ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:39 pm 
Local

That, and labrat's comments are why you should never be playing with your _thing_ while reading the ES forums... Too easy to ruin keyboards and/or get PTSD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:30 am 
Local

I got the impression that it was a food-related incident. Still, a lesson for us all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:54 am 
Addict

Graybeard wrote:
I don't think "enjoy" is part of Sara's vocabulary at the moment. However, in the windmill sequence, she didn't seem to feel any distress at whacking the Gewehr guys. It was just one of those things that you do. Get up in the morning, take a shower, brush your teeth, eviscerate half a dozen men. What's to dislike about it? At least if you're Sara.

She probably didn't like getting smacked in the chops by Warrel afterward, and that's about the only place where like/don't like entered into it at all.

Kudos, this is the most incisive description of Sara's personality to date. Consider Hector in the Illiad, laughing with his baby son between bouts of impaling and gutting Greeks outside the walls Troy.

The few personal scenes we have had with Sara suggest that she still retains much of her original personality hidden behind that hard mask of obedience. We might learn more if someone manages to gag Ellis for a few minutes.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:18 pm 
Local

Boss Out of Town wrote:
Kudos, this is the most incisive description of Sara's personality to date. Consider Hector in the Illiad, laughing with his baby son between bouts of impaling and gutting Greeks outside the walls Troy.

I really teared up at that point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:12 pm 
Addict

I think this page shows the her personality the best so far.

http://www.errantstory.com/archive.php?date=2005-06-27

On the next page she mentions working in the nursery is 'punishment' I wonder how often she gets that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:48 pm 
Expatriate

BloodHenge wrote:
I got the impression that it was a food-related incident. Still, a lesson for us all.

Correct. Mountain Dew, to be precise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:32 pm 
Ignore Me

She doesn't seem to mind, though.

I think the working in the nursery is more just the fact that you have 50+ screaming babies that won't be quiet. No amount of time magic can fix that.

Also, the guy's job to become a full monk is going to be to kill Sara. Y'all know that, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:38 pm 
Addict

Actualy PnM I was trying to mention how she seems to like doing that, and if she purposefully gets in trouble or makes mistakes so she can do that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:05 pm 
Addict

Tiamat wrote:
BloodHenge wrote:

Correct. Mountain Dew, to be precise.

:sweatdrop: Thank gawd for that, at least.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:16 pm 
Addict

Kaz*CheesyDoritoBomb* wrote:
Actualy PnM I was trying to mention how she seems to like doing that, and if she purposefully gets in trouble or makes mistakes so she can do that.

I got the same impression.

Sara got drafted into the Ensirgim at the age of 11, IIRC, and has been with them for 7 years. While it probably beats being sold into a brothel or a sweatshop, she was old enough at the time of her mother's death to have been working every day, whether in her own home or outside it. Of course, she would have continued to perform household and nursery duty for the monks after joining.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:41 pm 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Boss Out of Town wrote:
Sara got drafted into the Ensirgim at the age of 11, IIRC, and has been with them for 7 years.

Sudden reaization: Sara and Meji are the same age.

[*Okay, okay, sometimes, I'm a little slow. :roll: *]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:44 pm 
Local

PsionicsNOTMagic wrote:
Also, the guy's job to become a full monk is going to be to kill Sara. Y'all know that, right?

If so, he's boned, considering who all has Sara's back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:37 am 
Local

Boner, Sara's back... Wait, he's supposed to kill her, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:25 am 
Local

Rakshasa wrote:
Boner, Sara's back... Wait, he's supposed to kill her, right?

Not what I meant, but I like where this is going.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:33 am 
Local

Boss Out of Town wrote:
Sara got drafted into the Ensirgim at the age of 11, IIRC, and has been with them for 7 years. While it probably beats being sold into a brothel or a sweatshop, she was old enough at the time of her mother's death to have been working every day, whether in her own home or outside it. Of course, she would have continued to perform household and nursery duty for the monks after joining.

If you can find the reference for that, please add it to the wiki; Sara's page is "unprotected" as of today. I haven't been able to find a reference, although somehow it also sticks in my mind that there has been one. In the Forum? In the strip? I don't know. It is known that she has been with them for 7 years, it's the joining-at-11 part that I can't find.

Incidentally, that would leave Sara one year older than Meji, rather than exactly her age.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:05 am 
Local

pillaroforder wrote:
ri[[3r wrote:
People keep calling Sara a "stone-cold killer", but to gain that title, you have to kill someone. I don't think she has yet; she fluffed her test. Someone's bound to correct me ...

Sliced Troll

hangs head in shame

I'd read that as well ... doh!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:35 am 
Addict

Graybeard wrote:
Boss Out of Town wrote:

If you can find the reference for that, please add it to the wiki; Sara's page is "unprotected" as of today. I haven't been able to find a reference, although somehow it also sticks in my mind that there has been one. In the Forum? In the strip? I don't know. It is known that she has been with them for 7 years, it's the joining-at-11 part that I can't find.

Incidentally, that would leave Sara one year older than Meji, rather than exactly her age.

I heard about it in the forum. Per someone else, Poe decided to make Sara 18 at this point in the story to avoid any more "jailbait" snark.

Since Sara isn't from Tsairaku and didn't go to Meji's high school, a year's difference in their age orobably isn't that important. Segregation by age is a Western cultural artifact based on the school system. That is, the schooling by grades is the cause, the division of kids and young adults into cadres by year is the effect. Sara may well feel superior to Meji if she is older, but that is an individual matter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:58 pm 
Expatriate

pillaroforder wrote:
ri[[3r wrote:
People keep calling Sara a "stone-cold killer", but to gain that title, you have to kill someone. I don't think she has yet; she fluffed her test. Someone's bound to correct me ...

Sliced Troll

One of those Monkish Mondays.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:53 pm 
Local

KurtDunn wrote:

That's not a Monday, that's a Friday With No Social Life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:41 am 
Local

Boss Out of Town wrote:
Graybeard wrote:
Boss Out of Town wrote:

I heard about it in the forum. Per someone else, Poe decided to make Sara 18 at this point in the story to avoid any more "jailbait" snark.

Actually, you're incorrect, as was I in remembering that she had 7 years in the Ensigerum. I have it on good authority (near bottom) that she's 21.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next