ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: 6/22/2007 - Who's that Knock, Knock, Knocking at my door.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:09 pm 
Expatriate

In the absence of a noticeable thread I create one. I'd love to see Meji's mother's thoughts at this moment first a ruggedly handsome guy and his sister bring back her daughters familiar, then an elf arrives and then her daughter comments "Oh the elf bitch." I think her brains would be on the verge of shorting out. Incidently we've now met the maid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:14 pm 
Native

Orgy. Now.

Please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:21 pm 
Local

*snicker*

I'll bet Jon is just kicking himself now for not bringing along his mooching sack...

And Sarine is getting nostalgic for the Amraphel-pattern elven greeting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:46 pm 
Local

It's funny, Master von Angst Jon is glad to see Sarine, and all the elf gets from Meji is "oh.. the elf bitch"

My immediate thoughts on seeing Miyo's face was "she's going to ask about her pointy eared lover, I just know it"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:12 pm 
Local

As for me, I love the look relax and cool of Sara eating her tea-cake in the last frame.

Last edited by Neko7 on Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:20 pm 
Local

A) And here I was hoping that if I caught the update early enough, I could post before anyone demanded an orgy. Silly me. :-?

B) I enjoyed the variety of reactions between Jon, Meji, and Sara.

C) There are two webcomics I read featuring characters named Sara, and in each case it is routine for people discussing those characters to add an "h" on the end of the name when spelling it on the forums for those comics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:37 pm 
Local

Killjoy wrote:
C) There are two webcomics I read featuring characters named Sara, and in each case it is routine for people discussing those characters to add an "h" on the end of the name when spelling it on the forums for those comics.

That because Sara is a contraction of the name Sarah, who(m ?) was already a contraction of a longer name that I forgot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:35 am 
Green Text

Finally, the Mom has a name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:48 am 
Tourist

Sarine's just fun to listen to... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:56 am 
Local

I love everyone's face in the last frame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:26 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Damn! Now I gotta change the wiki, :scream: it's not "Farrelites", it's "Farellians", damn, damn, damn, damn, damn! :cry:

On another front, now we know Meji's mom's name :-)

I agree with the consensus, the group shot of the last panel is priceless! :lol:

Note that Sarine may be only the second Elf that Miyo has ever met in person.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:08 am 
Addict

Slamlander wrote:
Damn! Now I gotta change the wiki, :scream: it's not "Farrelites", it's "Farellians", damn, damn, damn, damn, damn! :cry:

On another front, now we know Meji's mom's name :-)

I agree with the consensus, the group shot of the last panel is priceless! :lol:

Yep, good clean fun. Ellis gets gagged, Nanoa deploys the tea service, wine coolers, and munchies from the pantry. Jon and Meji have adventures to talk about while Miyo tries not to gulp in disbelief. Sara gets a chance to use her company manners while chowing down on sweets, like Liza Doolittle but less Cockney.

Slamlander wrote:
Note that Sarine may be only the second Elf that Miyo has ever met in person.

Hmmm . . . what are the odds that the real Elven ambassador travels without an entourage or bodyguards?

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:27 am 
Green Text

Slamlander wrote:
Damn! Now I gotta change the wiki, :scream: it's not "Farrelites", it's "Farellians", damn, damn, damn, damn, damn!

I could swear I've heard him use the latter more than once, while I can never recall him using the former.

:confused:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:54 am 
Expatriate

Boss Out of Town wrote:
Hmmm . . . what are the odds that the real Elven ambassador travels without an entourage or bodyguards?

To go get some nookie one night while in a city of fairly awestruck mages? I'd say the odds are high, especially when you consider typical elven arrogance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:18 am 
Local

Well, this should be interesting - I'm sure Miyo will have lots of questions for her daughter regarding why she is in the presence of elves who would hunt her (not to be confused with "those who hunt elves")...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:33 am 
Local

Arf, I just realised the opinion of the maid about meji's Mom:

Sarine: "Is this the Hinadori Residence?"
Naona "Uh... Yes... Ell, Miyo Hinadori, that is. Are you sure you weren't looking for her father's home instead?"

Translation: "Yes, but that's the useless, lasy and spoiled one. Since you are an elf, so very much important, you must want to see the smart, influant and famous one, not the one that live here, right?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:54 am 
Green Text

I'd say it was fairly obvious what the maid was implying....

Initial B wrote:
Well, this should be interesting - I'm sure Miyo will have lots of questions for her daughter regarding why she is in the presence of elves who would hunt her

they'researchingforfragmentsofamagicaltattoothatwillallowthemtoreturntotheirhome

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:50 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Initial B wrote:
Well, this should be interesting - I'm sure Miyo will have lots of questions for her daughter regarding why she is in the presence of elves who would hunt her (not to be confused with "those who hunt elves")...

To start with, Tsuirakushiti society doesn't know about the Errant war. They cloaked before that happened. Therefore, Miyo would not question finding Meji in the company of elves. Little does she know that this Elf is one of the few exceptions and that her ex-boyfriend would probably giggle with glee to have the opportunity to kill his own daughter, a well-trained Tsuirakuan half-elf mage, as an appetizer to creating yet another one in Miyo.

BTW, it's highly likely that Meji's father countered any contraceptive spell Miyo used, on purpose, without Miyo knowing, with the specific intent of creating such an appetizer for when he came by the next time.

Edit Notes:
1) Elves are not allowed to indiscriminately kill other elves or humans but it's always open-season on half-elves.
2) Some elves find it good sport to meet a competent opponent, so they can enjoy a difficult victory.
3) With the scarcity of feral half-elves, they have to make their own. Ergo, Meji exists and is trained at no cost to her father, who harvests her later.
4) Yes, this is a very sick and evil concept, one well worthy of this forum. :wink:

Last edited by Slamlander on Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:21 am 
Local

You know, Sarine really needs an "Elves Are People Too" t-shirt.

Slamlander wrote:
To start with, Tsuirakushiti society doesn't know about the Errant war. They cloaked before that happened. Therefore, Miyo would not question finding Meji in the company of elves. Little does she know that this Elf is one of the few exceptions and that her ex-boyfriend would probably giggle with glee to have the opportunity to kill his own daughter, a well-trained Tsuirakuan half-elf mage, as an appetizer to creating yet another one in Miyo.

While I would agree that Nanoa may not know about the Errant War, it is inconceivable to me that "Tsuirakushiti society" does not. The elves have been dealing with Tsuiraku for about 200 years, and that is plenty of time in a technological human society -- if not necessarily elven society -- for research to go on, at least if the subject being researched is important. The Powers That Be in Tsuiraku (including, in all likelihood, Meji's grandfather) are surely savvy enough to realize that all interactions involving elves are important, and to conduct research accordingly.

Actually, one thing that bugs me a little bit, from the standpoint of the logic of the story, is that Tsuiraku is so complacent about Meji herself. One might think that the Tsuirakuan upper crust would be so interested in what they can learn about the elves by studying Meji, that the poor kid would have had an upbringing more typical of an exotic zoo animal than a more-or-less-human girl who happens to have pointy ears and slow development. We can see hints of this back when she was talking about the lifemage who learned about her magic resistance, but not much else. Seen from this perspective, her GF's decision to raise her as a "normal" girl looks a bit more commendable than Meji thinks it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:02 am 
Addict

I agree, it's a potential inconsistancy. However, it is indeed possible that while the Tsuiraku leadership was aware of what transpired in the outside world, they kept it from the rank&file general populus. Ergo, Meji still would not have known about it. But then again, what adolescent is terribly interested in history, eh?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next