ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:21 am 
Local

It is blowing hard in Tsuirakushitii, normal weather for a floating city or is there a storm brewing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:47 am 
Local

Graybeard wrote:
Wonder what Bani's house is going to be like? Remember that during the flashback sequence, she was impressed that Meji, or at least her grandfather, lived in a "real big-ass, eff'n HOUSE!" -- implying that she herself did not.

It seems like an important question, because I agree with the previous writers, this doesn't seem like the kind of place you go to if you really want to disappear. If it's an apartment, many other people will see them coming and going, even if they studiously avoid paying attention. If it's a crackerbox row house, there too there will be people watching, and they may pay more attention. One would think that by now Meji would be sufficiently worldly-wise, and sufficiently cautious once the initial glow of seeing dad fades, to look for somewhere more obscure. We'll see.

All Sarine needs to do is pull up her hood, and they'll be just another bunch of people on the streets. Too many of those for anyone to notice.

DEATH: HE IS AN OLD FRIEND. YOU MIGHT SAY HE IS ON THE INSTALMENT PLAN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:37 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
pillaroforder wrote:
Graybeard wrote:
Wonder what Bani's house is going to be like? Remember that during the flashback sequence, she was impressed that Meji, or at least her grandfather, lived in a "real big-ass, eff'n HOUSE!" -- implying that she herself did not.

It seems like an important question, because I agree with the previous writers, this doesn't seem like the kind of place you go to if you really want to disappear. If it's an apartment, many other people will see them coming and going, even if they studiously avoid paying attention. If it's a crackerbox row house, there too there will be people watching, and they may pay more attention. One would think that by now Meji would be sufficiently worldly-wise, and sufficiently cautious once the initial glow of seeing dad fades, to look for somewhere more obscure. We'll see.

All Sarine needs to do is pull up her hood, and they'll be just another bunch of people on the streets. Too many of those for anyone to notice.

In Saus, maybe. Not in Tsuiraku, though. Sarine might get away with it and everyone knows Meji but Sara's monk's robe is far from discreet and so is Jon's Gewehr Wraith getup. They might not know what those are but they're not Tsuirakuan and virtually scream "Auslander"! Put that together with the fact that they all clank when they walk and you have a pretty unforgetable group.

Yes, people will notice them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:00 am 
Local

On the other hand, asking people on the street doesn't help when you want to lead a discreet investigation. Also, anyone hunting them would need to first figure out what close friends Meji has, where they live, and if they're in the city.

Meji is going to break into the house, and whoever hunts her might figure she wouldn't break into her friends house. Sure, we know Meji and have it straight from the comic that she's done it before (though not in some time). But any potential pursuers would not.

Besides, they just need a place that's out of the way, not especialy well hidden. As soon as the delegation cleared the gate, they can go into it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:01 am 
Local

wallpaper looks nicer but only cuz of a color. The character order really doesnt matter to much to me.

Whens the new bookmark coming out? Im not big on she-males :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:20 am 
Local

Slamlander wrote:

You've never been to Tokyo, have you?

Much weirder things are required to catch anyone's attention, compounded with the fact that they also have magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:41 pm 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Rakshasa wrote:
Slamlander wrote:

Much weirder things are required to catch anyone's attention, compounded with the fact that they also have magic.

As has been explained in prior strips, illusion spells don't work real well on mages. So, magic doesn't neccessarily help here. Yes, I've been to Tokyo, albeit back in 1983. There's a certain level of weird that won't even fly there. Sara and Jon may qualify for that. But then, I'm over 20 years out of date there. There is also a body language that they have, but that's a wholly other issue.

What I'm saying is that there is definite call for a potential wardrobe change, at least for Sara. She is a discretion problem and badly needs to lose those monk robes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:07 pm 
Green Text

Slamlander wrote:
Rakshasa wrote:
Slamlander wrote:

As has been explained in prior strips, illusion spells don't work real well on mages. So, magic doesn't neccessarily help here. Yes, I've been to Tokyo, albeit back in 1983. There's a certain level of weird that won't even fly there. Sara and Jon may qualify for that. But then, I'm over 20 years out of date there. There is also a body language that they have, but that's a wholly other issue.

What I'm saying is that there is definite call for a potential wardrobe change, at least for Sara. She is a discretion problem and badly needs to lose those monk robes.

But it's getting close to nighttime?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:39 pm 
Expatriate

Datdude wrote:
wallpaper looks nicer but only cuz of a color.

So what's this "wallpaper" stuff. I poked around the site a bit, but couldn't figure out what the word refers to. Sounds like something maybe interesting.

And I suppose this shows that after a couple years of reading ES, I'm still a newbie here. ;-)

(I found a link to wallpaper in the store, but clicking just got me an error message.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:58 pm 
Expatriate

Rakshasa wrote:
It is blowing hard in Tsuirakushitii, normal weather for a floating city or is there a storm brewing?

Nah, just the requisite "badass hair/cloak blowing in wind effect."

Quote:
So what's this "wallpaper" stuff. I poked around the site a bit, but couldn't figure out what the word refers to. Sounds like something maybe interesting.

Click on the donation link, then scroll down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:38 pm 
Addict

Kest wrote:
Slamlander wrote:
Rakshasa wrote:
Slamlander wrote:

Exactly ... when the malls are open? Considering how much Meji looks/acts like a Val. The Northridge Galleria does most of its business between 1700-2100h. Ibid for the Houston Galleria.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:17 pm 
Local

Slamlander wrote:

You mean in a city where people wear mage robes? Will they even notice the difference? Has the general populace even heard of Ensigerum? They'll be just fine.

DEATH: HE IS AN OLD FRIEND. YOU MIGHT SAY HE IS ON THE INSTALMENT PLAN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:21 pm 
Local

Slamlander wrote:
Rakshasa wrote:
Slamlander wrote:

Regarding Tokyo -- I present to you Harajuku, world capital of cosplay.

:-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:26 am 
Addict

Okay, that's wierd! :-o :-o :-o :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:56 am 
Green Text

Slamlander wrote:
Kest wrote:
Slamlander wrote:
Rakshasa wrote:
Slamlander wrote:

Exactly ... when the malls are open? Considering how much Meji looks/acts like a Val. The Northridge Galleria does most of its business between 1700-2100h. Ibid for the Houston Galleria.

Do they generally have malls in sleepy-looking residential areas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:14 am 
Addict

Kest wrote:
Slamlander wrote:
Kest wrote:
Slamlander wrote:
Rakshasa wrote:
Slamlander wrote:

Pleasanton, California ... 'nuff said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:00 am 
Local

Slamlander wrote:
Kest wrote:
Slamlander wrote:
Kest wrote:
Slamlander wrote:
Rakshasa wrote:
Slamlander wrote:

Pleasanton, California ... 'nuff said.

Quote pyramid!

Woo!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:50 pm 
Expatriate

Nice throwback to the new wallpaper. Real keen stuff there.

I'll throw a nice shiny nickel into the kitty and say someone from Bani's side isn't going to take kindly to that band of travellers B-'n-E'ing through the residence, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:55 pm 
Local

I'm all for a clothes change for Sara. I'm also hoping for a jacuzzi at the new place. It's time our band of heroes rested a while, got to know each other a little better whilst doing civilian things in a domestic setting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:54 am 
Local

ri[[3r wrote:
I'm all for a clothes change for Sara.

In-panel, preferably.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next