ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: A temporary leave of absence...
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:40 pm 
Addict

As some of you know, my Grandmother has been ailing for a couple of years now. This morning, she passed away relatively peacefully in her Chicago apartment, having had visits with each of the immediate family members individually for at least a little while over the past month or so. She will be greatly missed.

I am unsure of what my schedule will be for the next few weeks, but I am fairly certain that I will have little time to spend here on the forums until everything can be taken care of. We will also likely miss at least one comic update some time next week. I will still spend what time I can keeping up on the neverending to-do list of improvement projects slated for this summer, but progress will be slower than I had anticipated, as will shipping from the store. Please be good while I'm gone, and hopefully I'll be back soon.

Much Love,
Hilary (Impy)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:29 am 
Addict

Sorry to hear about your Grammy-Grams. I know what it's like to have a grandparent dying slowly and getting to the point of wishing for Death to come soon so as to relieve them of the pain. My Gramps had Emphysema along with a growing aneurysm on the outside of his stomach. It got beyond the point of surgery and finally it ruptured, resulting him him bleeding to death from within. It wasn't a painless death like we all hoped (including him) and it still haunts my mother since she was with him at his home when it burst.

The only thing I can say is be glad she passed away with family & at peace. Best of luck to you and her family.

Sifu of Corpse Child

Caecus fides est hostilis veritatis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:43 am 
Addict

*hugs from Canada* :'(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:18 am 
Local

Im sorry Impy. Having been their I know how ya feel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:12 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Been there.
Wish you the best.
Mucho sympatico.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:56 am 
Local

We're very sorry, Hilary. Do what needs to be done, take care of your loved ones and don't be in a hurry about it, we'll muddle through :roll: here.

E-hugs from New Mexico.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:30 am 
&lt;Insert Witty Custom Title Here&gt;

It always sucks when grandparents die... I lost my grandfather last year, just before christmas.

Sorry for your loss. Make sure to have a nice and long cry, it helps ease the pain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:11 pm 
Local

Condolences.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:14 pm 
Addict

Our thoughts are with you and your loved ones.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]