ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: 09 Jul 07 -- Yeah, I guess surprising him like that would be a bad idea.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:45 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
No shit!

Nice move Sarine, getting Miyo to cooperate like that, avoiding a major incident, as Rarune goes ballistic at the news. At least Meji won't be there to throw flame bolts at.

Of course, Sarine's idea of keeping Meji occupied is sneaking her out the nearest portal as soon as possible.

Last edited by Slamlander on Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:48 am 
Expatriate

How very diplomatic of Sarine, she never intends for Meji to meet her father....

Anyways, Slam gimme first post on wednesday, i'll celebrate my 100th on the forum with that :-)

Thank you for your collaboration Slam, if I succeed I'll include you in the credits, if there's going to be credits :-)))

Last edited by monberg on Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:52 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
monberg wrote:
How very diplomatic of Sarine, she never intends for Meji to meet her father....

Anyways, Slam gimme first post on wednesday, i'll celebrate my 100th on the forum with that :-)

It's not up to me dude. :wink:
I'll gladly do. But, I'm not the only one. Far from it, in fact.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:01 am 
Local

Surprisingly smooth and well played.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:29 am 
Local

Interesting. If Elves don't normally have last names, does that mean Sarine got hers from her human husband? And she still uses it...

Looks even more like Sarine was speaking for experience when she was explaining Elven love.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:45 am 
Native

Location: The Land Of Chainsaw, Rusty City. 187 Blood Blvd, to be specific. Vict-.. err.. visitors welcome.
Well, at least I'm not the only one who thinks that Meji's father more than likely will try to kill her too. At least at first.

Initiated by Chaz via Horny Orcish Horde.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:38 am 
Green Text

Heh heh, no ulterior motives from Sarine here...

BloodHenge wrote:
Interesting. If Elves don't normally have last names, does that mean Sarine got hers from her human husband? And she still uses it...

Sure looks that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:51 am 
Addict

Kest wrote:
Heh heh, no ulterior motives from Sarine here...

BloodHenge wrote:

Sure looks that way.

So that means we finally have at least his last name - Mr. Elle. I think this merits an update within the Vault of Heretical Knowledge.

Sifu of Corpse Child

Caecus fides est hostilis veritatis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:40 am 
Local

The elves adopted codpieces for a while, in order to look more human?...

Does this mean it wasn't just the 'fertility' part that made human males so popular as partners, it was also the size that mattered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:41 am 
Local

I always thought size mattered a lot mate. chicks seem to think so.

Miyo is showing a lot of Meji here in her face, definitely clear on the family resembelance. I think her face got softer since she heard her elven banger is comin back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:50 am 
Expatriate

I like how Sarine is using Miyo as an unwitting messenger=guinea pig to test how Rarune and the elves will react to a half-elven daughter.

Evil, Sarine... Evil :fap: :fap: :fap:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:50 am 
Local

Deadly Sin No.8 wrote:
I like how Sarine is using Miyo as an unwitting messenger=guinea pig to test how Rarune and the elves will react to a half-elven daughter.

Evil, Sarine... Evil :fap: :fap: :fap:

Miyo is pretty determined to do what she's going to do, and there wasn't much chance of her accepting the truth or reacting to it in a way that didn't spell disaster for Sarine's party. There just isn't any time.

So she's dogmeat. Sarine's just aranged to profit by it, is all. She is ruthless, after all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:58 am 
Tourist

So, theory: (nothing that hasn't been suggested before I think, but it gets more detailed with this update)

Sarine sends Miyo to tell Rarune he has a kid, while Sarine gets said kid out of town. Rarune thinks "oh no, I left a kid behind, better find some way to get rid of her". Rarune follows Miyo home and finds no kid. Miyo says "I don't understand, I left her with that Elven Ranger who was here just before you!" Rarunes thinks "I understand perfectly...ranger...heh. " Incident averted. :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:07 am 
Local

BandMan2K wrote:
So that means we finally have at least his last name - Mr. Elle. I think this merits an update within the Vault of Heretical Knowledge.

Maybe, but there are other possibilities. We also know, from her conversation with Misa, that Sarine retained feelings for her own mother longer than most elves; after all, she started to stray into social no-no land when talking about it. Maybe her mom's name was Elle ... or MacPherson. I'd hold off on the update for the moment, until we have corroboration.

As for Sarine's plan, is anybody else wondering whether this is a good idea?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:08 am 
Local

Kerostasis wrote:
So, theory: (nothing that hasn't been suggested before I think, but it gets more detailed with this update)

Sarine sends Miyo to tell Rarune he has a kid, while Sarine gets said kid out of town. Rarune thinks "oh no, I left a kid behind, better find some way to get rid of her". Rarune follows Miyo home and finds no kid. Miyo says "I don't understand, I left her with that Elven Ranger who was here just before you!" Rarunes thinks "I understand perfectly...ranger...heh. " Incident averted. :-D

Well, you have just answered my question as to whether this was a good idea...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:24 am 
Green Text

Kerostasis wrote:

oh man that is sweet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:33 am 
Local

Sweet, except it assumes Rarune is so green as to assume all rangers kill the half-elves they meet. He seems to come from the race that were most friendly with the half-elves iirc, and as an ambassador he probably knows a bit of what goes on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:57 am 
Local

Rakshasa wrote:
Sweet, except it assumes Rarune is so green as to assume all rangers kill the half-elves they meet. He seems to come from the race that were most friendly with the half-elves iirc, and as an ambassador he probably knows a bit of what goes on.

"Willing to sleep with humans" is not the same thing as "friendly with the half-elves." If there was a racial dimension to the Errant War, I can't find it. Got a reference?

As for "knows a bit of what goes on," remember that Sarine, in her interactions with the elven council, was very careful only to mention Ian in connection with the Anilis affair, not Meji. She very artfully implied that the other half elf (Meji) had wandered off somewhere else by the time the Giant Magic Potato was reached. Furthermore, Misa's comments to Sarine make it clear that knowledge of how Sarine deals with half elves isn't exactly widespread ("...sneaking around the others' back") and is most likely restricted to Sarine's closest friends who can keep a secret. Yes, Rarune is probably reasonably well filled in on the situation as gleaned from Sarine's report and other intelligence sources, including what's known about Sarine's own behaviors. That doesn't mean he knows everything, and those behaviors quite likely fall under the heading of stuff he doesn't know.

This, incidentally, is a lesson for our own times. When a government gets its information on another government from agents on the street -- what's called human intelligence, or HUMINT -- it's necessary to be very careful to ensure that the information being gathered isn't excessively colored by the views of the humans doing the gathering -- or the interpreting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:03 am 
Local

Graybeard wrote:
This, incidentally, is a lesson for our own times. When a government gets its information on another government from agents on the street -- what's called human intelligence, or HUMINT -- it's necessary to be very careful to ensure that the information being gathered isn't excessively colored by the views of the humans doing the gathering -- or the interpreting.

And with Sarine being the only available witness, carrying information that, given the target audience, can never be received impartially, the details will be very colourful indeed.

'Who is playing who?', is the next big question.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:35 am 
Ignore Me

As far as the Rinkai's feelings towards half-elves, Tsuiraku is said to have some of their architectural influence. We know that it was designed mostly by half-elves and humans, but since that's MOSTLY, and it displays their architectural influence, I would think that the Rinkai would have been a bigger part of it than most elves. Or else, they taught half-elves and humans about architecture than the other elves.

Spec: Rarune will kill Miyo.

Edit: Influence is the word I was looking for!

Last edited by PsionicsNOTMagic on Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next