ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: 2007-06-25 Meji's here? Fuck! (Trouble on the horizon!)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:12 am 
Local

I wonder what other kind of trouble Sarine has in mind. Maybe the Elves will try to convince Tsuiraku to help them search for Ian.

DEATH: HE IS AN OLD FRIEND. YOU MIGHT SAY HE IS ON THE INSTALMENT PLAN.

Last edited by pillaroforder on Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:15 am 
Green Text

I certainly didn't expect that from Miyo, although I suppose it makes sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:46 am 
Local

Maybe the reason Jon was so cheerful was because he knew Meji would screw up Sarines plans?

Also: Memo from dad: Keep that Elf Bitch away from my GrandDaughter. I bet the three most badass fighters are just staying long enough to start a fight leading a trail of death and destruction all the way to the warp gate. That last real fight with all three of these characters seemed like it was setting up the plot for awhile, but now it looks like it was only setting up the characters to be where they need to be for max damage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:09 am 
Addict

Whew! Sarine remembered her grown-up manners just in time. Things must be getting intense.

Mom comes across as mildly pathetic here. Tough being both narcissistic and clueless.

"We are not going to die! And do you know why? Because Thomas is too pretty to die. And because I'm too stubborn to die. And most of all because tomorrow is Oktoberfest, Butters, and <i>polka will never die!</i>"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:25 am 
Local

She was hoping her elf-night-stand missed her. Awwwwwwwwwwww...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:32 am 
Native

Thread totally should've been titled "Meji's here? Fuck."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:42 am 
Expatriate

Boss Out of Town wrote:
Mom comes across as mildly pathetic here. Tough being both narcissistic and clueless.

Clueless, yes, but more pitiful or deserving of pity than pathetic.

I always thought that Miyo had the potential to be an interesting character - or at least a fascinating psychological study - because for all her faults, Miyo is in love with Rarune, and with what he represents -- Eternal Youth/Life. I suspect that all nip and tuck jobs may have been less for narcissistic reasons than out of the desire to remain "young and attractive" for the 20 years until her one-night love came back. Her grumpiness and bad manners probably even stem from frustration at her losing battle to stay young, because no matter how much she tries, she knows that she is growing irreversibly older. In that sense, her treatment of Meji may stem from a subconscious resentment as a constant reminder of her mortality and aging. Because she knows that when she is an old, wrinkled and unattractive hag, Meji will still be a beautiful young maiden.

I would even go so far as to speculate that Miyo intentionally botched the contraception spell in order to create a child=bond between her and Rarune, without realizing the trouble she was creating.

/edit

Oh, and I wonder how Miyo is going to flip out when Daddy tells her that she has to hide Meji or get her out of Tsuiraku because "the elves will kill her on sight."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:58 am 
Local

I'm damn sure I said this once, long time thread ago.

IT R ELVES!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:59 am 
Local

Yorik wrote:
Thread totally should've been titled "Meji's here? Fuck."

I second your observation

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:08 am 
Local

I wonder, would Rarune actually be protective of Meji and try to keep her hidden? In the "if anyone back home finds out about this I'm screwed" sense, of course. Getting rid of her and covering it up would be almost impossible, since her grandpa is a councilman and all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:29 am 
Green Text

I second Sin's analysis of Miyo, it makes sense.

Boss Out of Town wrote:
Whew! Sarine remembered her grown-up manners just in time. Things must be getting intense.

Yeah, that almost looked like compassion from her in panel four.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:35 am 
Local

Deadly Sin No.8 wrote:
Boss Out of Town wrote:

Clueless, yes, but more pitiful or deserving of pity than pathetic.

I always thought that Miyo had the potential to be an interesting character - or at least a fascinating psychological study - because for all her faults, Miyo is in love with Rarune, and with what he represents -- Eternal Youth/Life. I suspect that all nip and tuck jobs may have been less for narcissistic reasons than out of the desire to remain "young and attractive" for the 20 years until her one-night love came back. Her grumpiness and bad manners probably even stem from frustration at her losing battle to stay young, because no matter how much she tries, she knows that she is growing irreversibly older. In that sense, her treatment of Meji may stem from a subconscious resentment as a constant reminder of her mortality and aging. Because she knows that when she is an old, wrinkled and unattractive hag, Meji will still be a beautiful young maiden.

I would even go so far as to speculate that Miyo intentionally botched the contraception spell in order to create a child=bond between her and Rarune, without realizing the trouble she was creating.

Yeah... And going by panel 4, all that must have flashed through Sarine's head in a second or two.

Deadly Sin No.8 wrote:
Oh, and I wonder how Miyo is going to flip out when Daddy tells her that she has to hide Meji or get her out of Tsuiraku because "the elves will kill her on sight."

It's going to be Saus 2.0, I tell you. If lucky. Emrylon 2.0 if not. Depending if they don't get out of the city or if they don't get out of the house in time and Team Assassin All-Stars totally throws it down in the halls and streets of Tsuiraku. Well, at least Sarine and Jon get a few moments to brief themselves this time before the wrath of major geopolitical entities descends upon them like the gods themselves.

