ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Musing about elves, warp gates and regeneration.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:55 pm 
Local

Lately certain thoughts about elven regenerative abilities have been wandering around, demanding attention. A few strips ago, we found out through Sarine's comments that the automated travel platforms elves use have a rougher ride. We know that internal damage is possible during travel, though presumably rare when skilled operators perform the magic.

A rougher transfer through automated means would suggest a higher likelihood of damage happening, yet such a long lived race as the elves seem to not care. Being regenerative by nature, they may be able to correct any reasonable amount of damage caused during travel.

These musings of course leads to the obvious question: Being regenerative, how does this affect their reproductive organs? A 3000 year old pussy would be rather loose, even if proper care is taken to avoid the most extreme forms of wear and tear. And when one starts to ponder the "reset-to-default" manner in which the regenerative forces work, what is the default.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:04 pm 
Local

Well, I imagine, given the sort of regenerative ability Poe has described, that the warp gates wouldn't make a difference one way or another. Any damage that Elves might incur from old age despite their regeneration would occur with or without the use of warp gates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:56 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
One possibility that presents itself is the concept that an Elf becomes a virgin again (if they ever were), given a sufficient time of abstinance. The body essentially heals itself of all injuries and changes. A torn hymen certainly quallifies.

As far as the travel platofrms are concerned, any injuries sustained there, by either half-elf or full elf, are healed fairly quickly. It is humans that have to be more careful, because they don't heal worth a damn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:50 am 
Local

Slamlander wrote:
One possibility that presents itself is the concept that an Elf becomes a virgin again (if they ever were), given a sufficient time of abstinance. The body essentially heals itself of all injuries and changes. A torn hymen certainly quallifies.

Assuming that female elves are born with one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:15 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Killjoy wrote:
Slamlander wrote:

As I said "(if they ever were)".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:22 pm 
Local

Slamlander wrote:
Killjoy wrote:
Slamlander wrote:

Ah.

At least in my understanding "virgin" != "has a hymen".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:59 pm 
Ignore Me

Killjoy wrote:
Slamlander wrote:
Killjoy wrote:
Slamlander wrote:

Ah.

At least in my understanding "virgin" != "has a hymen".

!= is "does not equal", correct?

Sorry, I used a different one. Anywho!

+1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:54 pm 
Local

Yes, "does not equal".

To be direct, there are plenty of ways in which a woman might not show that "classic sign" of virginity, despite never so much as kissing someone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:11 am 
Local

I think we can all agree that boys and men can be virgins and yet not have intact hymens, ergo "being a virgin" cannot be equivalent to "having an intact hymen". I still thought Slamlander's point was clear enough, though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:20 am 
Addict

Well there is also a little known to Americans fact that males also have a bit of tissue that gets torn during the first sexual event. But it is removed during circumcision and since circumcision, at birth, is universally practiced in America, Americans wouldn't know. Basically, males have a hymen equivalent and males can physically be virgins too. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:52 am 
Local

Wouldn't any damage - to an elf - be painful? I could see that automated transfer would be OK for plebs, soldiers etc, but I'd've thought there'd be a tiered system, so that high-ranking officials be transferred as comfortably as possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:13 am 
Ignore Me

Slamlander wrote:
Well there is also a little known to Americans fact that males also have a bit of tissue that gets torn during the first sexual event. But it is removed during circumcision and since circumcision, at birth, is universally practiced in America, Americans wouldn't know. Basically, males have a hymen equivalent and males can physically be virgins too. :wink:

I was never circumcised.

On a side note: With the "+1", I was referring to "classic sign of virginity", I guess you're calling it.

Technical virgins =/= virgins.

(=/= means does not equal)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:12 pm 
Local

Slamlander wrote:

Not universally. I used to know a guy who hadn't been cut.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:08 am 
Addict

BloodHenge wrote:
Slamlander wrote:

Not universally. I used to know a guy who hadn't been cut.

Now you know two, but I was born a European. :wink:

I think that they are curtailing the practice these days. I'm not sure of the arguments though :confused:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:53 am 
Local

Not to offend, but I find the uncircumcised penis to be rather disgusting. It would be like having breasts covered with a thick layer you had to peel back just to touch them.

Not to mention what happens when a guy doesn't properly care for his bits and pieces when he's uncircumcised.

::shudder::

Why would people stop doing it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:23 am 
Green Text

Slamlander wrote:
and since circumcision, at birth, is universally practiced in America

lol

bellofthedamned wrote:
Not to mention what happens when a guy doesn't properly care for his bits and pieces when he's uncircumcised.

A lack of normal hygiene is bad for anyone, your personal preferences set aside.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:27 am 
Local

For one thing, it's a rather bloody and painful process, since (as I'm told) the foreskin doesn't detach (so that it can slide back properly) until puberty. Second, it removes a lot of nerve endings and forces the glans to essentially form a callus, which I'm told not only reduces sensation but also reduces stamina during intercourse (not sure how that could be scientifically determined without enough adult volunteers of both types). Finally, it's basically a form of cosmetic surgery, a voluntary, optional procedure. I guess a lot of people are beginning to think it's a waste of time and money. (When I was born, a lot of doctors were doing them for free, though.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:30 am 
Local

It becomes nice and loose as long as you play with it properly before your first intercourse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:31 am 
Addict

bellofthedamned wrote:
Not to offend, but I find the uncircumcised penis to be rather disgusting. It would be like having breasts covered with a thick layer you had to peel back just to touch them.

::shudder::

Why would people stop doing it?

It all depends on what you're used to. The foreskin actually does have a use during sex and prevents a lot of painful irritation, of the sort most buy KY Gel for. There are other negatives that are mentioned and they're true.

What happens when a woman doesn't properly care for her bits and pieces? The same thing, that's what. But it also makes men vulnerable to the same fungus that causes vaginal itch and no, I really don't like oral for exactly that reason. Keep things clean and keep a good genital fungicide in the medicine cabinet and it's absolutely no problem.

Human were designed a certain way and it's been successful. The arguments that you're making are exactly the arguments they use in favor of such mutilation.

The counter-arguments are:

BloodHenge wrote:
For one thing, it's a rather bloody and painful process, since the foreskin doesn't detach (so that it can slide back properly) until puberty. Second, it removes a lot of nerve endings and forces the glans to essentially form a callus, which I'm told not only reduces sensation but also reduces stamina during intercourse.

All of the above is true. :-3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:55 am 
Local

PsionicsNOTMagic wrote:
(=/= means does not equal)

Never seen that one before. While "!=" is used in several common programming languages.

Just saying.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next