ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:41 pm 
Offline
Local
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:21 am
Posts: 247
Location: Some were in hell new jersey
Poor jon :-o

_________________
I write things not nearly as well as poe want to see? http://www.darkscribes.org/site/author.php?user=83


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:42 pm 
Offline
Local

Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:06 am
Posts: 282
Datdude wrote:
Poor jon :-o


All that snatch, but none he can have. :-3


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:08 am 
Offline
Local
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:29 am
Posts: 227
Location: by the river
Zherical wrote:
Datdude wrote:
Poor jon :-o


All that snatch, but none he can have. :-3


His last time with Sarine wasn't particularly memorable.

_________________
Shiny!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:25 am 
Offline
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:46 pm
Posts: 1957
Location: In a cube-farm, growing emails.
literally and figuratively - he commented that his partially recovered memories of the event was him doing most of the work.


Damn, but this party is nothing but DPS- not one tank in the bunch.

_________________
I deal with idiots from around the world daily. Darwin is calling to me. 'Kill the unfit!' he tells me. 'KILL THEM!'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:21 am 
Offline
n00b

Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:14 am
Posts: 1
slamlander wrote:

Graybeard wrote:
Something I just noticed: Jon and Ellis know that Bani was transferred back to Tsuiraku. Meji, however, does not, unless one of them told her. Jon might not, having other stuff on his mind; Ellis would not, since it'd be far more entertaining to him to have Meji find out the hard way.
---------------------------------

Noted and fogotten. With that little bit, all other bets are off, it's most likely Bani and we finally get to see what a Yuuki staff does.

But if that were the case, I think Meji would have known. They are friends, after all. But then again, Meji last saw Bani in Saus and wasn't looking for Bani in Tsuiraku. Meji's only been back a few weeks anyway. But, the odds are good that it's Bani.
----------------------------------------

now correct me if i´m wrong but was´t it Bani who took Meji on that makeover trip to cheer her up, that was here in the city they are in now, right?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:22 am 
Offline
Expatriate

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 pm
Posts: 109
I think Sarine, Jon and technically Sara make decent tanks.

Incidently my vote is for the scream to be Sara's after running in on Bani having fun with Rape kun's adult mode, dinner simmering on the stove.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:50 am 
Offline
Native
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:55 pm
Posts: 715
Location: Brill, Tirisfal Glades
Forrest wrote:
Kick ass. My dreams of Bani and Misa joining the party are inching closer to fruition...


As are my dreams of Bani and Misa joining the orgy.

Let us now hope that Uncle Ghastly bears gifts the next time he drops in.

_________________
Brraaaiiiinnnnnzzzzzz...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:06 am 
Offline
Local

Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:01 pm
Posts: 188
Location: A strange, high place
wardog wrote:
now correct me if i´m wrong but was´t it Bani who took Meji on that makeover trip to cheer her up, that was here in the city they are in now, right?

No, it was Etsuko.

_________________
"If you sit down at a poker game and can't see the sucker, get up. You're the sucker."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:21 am 
Offline
Local

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:28 pm
Posts: 225
Location: Far, far away
Chaz wrote:
literally and figuratively - he commented that his partially recovered memories of the event was him doing most of the work.


You do realize he was just trying to annoy Sarine, right? He didn't actually remember.

_________________
I got nuthin'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:11 pm 
Offline
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:42 pm
Posts: 1012
Location: Indiana Spaceport
Senko wrote:
I think Sarine, Jon and technically Sara make decent tanks.

Incidently my vote is for the scream to be Sara's after running in on Bani having fun with Rape kun's adult mode, dinner simmering on the stove.


Nah Jon might have high Con but after all he still only gets a d6 HD. I believe that Sarine being a ranger will make a decent tank, although she might be multiclassing because she used to be a bodyguard which I'm guessing would make her a fighter/ranger and she obviously took the melee style since we haven't seen her use a bow, like, at all. Sara though... I'm guessing Monk/Sorceror who took some feats to get the slicey and dicey going, while a d8 is nothing to scoff at I doubt she has the Con to make that d8 give her a substancial amount of hp per level.


Sorry couldn't help myself.

And I modify my vote to Bani+Rape-kun.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:52 pm 
Offline
Local
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:44 am
Posts: 265
Location: The Zoo, US northern coast
:ianroll:

Now, here's my take on it: None of them are "tanks".

They don't have character classes or hit dice or levels or feats or whatever. They're not game characters. Poe isn't rolling out the combats before writing them.

