ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:56 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Killjoy wrote:
illukar wrote:
It sounded to me more like Jon was trying to piece together what few words of the local language he knew, rather than speaking his own language in an odd way. [After all, both languages are being translated into English for us.]

I didn't see anything to indicate that. All I saw was Jon trying (poorly) to play "dumb foreigner who doesn't speak the language".

I see that too, now, and if Jon is willing to play that then he has a lot more self-discipline than most. I couldn't, that's for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:22 pm 
Local

Slamlander wrote:
Zherical wrote:
Why I felt compelled to search for 3 hours through the archives looking for this (and one other page I'm YET to find.. *sigh*) I don't know.

http://www.errantstory.com/archive.php?date=2003-08-27

Pretty sure someone mentioned this earlier in the thread.. was it me?

It does have bearing on some of the current discussion, vis-a-vis creation myths. In particular Tsuirakuan culture, which appears to be quite secular and at odds with the Elven Religion. Antithetical, in fact, to the point of ignoring Dwarves and claiming a pre-elfen human civilization, rather than accepting Elven doctrine regarding dwarves. Yes, they had to know about dwarves from the elves.

I'm not sure I'd call it "doctrine". There may very well be an Elf or two puttering around who have personally met Dwarves.

By the way, do we know that there are no other half-elves in Tsuiraku? There probably aren't too many Meji's age (or else her grandfather would have a more precise idea of how quickly she should be progressing at school), but there could be some who are a bit older.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:31 pm 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
BloodHenge wrote:
Slamlander wrote:
Zherical wrote:
Why I felt compelled to search for 3 hours through the archives looking for this (and one other page I'm YET to find.. *sigh*) I don't know.

It does have bearing on some of the current discussion, vis-a-vis creation myths. In particular Tsuirakuan culture, which appears to be quite secular and at odds with the Elven Religion. Antithetical, in fact, to the point of ignoring Dwarves and claiming a pre-elfen human civilization, rather than accepting Elven doctrine regarding dwarves. Yes, they had to know about dwarves from the elves.

I'm not sure I'd call it "doctrine". There may very well be an Elf or two puttering around who have personally met Dwarves.

By the way, do we know that there are no other half-elves in Tsuiraku? There probably aren't too many Meji's age (or else her grandfather would have a more precise idea of how quickly she should be progressing at school), but there could be some who are a bit older.

Have no clue dude. As far as I know, none have been revealed yet, story or otherwise. I was under the impression that Meji is the only half-elf in town. Others would have been mentioned, I think. Then again, they could be staying low. The other alternative is that all half-elves, except Meji have been completely assimilated and all Tsuirakuans have a bit of elven blood in them, albeit with 100% human features.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:15 pm 
Local

Slamlander wrote:
BloodHenge wrote:
Slamlander wrote:
Zherical wrote:

Have no clue dude. As far as I know, none have been revealed yet, story or otherwise. I was under the impression that Meji is the only half-elf in town. Others would have been mentioned, I think. Then again, they could be staying low. The other alternative is that all half-elves, except Meji have been completely assimilated and all Tsuirakuans have a bit of elven blood in them, albeit with 100% human features.

And wouldn't the hard-core anti-half-elf faction of the elves just crap their pants at the moment of that realization?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:31 pm 
Local

Well, the elves sure did succeed in their mission of improving mankind, huh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:46 pm 
Addict

Killjoy wrote:
And wouldn't the hard-core anti-half-elf faction of the elves just crap their pants at the moment of that realization?

Hopefully they would give up on their bumfucked quest of killing all the half-elves off. I can't really think of anyone who has succeded in killing off a population that well spread out, even with 2000 years worth of roaming elven death-squads.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4