ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:43 am 
Local

Maybe I just have no imagination.

I see a bunch of people in long robes with long hair. Seems like elves to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:46 am 
Local

bellofthedamned wrote:
Ur in muh posts, stealin' my phrases :cry:

I vote elves, lots of elves. They've come to claim Meji since Sarine blabbed all about the half-elves visiting the dead goddess.

I celebrate you as a goddess amongst phrase-makers, oh noble bellofthedamned.

I'm confused, the bunch of people around the outside seem to be human - that guy in the first panel has roundy not pointy ears, although I've not got my elf-identification badge yet. Who knows who the incomers are.

I vote for a bunch of scary mother-fuckers about to try and un-do something but who fuck it up into the bargain.

Last edited by ri[[3r on Wed May 30, 2007 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:59 am 
Local

Why don't we all wait and see? It looks like it's another human-controlled warp gate, but not the one we see Meji use waaaay back when.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 5:04 am 
Local

I get bragging rights if my prediction (from an earlier thread) comes true.

It's increasingly likely :-3

@slam

'oh, i see what you did there' ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 5:17 am 
Local

They're Jon, Sarine and Sara. Jon's vest and ponytail (and his variable length hair) are the most obvious. He is center. They're all facing away, and the three of them are at the back of the 'flight'.

To his right is Sarine. You don't see her hair because her new coat has a hood. The color is a little too bright for her coat, but that could be the lighting. Either that, or some other very tall person was near Jon at the time.

And then again to her right, there's Sara. Her robes are black, so they don't get lighter, but the purple of the shoulder highlights and the sash do, which supports that Sarine's coat would appear sol ight as well. The height and hair match also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 5:32 am 
n00b

Speculations aside, these are the kind of situations I like about webcomics over book-comics. You can revisit the same place far back in the archives and practically see the art improve drastically, in this case if you compare today's second panel to the first panel of http://www.errantstory.com/archive.php?date=2003-01-22

It's moments like these one realizes... Mr. Poe, you have come a long way. And I hope you'll keep going :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 5:36 am 
Green Text

Kian wrote:
They're Jon, Sarine and Sara. Jon's vest and ponytail (and his variable length hair) are the most obvious. He is center. They're all facing away, and the three of them are at the back of the 'flight'.

Yeah, now that you mention it, I see it. That vest is fairly distinctive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:07 am 
Local

The arival of Team Assassin All-Stars, to be shortly followed by Team Elven Death-Squad. When this is over, they're going to make what happenned to Saus look like a civic beautification project.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:29 am 
Local

I'm guessing it is the long lost father coming to visit his daughter. Not like that wouldn't have come up during Sarine's conversation with him, which I assume she did have as she checked up on him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:48 am 
Expatriate

i don't know, does it make sense for sarine and jon to have journeyed to meji's home? i mean all they know is that she and ian disafuckingpeared heading north somewhere. wouldn't they be dogging down sightings of them?

on the other hand they are really short to be elves and for the most part the they don't seem the type to disguise themselves well. the rangers do but the rest really don't care about being discreet.

maybe the church or the monks are up in arms? torched cities and botched jobs usually serve as strong catalysts and tsuiraku supposed to be a important player in the world.

oh and what were the running odds that the devil girl be directly responsible for that floating island/ lunar ripoff slamming into the ground?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:04 am 
Local

runic wrote:
oh and what were the running odds that the devil girl be directly responsible for that floating island/ lunar ripoff slamming into the ground?

Ironic.. I was checking the archives before I had a shower.. I come back, to see this ^^

Chapter 2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:23 am 
Local

runic wrote:
i don't know, does it make sense for sarine and jon to have journeyed to meji's home? i mean all they know is that she and ian disafuckingpeared heading north somewhere. wouldn't they be dogging down sightings of them?

on the other hand they are really short to be elves and for the most part the they don't seem the type to disguise themselves well. the rangers do but the rest really don't care about being discreet.

maybe the church or the monks are up in arms? torched cities and botched jobs usually serve as strong catalysts and tsuiraku supposed to be a important player in the world.

They're just making what they think is a quick stop to unload Ellis with Meji's family, since the bugger cannot be left to his own devices, so they don't expect to find Meji at home. I should think...

DEATH: HE IS AN OLD FRIEND. YOU MIGHT SAY HE IS ON THE INSTALMENT PLAN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:03 am 
Local

Maybe we are all right? Maybe it's elves and the other half of the God Squad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:28 am 
Addict

I'll go with Jon, Sarine, and Sara, she being the short one with the square head on the right. The real problem is that the creepie chick from The Grudge is in the middle, so the population of Tsairaku could be dropping precipitously very soon.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:45 am 
Local

normalphil wrote:
The arival of Team Assassin All-Stars, to be shortly followed by Team Elven Death-Squad. When this is over, they're going to make what happenned to Saus look like a civic beautification project.

Come on you Assassins!!!! A-ssas-sins, a-ssas-sins, assas-sins .... Leah & Riley in cheerleaders outfits. Yah!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:08 am 
Expatriate

ri[[3r wrote:
Killjoy wrote:
4) The people appearing number at least 8, based on counting heads.

oh ... you ... you literalist :-D

Or 10, if you count robes. Counting clockwise from the stairs, the 5th pillar almost obscures the robe of the person behind it. Pillar 7 doesn't obscure as much, but you can't see that person's head, either.

I wonder if the technology dictates the 11 pillars, with each traveller positioned between two pillars? Or do travel platforms come in different sizes, depending on needed capacity?

Maybe the number of pillars needs to be prime. Or maybe the circle needs that gap where the stairs are, and the number of missing pillars and the number of actual pillare must be coprimes. And maybe you could put more people between each pair of pillars, but you have to have the same number at each spot, so this platform can only transport a multiple of 10 people.

Anyone know where to find the equations for one of these platforms?

-- In the name of meaningless forum discussion --

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:21 pm 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
runic wrote:

Actually, it does. They have to pick up the trail somewhere that that's the logical place to start. They know that Meji has to return home sometime and that she has a project to finish. No, they're not about to turn over Ellis until they are sure that there is no way he can lead them to Meji.

runic wrote:

The monks are up in arms okay, but not towards Tsuiraku.

runic wrote:

Zip! Meji had nothing to do with the earlier crash of a floating city. It was a few centuries before her time. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:38 pm 
Local

I think he meant the current floating city...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:57 pm 
Green Text

Well, we all know what Tsuiraku means.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 5:22 pm 
Local

Kest wrote:
Well, we all know what Tsuiraku means.

According to dictionary.com "tsuiraku" isn't even a word.

What am I missing here..?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next