ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:42 am 
Native

Zherical, Labrat can summon himself, so what good is being cautious going to do anyway?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:50 am 
Expatriate

Personally I thought Meji's dad was off at work since its presumably in the middle of the working day and he is fairly high up afterall its only been a few months I doubt he died or kicked them out since Ellis knew where to lead Jon. I do wonder if Jon's going to find out Meji's back in town now though. Also I'm pretty sure Meji's mom bought her Ellis since she comments that her mom thought the phalic symbology of the mini-unicorn was improper for a small girl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:56 am 
Expatriate

Kest wrote:
Forrest wrote:
So is "Nanoa" Meji's mom's name, their maid's name, or is that some kind of doorbell music?

Why would she be calling her own name? Nanoa is obviously another woman within the house - specifically, the one Meji's mother is complaining about in panel two.

And yes, that is also a doorbell. Context, man!

Nanoa is definitly a maid. "Damn that woman... I have to convice Ms. Kenichi to leave my dad's house and come work here." can't refer to Meji now can it? :-D

- IETF will send the Internet Police on you if you send chain letters!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:03 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Senko wrote:
Personally I thought Meji's dad was off at work since its presumably in the middle of the working day and he is fairly high up afterall its only been a few months I doubt he died or kicked them out since Ellis knew where to lead Jon. I do wonder if Jon's going to find out Meji's back in town now though. Also I'm pretty sure Meji's mom bought her Ellis since she comments that her mom thought the phalic symbology of the mini-unicorn was improper for a small girl.

[*cringe*] :-o :roll:

Man, do read the wiki and get up to speed. :-3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:25 am 
Local

Senko wrote:
Personally I thought Meji's dad was AN ELF since its presumably obvious thanks to Meji having been called a half elf like 1 million times since the beginning of the storyand he is fairly high up afterall its only been a few months I doubt he has seen Meji's mum in nearly 20 years, on account of thats how long the intervals between the elven dignitary vists aresince Ellis knew where to lead Jon. I do wonder if Jon's going to find out Meji's back in town now though. Also I'm pretty sure Meji's mom bought her Ellis since she comments that her mom thought the phalic symbology of the mini-unicorn was improper for a small girl.

I give up with the correcting.

Do you even read some of the shit that you type?

For starters, Meji's dad is an elf, which is something you'd know if you had read the first chapter.

Here is a link to the exact stuff I'm talking about

man, I don't know why, but it's just SO aggravating. Not so much that you're wrong, rather that you're consistantly wrong, and make no effort on your own part to correct that.

I have a friend with that same attitude, and he's been chronically unemployed for 2 years. To have potential and be wasting it.. it's fucking criminal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:41 am 
Local

In any case, I wonder if Jon could hear her shouting Meji over and over. That is, of course, assuming she even knows Meji was gone or has come back.

She reminds me of a spoiled rich girl in this page.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:42 am 
Local

Well, as aggravating as Senko's mistakes are, one might want to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume instead of dad he meant granddad. True, the rest of the post is still all kinds of wrong, since Meji's mom specifically states that she isn't living with her [Meji's mom's] father anymore, but at least it buffers my mind and thus my sanity from trying to understand what the hell Senko thinks Errant Story is about.

Reading a synopsis of the story by him would probably shatter my mind, is all I'm saying.

Anyway, Meji's mom should have just given Jon the knowlodge that Meji is back in Tsuiraku, if he didn't already know. After all, if a strange man arrives carrying your daughter's familiar, and you don't know where your daughter is, you'd make more of a scene, even if you were a neglectful mother.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:54 am 
Local

Senko wrote:
Personally I thought Meji's dad was off at work since its presumably in the middle of the working day and he is fairly high up afterall its only been a few months I doubt he died or kicked them out since Ellis knew where to lead Jon.

When did you start reading? A month ago?

If so, have you read the archives?

If you've read from the beginning or have read the archive, do you have a memory disability?

What is wrong here, that you keep getting basic facts so wrong?

Meji was fathered by the elven ambasador to Tsuiraku during his last visit almost 20 years ago. She's never met her father. It was a major point of the story that was much discussed by the characters back at the begining of the comic.

As for whether her mother still lives with her grandfather, it seems here that her mother (and that appears to be who she is) is talking about getting a servent to move from her father's (Meji's grandfather's) house to her house, and work there, which implies that they do not live in the same house, doesn't it?

Last edited by Killjoy on Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:57 am 
Local

Nanoa is definately some kind of servent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:30 am 
Addict

Good job on Poe's part, making Meji's mom look attactive and skanky at the same time.

