ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: 04Jul07 -- Uh oh! Does this mean that we're not getting a comic today?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:01 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Quote:
07-04-2007 - Hey, isn't there a holiday to celebrate today? At least... we're celebrating one. We've been prepping a ton of new stuff for Otakon and Dragon*Con, plus getting ready for the Arrival of the Plushies, and we needed a day of enjoying our freedom. Plus... I kinda have a thing about fireworks. ^-^'

*twitch*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:08 am 
Green Text

you will survive

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:56 am 
Expatriate

Seems like no comic.... :-/ we'll survive.

But since its today that is independence day(flashbacks to the movie, *shudders*), and the comic is normally presented very early, I would say we should have had a comic today(on the presumption that the comic is done the day(s) before), and miss the one friday.

Anyways, enjoy your vacation lazy Americans, while the rest of the world are working.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:07 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Survival is one thing but an independance day where you are not independent enough to be allowed your own fireworks and the local community won't put on a show either (due to budget cutting) strikes me as telling and moot.

Land of the free? Not!
Home of the brave? Not!

Why this American Citizen now lives in the oldest free democracy on the planet and it's NOT the USA!

:911:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:38 am 
Local

I totally forgot that July 4 was a yankee holiday. Everyone needs a holiday, so get rested Poe.

We expect 2x the effort on friday :wink:

BTW Slam, where do you live? Netherlands?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:12 am 
Addict

So far, I haven't even been to bed yet. -_-'

I started my day (Tuesday, that is) cleaning the basement, which involved removing ten tons of crud that the previous owners had left behind, including two pool-table sized workbenches that had to be taken apart to be removed. I also scrubbed down the floor and mopped it a couple times (I made Poe help with that part). However, the basement is now MUCH cleaner, so I finally have a place to start storing extra boxes and shipping supplies, etc. Hurray, I can reclaim my office now!

After cleaning the basement all day, I then had a meeting about a new credit card system for conventions (so that we don't have to write card info down on paper and risk processing problems due to human error). I went to dinner with some friends after the meeting.

And then when I got home (around 11 pm my time) I worked on a couple other projects, and since around 2 am or so I've been making the bookmarks, which is time-consuming, and more so than it should be this time because it's BORING to make the bookmarks (repetitive tasks and all that). It's basically cutting out 100 little rectangles of paper to precise measurements with no guide lines, then laminating them one at a time. VERY boring, and I'm fussy and finicky, so getting the art lined up just so makes it take three times as long as it should. Those who donated enough this month will be getting bookmarks crafted with LOVE!

Then, once the bookmarks are done (they aren't yet, I'm taking a break because I'm kinda tired now, but I really want them at least finished being made before I go to bed), I have to finish getting the bookmarks ready to mail, and then I have to do the shipping. I've been behind, so today is my day to catch up. I also need to get a head start on the 200+ pre-orders for the Ellis plushies, since I'm only going to have about two days to get them packed up and out the door once the plushies get here, which they should hopefully do by next Tuesday.

At around 11 this morning, I'm supposed to walk about a mile and a half to my friend's house and then back to my house after breakfast (part of our bid to get enough exercise), but I think since I will have been over 24 hours awake at that point, I might call to cancel, and just spend the majority of my July 4th unconscious instead.

^-^'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:28 am 
Addict

Had no intent to stress you, darlin'. You guys work hard and deserve the rest. I was just playing :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:32 am 
Addict

Zherical wrote:
I totally forgot that July 4 was a yankee holiday. Everyone needs a holiday, so get rested Poe.

We expect 2x the effort on friday :wink:

BTW Slam, where do you live? Netherlands?

Officially, that's where I'm registered. However, look to the left of this message, by my icon, the location field, the heart of Suisse Romande. The Netherlands is still a monarchy and only a democracy by royal tolerance. However, Suisse have been a pure democracy since about 1292, long before Columbus was even born. La Confederation Helvetica! My fiance is Suiss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:21 am 
Local

I did not know that that country even existed.

Lawl :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:29 am 
Addict

Zherical wrote:

I hope that you are joking. But in case you aren't, Americans know this place as Switzerland.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:37 am 
Expatriate

Since we are countrydropping, then i am from, and currently living in the oldest monarchy in the world. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:55 am 
Addict

monberg wrote:
Since we are countrydropping, then i am from, and currently living in the oldest monarchy in the world. :-)

I was going to guess China but they are no longer a monarchy. But then I remembered King Canute for some reason. You must be a Dane. :-P

BTW, the Japanese do argue with that a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:58 am 
Local

Slamlander wrote:
Zherical wrote:

I hope that you are joking. But in case you aren't, Americans know this place as Switzerland.

Yes, hence the lawl ;)

For anyone who doesn't already know, I'm from that country which allowed women to vote, first.

BTW slammy, send me some chocolates. :-3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:24 am 
Local

Zherical wrote:
For anyone who doesn't already know, I'm from that country which allowed women to vote, first.

Nya, got you beat by eight years (although South Australia got us beat by 11 years). :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:27 am 
Local

Even if we are allowed to vote, it's not spreading in the south. 10 years ago, you could vote for your spouse -- my mom used to have my dad cast her ballot with his, so she didn't have to do it.

Susan B. Anthony must have rolled in her grave. Elizabeth Stanton would spit on my family.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:26 am 
Local

I'm not sure if that's standard across the whole South. I know my mom always goes to the polling station herself...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:34 am 
Local

They gov't put a stop to that.

You actually have to show up now, unless you're absentee.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:14 pm 
Native

What, it's July 4th and no celebratory casting of Dragon Slave? Disappointed I am.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:45 pm 
Addict

Zherical wrote:
Slamlander wrote:
Zherical wrote:

Yes, hence the lawl ;)

BTW slammy, send me some chocolates. :-3

Pitcairn Islands?

Belgian Chocolates are better, IMHO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:08 pm 
Local

Slamlander wrote:
Survival is one thing but an independance day where you are not independent enough to be allowed your own fireworks and the local community won't put on a show either (due to budget cutting) strikes me as telling and moot.

Huh.

Almost every town of more than a few thousand people around here is having a fireworks show, plus the local minor-league baseball teams are having big fireworks at their home games this week, and there are other shows.

Not sure where you're talking about that's not having any fireworks, but it's not here.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next