_________________
"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." -- Frederick Douglass, 1817-1895


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: you have done well
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:03 pm 
Offline
Green Text

Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 5:00 pm
Posts: 4126
Location: Clouds, rain, and green fields...
/gasp

How dare you. Logic has no place here.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:46 pm 
Offline
Local
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:21 am
Posts: 247
Location: Some were in hell new jersey
ri[[3r wrote:
Zherical wrote:
Datdude wrote:
Poor jon :-o


All that snatch, but none he can have. :-3


His last time with Sarine wasn't particularly memorable.


If only he could remember :bang: :bang:

_________________
I write things not nearly as well as poe want to see? http://www.darkscribes.org/site/author.php?user=83


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:46 pm 
Offline
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:40 am
Posts: 1090
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Killjoy wrote:
:ianroll:

Now, here's my take on it: None of them are "tanks".

They don't have character classes or hit dice or levels or feats or whatever. They're not game characters. Poe isn't rolling out the combats before writing them.


No good author does. The major problem with fight scenes is realistic choreography. Some of that takes knowing how to fight, a problem with many Hollywood authors (and why most authors actually avoid fight scenes; most of them have never fought, ever). The author already knows how they want the fight to end (win, win with injuries, win with prize, loss, loss with prize, loss of items, major injuries, slight injuries, etc.) In that way, a good story is more like a process flow;Get the reader from input to output in a reasonable and entertaining fashion.

Many people have tried using D&D dice rolls to build a plot up. IMHO, it doesn't work. Games are indeterminate whereas a decent story is strictly determinate, it goes where the author wants it to go. Otherwise, you'll never get to the ending you want.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:11 am 
Offline
Local

Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:23 am
Posts: 490
Location: none
Slamlander wrote:
Many people have tried using D&D dice rolls to build a plot up. IMHO, it doesn't work. Games are indeterminate whereas a decent story is strictly determinate, it goes where the author wants it to go. Otherwise, you'll never get to the ending you want.

That doesn't stop DM railroading.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:46 am 
Offline
Addict
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:40 am
Posts: 1090
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
BloodHenge wrote:
Slamlander wrote:
Many people have tried using D&D dice rolls to build a plot up. IMHO, it doesn't work. Games are indeterminate whereas a decent story is strictly determinate, it goes where the author wants it to go. Otherwise, you'll never get to the ending you want.

That doesn't stop DM railroading.


Maybe not, but applied to writing novels, it quirks the plot up so bad that you have to use ungainly contrivances to make it come out right. Why I gave up on the idea.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:25 am 
Offline
Expatriate
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:25 am
Posts: 144
Location: Out playing CalvinBall.
That's one way to write... With an idea of where you're going...

But as the T.V. series Lost has proven, you can be incredibly successful without any initial idea of WTH you're doing.

Like a Highschool creative writing class, just aimlessly going for the wierdest, far out shit as it comes to mind. Then make sense of it two seasons down the road.

_________________
Rar.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:37 am 
Offline
Local
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:47 am
Posts: 270
Location: 3rd rock from the Sun
KurtDunn wrote:
That's one way to write... With an idea of where you're going...

But as the T.V. series Lost has proven, you can be incredibly successful without any initial idea of WTH you're doing.

Like a Highschool creative writing class, just aimlessly going for the wierdest, far out shit as it comes to mind. Then make sense of it two seasons down the road.


Well, it was very aptly named. As lost in direction (where the script was going) as it was in premise (lost on an island).

But that seems screenwriting standard these days - good title, good premise, but no idea what to do down the road. Too bad.

_________________
Polly: I'm not going to die, am I? I mean right now?
DEATH: NO. BUT YOU WERE TOLD YOU WOULD WALK WITH DEATH EVERY DAY.
Polly: Oh...Yes, Corporal Scallot said that.
DEATH: HE IS AN OLD FRIEND. YOU MIGHT SAY HE IS ON THE INSTALMENT PLAN.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:22 pm 
Offline
Local

Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:23 am
Posts: 490
Location: none
pillaroforder wrote:
KurtDunn wrote:
That's one way to write... With an idea of where you're going...

But as the T.V. series Lost has proven, you can be incredibly successful without any initial idea of WTH you're doing.

Like a Highschool creative writing class, just aimlessly going for the wierdest, far out shit as it comes to mind. Then make sense of it two seasons down the road.


Well, it was very aptly named. As lost in direction (where the script was going) as it was in premise (lost on an island).

But that seems screenwriting standard these days - good title, good premise, but no idea what to do down the road. Too bad.


Well, sometimes the alternative is to know exactly where you want to go and what you want to do, and then get cancelled or run out of budget before you get there...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:35 pm 
Offline
Local

Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:06 am
Posts: 282
So, then we can agree that idiocy rules all?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group