In a society with servants, answering your own door is a sign that you no longer belong to the upper classes. Looks like someone got the boot from Gramps.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:38 am 
Addict

I know he's the comic relief, but I have to say it again: why is Ellis still alive and living with these people? Are they all masochists? Someone should have embedded him in a bucket of concrete and tossed his sorry ass into a river years ago.

A working theory: Ellis is secretly the deranged remnant avatar of one of the Elvish gods, gradually nudging the humanoids around him towards locating Anilis so he can be revived. The fact that Ellis has a similar personality and vocabulary to the Pedos is the best clue. In addition, his having limited divine powers exclaims the coincidences that Impy makes fun of in the puppet show at the beginning of volume two of ES. (Order your copy now if you haven't seen it!)

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:39 am 
Addict

I know he's the comic relief, but I have to say it again: why is Ellis still alive and living with these people? Are they all masochists? Someone should have embedded him in a bucket of concrete and tossed his sorry ass into a river years ago.

A working theory: Ellis is secretly the deranged remnant avatar of one of the Elvish gods, gradually nudging the humanoids around him towards locating Anilis so he can be revived. The fact that Ellis has a similar personality and vocabulary to the Pedos is the best clue. In addition, his having limited divine powers exclaims the coincidences that Impy makes fun of in the puppet show at the beginning of volume two of ES. (Order your copy now if you haven't seen it!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:45 am 
Local

Well well so thats Meji's mom. Looks a bit diffrent from the wiki. Kodos to poe for the more fitting look.

As for the why they put up with ellis. Do him an Meji have some kind of D&D like magic binding them so getting rid of him would hurt her maybe?

That or Meji just has a soft spot for him for some reason.

Edit maybe Ellis is like one of those but graphing calculators you need for math classes in high school. Her school could have required her to buy one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:08 am 
Local

Boss Out of Town wrote:

Ellis has a keen survival instinct and capable of sustaining a great deal of damage. No need to come up with elaborate theories to explain that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:24 am 
Tourist

Pf, he's alive because Meji likes him. He says what she's thinking anyway, she lightning-bolts him and thence feels better about having thought it in the first place, everyone's happy and/or smoking from repeated magical fryings.

The real question is why Ellis continues to put up with Meji... I suspect the answer's just that he's a masochist- possibly designed to be that way- or designed to grow in order to accomidate his mistress's (in this case) sadistic tendencies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:34 am 
Local

Neko7 wrote:
Am I the only one who had the impression that without Ellis, Jon would had been "well used" by meji mom?

Ellis mentioned that it was a possibility. Jon, as I recall, planned to decline.

bellofthedamned wrote:

I think she is. (Does she have a job?...)

Killjoy wrote:
Senko wrote:
Personally I thought Meji's dad was off at work since its presumably in the middle of the working day and he is fairly high up afterall its only been a few months I doubt he died or kicked them out since Ellis knew where to lead Jon.

If you've read from the beginning or have read the archive, do you have a memory disability?

Meji was fathered by the elven ambasador to Tsuiraku during his last visit almost 20 years ago. She's never met her father. It was a major point of the story that was much discussed by the characters back at the begining of the comic.

Well, to be fair, Meji's father probably is at work, being an ambassador is a fairly high political office IRL, and he probably isn't dead yet. So really, only his facts are wrong. His conclusions are all fairly well-supported.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:20 pm 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
BloodHenge wrote:
Neko7 wrote:
Am I the only one who had the impression that without Ellis, Jon would had been "well used" by meji mom?

Ellis mentioned that it was a possibility. Jon, as I recall, planned to decline.

bellofthedamned wrote:

Killjoy wrote:
Senko wrote:

Well, to be fair, Meji's father probably is at work, being an ambassador is a fairly high political office IRL, and he probably isn't dead yet. So really, only his facts are wrong. His conclusions are all fairly well-supported.

Getting the right answers (they're not), the wrong way 'round. Is pure luck. ... still a lazy gonif!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:39 pm 
Local

BloodHenge wrote:
bellofthedamned wrote:

She could probably get work as a seamstress pretty easily.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:39 pm 
Local

Boss Out of Town wrote:

I keep wondering the same thing.

He tried to sell Meji into child prostitution -- and somehow that's a comic moment according to some of our posters?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:41 pm 
Local

Forrest wrote:
BloodHenge wrote:
bellofthedamned wrote:

She could probably get work as a seamstress pretty easily.

Um...how do you figure?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next