ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Calling all codemonkeys...
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:02 pm 
Addict

The last time I hired a company to do code work for us, everyone told me that I should have asked for volunteers first. So, now I'm asking for volunteers.

We're working on a shiny new site design for Errant Story, so that we can fix a lot of the bugs and also put in a bunch of the new functionality we've been working on with a developer. Though we're about 90% done with figuring out how it'll look and how we want the different parts to work together (the header is giving us some trouble, and there's some minor details of design we're ironing out still), we need someone to code it for us once the pretty pictures and planning parts are all done. I THINK that our plan for the site is fairly simple code-wise, and because it's intended to be modular it should be easy to adjust it as needed once the modules are set up, but I don't know this for sure. It will be similar to the EN site in terms of how that's modular.

This project would be work for hire, and it would be on a fairly tight deadline (I'd need it <i>done</i> no later than July 10th!). The person who does it will probably need a certain degree of expertise, including with PHP, and will need to be willing to work with me despite the fact that I will probably frequently make very little sense at first because I don't understand how this code stuff actually works, though I have a very clear picture of how I want the actual SITE to work.

If you're interested in this job, and willing to commit to meeting our deadline, please contact me via e-mail at: hilaryhatch@caffeineangelstudios.com If you think there's even a chance you'll miss the deadline, please don't contact me about this one, since it's important that if we take on volunteers for this instead of hiring a company to do it for us, that we be able to count on the volunteer to still get it done right and on time. I'm sure there will be other opportunities to help if you really want to, so don't feel that this is your only chance.

^-^'

Edit: Offer is no longer open. Thank you for your responses.

Last edited by Imp-Chan on Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:12 pm 
something smells fishy here

( ಠ_ಠ)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]