Well, that or they leave the city without incident and Meji's gradfather has Bani attacched to them as a guard for his granddaughter. But that'd be boring.

Last edited by normalphil on Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:37 am 
Green Text

What are you saying, Bani is cool.

She might even have that golem and electric guitar with her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:45 am 
Local

Why do I suddenly hae a bad feeling that a lot of death and destruction are just around the corner? I can't help but wonder if Sarine found out that the elven armies have been given orders to "sterilize" any towns known to harbour helf-elves...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:59 am 
Expatriate

normalphil wrote:
Yeah... And going by panel 3, all that must have flashed through Sarine's head in a second or two.

I am sure she has seen it before.

normalphil wrote:
Deadly Sin No.8 wrote:

It's going to be Saus 2.0, I tell you. If lucky. Emrylon 2.0 if not. Depending if they don't get out of the city or if they don't get out of the house in time and Team Assassin All-Stars totally throws it down in the halls and streets of Tsuiraku. Well, at least Sarine and Jon get a few moments to brief themselves this time before the wrath of major geopolitical entities descends upon them like the gods themselves.

speculation:

Well, first the shit is going to hit the fan when Miyo misinterprets Sarine's reason for showing up based on what Daddy is likely to tell her. This should be quite spectacular, since one would assume, given the family tradition, that she also received mage training.

After that, what would be really hilarious is if they make it back to the warp gate just in time to meet the arriving Elven entourage. A battle within the warp facility ensues, and the Tsuirakuan mages/guards are at a complete loss as to what to do because it's Elves vs. Elves! Then, after the surprise advantage of Jon (guns) and Sara (time magic) give our protagonists the win and they escape the city, the Council realizes what has happened, pisses their pants, and tries to come up with a good excuse to explain to the Elves why their Ambassador has just been killed on Tsuirakuan soil, why a potential errant and possible wanted criminal (assuming that any of the elven army survivors of the Saus battle can identify Jon) were allowed to escape, and why the Elves should not declare war on Tsuiraku.

Naturally, all hell breaks loose.

/speculation

/edit
Of course, instead of killing Rarune (in front of Meji since he is her father), the group could incapacitate his entourage, and then Sarine could just slap Rarune around badly and show him his "beautiful daughter" before leaving.

And then all hell breaks loose.

Last edited by Deadly Sin No.8 on Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:17 am 
Local

...Maji..?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:22 am 
Local

Fan, the shit, hitting.

Now I think we're about to see the reason why most of the party is made of uber-assassins. Plot reasons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:35 am 
Local

Something people seem to be forgetting: assassins aren't known for causing large amounts of collateral damage. A fight between the elves and team assassin would probabnly involve a lot of sneaking and very little direct confrontation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:59 am 
Local

Scient wrote:
...Maji..?

Typo, nobody is perfect, m'kaaaay?

DEATH: HE IS AN OLD FRIEND. YOU MIGHT SAY HE IS ON THE INSTALMENT PLAN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:29 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Deadly Sin No.8 wrote:
normalphil wrote:
Yeah... And going by panel 3, all that must have flashed through Sarine's head in a second or two.

I am sure she has seen it before.

normalphil wrote:
Deadly Sin No.8 wrote:

speculation:

Well, first the shit is going to hit the fan when Miyo misinterprets Sarine's reason for showing up based on what Daddy is likely to tell her. This should be quite spectacular, since one would assume, given the family tradition, that she also received mage training.

After that, what would be really hilarious is if they make it back to the warp gate just in time to meet the arriving Elven entourage. A battle within the warp facility ensues, and the Tsuirakuan mages/guards are at a complete loss as to what to do because it's Elves vs. Elves! Then, after the surprise advantage of Jon (guns) and Sara (time magic) give our protagonists the win and they escape the city, the Council realizes what has happened, pisses their pants, and tries to come up with a good excuse to explain to the Elves why their Ambassador has just been killed on Tsuirakuan soil, why a potential errant and possible wanted criminal (assuming that any of the elven army survivors of the Saus battle can identify Jon) were allowed to escape, and why the Elves should not declare war on Tsuiraku.

Naturally, all hell breaks loose.

/speculation

The only thing wrong with this is that you're ignoring the Amraphel 2.0 trump card. The minute Miyo starts winding up a spell, Sara will be all over her like white on rice.

Geez, Miyo's still pining for Rarune?!?!?!?
I'm okay with most of this except for the last bit.
Meji leaves with them and Tsuiraku, in time honored political form, declares war on the Elves for them bringing the Errant War to their doorstep. This is also where we find out what happened to Tsuirakushiti's half-elves.

Meji's grandfather isn't happy with what Rarune did to his daughter anyway. For him then to come back to try and kill his granddaughter is way past the limit. It's worse if they destroy the gate complex in the process. No, gramps is going to be gunning for elf-shaped bear and he has a whole army of Battle Mages to do it with! Tsuirakuans have already proven that they're not push-overs.

Who else is Team Assassin going to add to it now, besides Meji?

Meji sort of reminds me of Patty Hearst.

Last edited by Slamlander on Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:17 am, edited 3 times in total.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next