ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: 06-15-2007 Hey! Scarey Little Devil Girl!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:34 am 
Expatriate

I wonder when the ambient jealousy will rise between Meji and Sara over their 'Big Brother' figure...

Oh please let it be soonish!

Sometime before Meji's pappy comes to town.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:18 am 
Local

Hey, Ellis is sleeping on the job. Why is he calling bullshit about the joke, and not about the fact Jon had no idea she'd be there? "I have my ways" indeed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:25 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Actually, I'm still trying to figure out where the elf bitch told that joke he stole. I simply don't remember it :-(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:59 am 
Addict

Slamlander wrote:
Actually, I'm still trying to figure out where the elf bitch told that joke he stole. I simply don't remember it :-(

"I have a replacement Amraphel . . .?"

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject: Re: 06-15-2007 Hey! Scarey Little Devil Girl!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:45 am 
Local

KurtDunn wrote:
I wonder when the ambient jealousy will rise between Meji and Sara over their 'Big Brother' figure...

Oh please let it be soonish!

Sometime before Meji's pappy comes to town.

Ooooooh, yeeeeaaaaah!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:00 am 
Local

That's one of those things that might have happened 'off camera', so to speak. We don't actually get to see every interaction in the group.

It doesn't much sound like a joke Sarine would say, and I don't recall Sarine ever referring to Meji as Scary little devil girl, but she might have remarked at some point about how Sara was a Meji replacement or stand in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:12 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Kian wrote:
Hey, Ellis is sleeping on the job. Why is he calling bullshit about the joke, and not about the fact Jon had no idea she'd be there? "I have my ways" indeed.

Possibly because repeated application of the ball-gag is actually working? Even the most obstinate of creatures eventually makes some concession to aversion training techniques, even if they aren't aware of it. That Ellis sized ball-gag definitely wasn't comfortable and Jon used it quite liberally. It was much more long-term than getting repeatedly zapped by Meji. Neither would I be surprised if Jon had used him for target practice a few times.

Ergo, he's careful about how much shit he gives Jon. Meji'll only zap him, Jon will make him wear a ball-gag for a week and then use him for target practice. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:40 am 
Local

No... Even Ellis needs to recover from being thrown into the wall by the force of magic, thus missing some opportunities to being sarcastic. And the comment is likely an adaptation of a joke by Sarine.

The way Ms. McWrinkley-Hag looks at the two, and the way she closes her fist, looks like she's... err... worried or jealous?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:00 am 
Ignore Me

Personally, I'm hopin' for a little Meji/Sara lovin'.

Edit: No, seriously, the artwork was excellent, and the humor was very humorous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:25 am 
Local

I like Meji's new look a lot!

I don't think there will be jealousies arising between Meji and Sara, simply because Sara could probably rip Meji apart and as soon as Meji knows that, she's not likely to say an unkind word.

For all her magic, Meji is still a kid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:22 am 
Expatriate

Inclinations towards jealous feelings are less dependent on 'Can/Will my competition kill me' and more on 'Why arn't I getting the attention!' when in a civil setting.

Sure, Sara is a stone-cold killer, but she kills for good reasons (IE: Orders).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:01 am 
Local

I'm betting on both being jealous of each other. Meji had opened up quite a bit to Jon before Ian took her and might feel Sara, being his sister, might take that away. On the other hand, Sara might feel jealous that Jon went to so much trouble to find Meji. Considering their personalities, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Meji the one that showed it more, cuddling up to Jon and acting extra cutesy (which she can do, when it suits her purposes) to assert her position/get a rise out of Sara.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:17 am 
Ignore Me

Kian makes a good point, but the question I'm asking is: Does Sara really give a crap?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:17 am 
Local

Hmm... Say... Did they ever tell Sara exactly _why_ they were looking for Meji? I can imagine that story would require some prodding to get told, and Sara doesn't seem like the type to do any prodding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:18 pm 
Native

PsionicsNOTMagic wrote:
Personally, I'm hopin' for a little Meji/Sara lovin'.

Indeed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:24 pm 
Addict

PsionicsNOTMagic wrote:
Kian makes a good point, but the question I'm asking is: Does Sara really give a crap?

Indeed . . . we are still relatively clueless about her reaction to her new situation.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:56 pm 
n00b

ive been lurking for a HUGE while now.. but this comic did it for me

ont he last pannel meji looks SO MUCH like my girlfriend that it scared the shit out of me :S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:56 pm 
n00b

ive been lurking for a HUGE while now.. but this comic did it for me

ont he last pannel meji looks SO MUCH like my girlfriend (from the haircut to the clothing) that it scared the shit out of me :S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:02 pm 
Addict

Boss Out of Town wrote:
PsionicsNOTMagic wrote:

Indeed . . . we are still relatively clueless about her reaction to her new situation.

Did we ever decide on a view point about how Sarine reigned Sara in before she could kill those guys at the travel gate? Because that might help in some clues about how she is taking this, maybe looking to Sarine as a mother figure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:50 pm 
Addict

Rakshasa wrote:
No... Even Ellis needs to recover from being thrown into the wall by the force of magic, thus missing some opportunities to being sarcastic. And the comment is likely an adaptation of a joke by Sarine.

The way Ms. McWrinkley-Hag looks at the two, and the way she closes her fist, looks like she's... err... worried or jealous?

Considering the concern she felt about Meji leaving on her field trip, worry is not high on the probability list. At least, not about Meji. How this makes her look to the neighbors, however ....

Jealous? Nah, I don't think that either.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next