ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:03 am 
Local

sumdumguy wrote:
Senko wrote:
Or it could just be that the servent is off shoping for the week's groceries/hanging out the laundry and Meji's mom is just miffed that she has to answer the door for once. We don't really know although I find it hard to believe granddad would deilberately hire the worst servent around as it would reflect on him somewhat.

Yes, that's correct, we don't really know. For all the textual evidence we have, Meji's mum could be totally schizoprhenic, and "Nanoa" is the name she gives the voice that fills the delusional role of servant (and that tells her to start fires). Mum is not so much miffed that she has to open the door herself as she is about the complete lack of respect the doorknob shows her when she reaches out to grasp it (a gentleman rises to great a lady, naturally).

I'd like to recommend a product to you, of great use in situations like this.

Occam's Razor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:11 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Killjoy wrote:
sumdumguy wrote:
Senko wrote:
Or it could just be that the servent is off shoping for the week's groceries/hanging out the laundry and Meji's mom is just miffed that she has to answer the door for once. We don't really know although I find it hard to believe granddad would deilberately hire the worst servent around as it would reflect on him somewhat.

Yes, that's correct, we don't really know. For all the textual evidence we have, Meji's mum could be totally schizoprhenic, and "Nanoa" is the name she gives the voice that fills the delusional role of servant (and that tells her to start fires). Mum is not so much miffed that she has to open the door herself as she is about the complete lack of respect the doorknob shows her when she reaches out to grasp it (a gentleman rises to great a lady, naturally).

Occam's Razor.

I'll even give him a special deal, 40% off and easy terms fr six months. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:12 am 
Local

Killjoy wrote:
sumdumguy wrote:
Senko wrote:

Occam's Razor.

Since we're handing out useful items; I'd like to present to you the infamous Sarcasm Detector[TM].

Also, McWrinkley-Hag does sound like she's been through this before, which is a sign of a rather poor servant (and master). If the grandfather had cared, she would have had a better servant, or two if necessary. So the most obvious reason is that he doesn't care.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:36 am 
Native

Killjoy wrote:
Mehrunes' Razor.

Fixed.

Dawn is breaking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:30 am 
Native

Yorik wrote:
Killjoy wrote:
Mehrunes' Razor.

Fixed.

Dawn is breaking.

I fail to see how poking story logic with a wimpy dagger that costs three bucks and has a whole 1 in infinity squared +1 chance chance of killing low level, non important creatures will do much good when you could have just used the tool set to make your own super doom plot buster spell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:10 pm 
Local

I don't know what kind of illness you suffer from, but it does seem to be in the process of feeding on parts of your brain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:38 pm 
Native

Michael Poe wrote:
Yorik wrote:
Killjoy wrote:
Mehrunes' Razor.

Fixed.

Dawn is breaking.

I fail to see how poking story logic with a wimpy dagger that costs three bucks and has a whole 1 in infinity squared +1 chance chance of killing low level, non important creatures will do much good when you could have just used the tool set to make your own super doom plot buster spell.

Because it looks like an epic level box cutter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:12 pm 
Expatriate

I was just saying we know roughly the kind of person Meji's mom is and I've seen people who throw a fit if you mess up once regardless of previous history.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5