ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:43 am 
Green Text

<table width=485px><tr><td>@Scient: Your avatar was stretching the page and the host was giving a hotlinking error anyways... so I snipped it for you.

Better luck next time.

Quote:

Initial B wrote:
elven armies

lol
</td></tr></table>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:14 am 
Expatriate

Slamlander wrote:
Meji's grandfather isn't happy with what Rarune did to his daughter anyway.

And you have this on authority... where?

I do not think we have ever been shown how gramps feels about his daughter and Rarune. For all we know, Tsuiraku could be aware of the situation with elves hunting and killing half elves, and that fathering a half-elf child is an extreme no-no for an elf (diplomat or not). After all, wouldn't Meji make incredible blackmail material or an extremely valuable pawn the next time the elven ambassador showed up? I am sure he would spill his guts (figuratively) in order to keep his misdeed a secret and avoid having his guts spilled (literally).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:19 am 
Local

I just like the glowing orb-phone that Nanoa is handing to Miyo. What a novel communication device. Its the i-orb!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:44 am 
Local

Gambit3le wrote:
I just like the glowing orb-phone that Nanoa is handing to Miyo. What a novel communication device. Its the i-orb!

I believe it's the Palentire of AT&T.

Apophenia 357

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:35 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Deadly Sin No.8 wrote:
Slamlander wrote:
Meji's grandfather isn't happy with what Rarune did to his daughter anyway.

And you have this on authority... where?

No authority just pure supposition. I wouldn't be be so happy about that with my daughter but who am I to know?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:47 am 
Expatriate

Miyo's reactions make alot more sense now, and she seems quite well fleshed out, considering current speculation.

She hasn't married because she's still holding out hope for that enchanting Elf to come whisk her away.

She is obsessive about her appear and maintaining it so that she'll be 'ready' when he comes back.

... So if he turns out to be a coldhearted bastard who would just as soon kill Miyo and Meji than give alimony OR affection... Well shit.

Oh and that's just all based on the speculation that she purposely had Meji to cement a relationship with Rarune.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:20 pm 
Tourist

hi hi

Quote:
...to power some insane attempt to resurrect his dead wife. Not only did he get himself obliterated in the process, but also that event was what sparked the mage and priest wars. Even to this day relations between Tsuiraku and Veracia are strained because of it.
- On Shiro Hideaki and Necromancy

I wonder if being so close to such a resurrection attempt would leave a magical trace or impression, perhaps one that could be traced by priests who are still upset about the first one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:10 pm 
Local

Gambit3le wrote:

Indeed; also recall the girls on a bus in that flashback a while back comparing the sizes of their crystal balls, where smaller=better... just like modern girls talk about their phones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:20 pm 
Ignore Me

Well, Granpappy obviously found out about Meji failing her classes.

Well, sucks to be her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:26 pm 
Tourist

hi hi

Another alternative would be for Sarine to say: "They're on to me, we gotta get out of here and make it fast." or perhaps "The real ambassador just arrived, we need to be scarce."

If they suspect Sarine is an imposter, who knows what they'll do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:46 pm 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
PsionicsNOTMagic wrote:

Well, sucks to be her.

She hasn't failed her classes yet. She still has a month.

icekatze wrote:
hi hi

Another alternative would be for Sarine to say: "They're on to me, we gotta get out of here and make it fast." or perhaps "The real ambassador just arrived, we need to be scarce."

If they suspect Sarine is an imposter, who knows what they'll do?

The beauty of her story is that she really is a Viradior (ret). It's only her mission that she fibbed about :wink: Besides, the Elves wouldn't get too hot until they found and talked to Sarine. They don't want the humans knowing about the rampant Elf goddess. Hell, they don't even want their own people knowing about it. Ergo, they'll be cool until they have a good reason to be otherwise.

Last edited by Slamlander on Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:55 pm 
Local

Ghastly wrote:
Gambit3le wrote:

I believe it's the Palantir of AT&T.

{fixed Spelling... o.k. so I'm not the only Tolkien nerd, just the one with an English degree...}

and actually I thought that Cingular bought that Idea from adelphia before being absorbed by AT&T. Not that it matters in the least or whatsoever in any case as all things cool and new must be kept for the upper classes and denied to us lowly goundlings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:28 pm 
Expatriate

Well, you might want to work on your capitalization, Gambit. :wink: For someone with an English degree, it quite frankly sucks. :-P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:33 pm 
Tourist

hi hi

You're right slamlander, perhaps I'm looking at this from the wrong angle. Sarine is saying that things are worse then she though, so perhaps I ought to start thinking of things that they would have no way of knowing.

It seems unlikely that the elves have already contacted the Tsuirakulites about what is going on, considering the surprise they had regarding Sarine's appearance, but that doesn't rule out Tsuiraku spies in the world at large relaying information back. Still there would be a limit to what they know. However, the Tsuirakulinos must have known something that Sarine did not regarding Meji since Meji's presence makes things worse.

I'm guessing that all interested parties know about Meji's return, since she was allowed to go out in public with her friend. The Tsuirakularians probably aren't plotting anything against her since they would have likely done it already. So I'm guessing that they know something about outside influences, probably not elves since Sarine would have expected that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:01 pm 
Green Text

Szar Lakol wrote:
And now I shall act the part of the irrelevant jerk. :-P

He was referring to 'Palantir' and nothing else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:29 pm 
Ignore Me

Slamlander wrote:
PsionicsNOTMagic wrote:

Well, sucks to be her.

Fourth panel. I think it's safe to say that he could probably find out about the fact that she's going to fail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:32 pm 
Local

Stop defending it -- it's just wrong. He's not calling about Meji being in danger of failing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:42 pm 
Expatriate

KurtDunn wrote:
... So if he turns out to be a coldhearted bastard who would just as soon kill Miyo and Meji than give alimony OR affection... Well shit.

What would be really funny (and insulting to Rarune if the above is true) is if not Meji, but Miyo ends up saving his life after following the group to the warp gate or wherever they end up running into the other elves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:09 pm 
Addict

PsionicsNOTMagic wrote:
Slamlander wrote:
PsionicsNOTMagic wrote:

Well, sucks to be her.

Fourth panel. I think it's safe to say that he could probably find out about the fact that she's going to fail.

My, what a short memory you have. At the time she left, she had three months. In that scene, she had spent two months on the road. We even discussed it at the time. Too much THC? The time rate Poe uses is pretty constant. At best, a week's gone by since the scene I linked. But I think it's more likely that less than 24 hours have passed, in which case, she still has a month. More than plenty of time to pull a save out of her ass.

I'm begining to have the feeling that her graduation will be a part of the denoument, or even the climax.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:21 am 
Expatriate

Should be interesting if so and I am in full agreement of the excrement + rotating device sentiments.

Now what the phone call could be is just a friendly call to his daughter letting her know the elven ambassadors arrived and after being told of his daughter started heading straight for their house. Possibly resulting in Miyo coming in to share the happy news with her daughters friends.

Interesting to see if your right about her still holding onto her hope of finding Rarune remembers her I can understand it if so.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next