiraku is more than just Tsuirakushiti. There'll be enough left to take a huge bite out of foolish elven ass.

Last edited by Slamlander on Thu May 31, 2007 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:24 am 
Local

The guy that destroyed the former city was known as the strongest mage of their time, if not ever. And the city was not yet complete iirc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:46 am 
Local

No, Malacia was complete. At least there is no evidence to the contrary. But Tsuiraku disappeared when it wasn't finished yet.

DEATH: HE IS AN OLD FRIEND. YOU MIGHT SAY HE IS ON THE INSTALMENT PLAN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:29 pm 
Addict

pillaroforder wrote:
No, Malacia was complete. At least there is no evidence to the contrary. But Tsuiraku disappeared when it wasn't finished yet.

Actually, just after the first construction stage was finished. However, while they were hiding for 1800 years, Tsuiraku has been completed.

BTW, go to the wiki and see recent edits.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:50 pm 
Expatriate

I always got the impression that it was just one city not an entire country hence the reason why Meiji's frend was so shocked to see she lived in a real house. As for the names I'm bad at them so I'll continue to mispell them.

It was speculated that guy was the most powerful mage alive but that's why I suggested an elven strike force not just one person. And your assuming they've improved things when there's no real evidence for that. It could just as easily been that the machines are getting close to failing on their own for all we know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:36 pm 
Green Text

I seems to be similar to a city-state with a few smaller cities on land, and embassies within other nations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:04 am 
Addict

Senko wrote:
I always got the impression that it was just one city not an entire country hence the reason why Meiji's frend was so shocked to see she lived in a real house. As for the names I'm bad at them so I'll continue to mispell them.

That was Bani and you really ought to read the Wiki. We make it easy to even cut-and-paste the names.

Senko wrote:
It was speculated that guy was the most powerful mage alive but that's why I suggested an elven strike force not just one person. And your assuming they've improved things when there's no real evidence for that.

1) Tsuirakushiti was barely started when it disappeared. In the intervening 1800 years, it's grown to a full-sized city. There has to be at least a teensy bit of growth for that to happen.
2) They were big, bad, and mean enough to fight Veracia to a stand-still and Veracia was the world power at the time.
3) Elven powers are in stagnant decline, Tsuirakuan powers are growing.

Senko wrote:
It could just as easily been that the machines are getting close to failing on their own for all we know.

No it cannot and there is absolutely the opposite evidence for that. Besides which, they are magical devices and not just machines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:22 am 
Tourist

Quote:
But Tsuiraku disappeared when it wasn't finished yet.
...Actually, just after the first construction stage was finished
actually there were three previous Tsuirakus that were blown up or otherwise sabotaged in various ways. It was the 4th one that disappeared...

...which explains why the budget for the 5th was much smaller. And they had to go through a whole long list of people before they finally got to someone for mayor that the elves could agree to.

... ducking now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:28 am 
Addict

wrog the bullshitter wrote:
Quote:
actually there were three previous Tsuirakus that were blown up or otherwise sabotaged in various ways. It was the 4th one that disappeared...

...which explains why the budget for the 5th was much smaller. And they had to go through a whole long list of people before they finally got to someone for mayor that the elves could agree to.

... ducking now.

*swats annoying insect*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:33 am 
Local

So... the fourth one stayed up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:38 am 
Green Text

Yes. It's the strongest in these here isles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:01 am 
Local

wrog wrote:
Quote:

... ducking now.

Ah, B5, right?

Oh, yeah, launching missiless NOW. *WHOOOOSH*

DEATH: HE IS AN OLD FRIEND. YOU MIGHT SAY HE IS ON THE INSTALMENT PLAN.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3