ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:41 pm 
Local

Poor jon :-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:42 pm 
Local

Datdude wrote:

All that snatch, but none he can have. :-3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:08 am 
Local

Zherical wrote:
Datdude wrote:

His last time with Sarine wasn't particularly memorable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:25 am 
Addict

literally and figuratively - he commented that his partially recovered memories of the event was him doing most of the work.

Damn, but this party is nothing but DPS- not one tank in the bunch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:21 am 
n00b

slamlander wrote:

Graybeard wrote:
Something I just noticed: Jon and Ellis know that Bani was transferred back to Tsuiraku. Meji, however, does not, unless one of them told her. Jon might not, having other stuff on his mind; Ellis would not, since it'd be far more entertaining to him to have Meji find out the hard way.
---------------------------------

Noted and fogotten. With that little bit, all other bets are off, it's most likely Bani and we finally get to see what a Yuuki staff does.

But if that were the case, I think Meji would have known. They are friends, after all. But then again, Meji last saw Bani in Saus and wasn't looking for Bani in Tsuiraku. Meji's only been back a few weeks anyway. But, the odds are good that it's Bani.
----------------------------------------

now correct me if i´m wrong but was´t it Bani who took Meji on that makeover trip to cheer her up, that was here in the city they are in now, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:22 am 
Expatriate

I think Sarine, Jon and technically Sara make decent tanks.

Incidently my vote is for the scream to be Sara's after running in on Bani having fun with Rape kun's adult mode, dinner simmering on the stove.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:50 am 
Native

Forrest wrote:
Kick ass. My dreams of Bani and Misa joining the party are inching closer to fruition...

As are my dreams of Bani and Misa joining the orgy.

Let us now hope that Uncle Ghastly bears gifts the next time he drops in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:06 am 
Local

wardog wrote:
now correct me if i´m wrong but was´t it Bani who took Meji on that makeover trip to cheer her up, that was here in the city they are in now, right?

No, it was Etsuko.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:21 am 
Local

Chaz wrote:
literally and figuratively - he commented that his partially recovered memories of the event was him doing most of the work.

You do realize he was just trying to annoy Sarine, right? He didn't actually remember.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:11 pm 
Addict

Senko wrote:
I think Sarine, Jon and technically Sara make decent tanks.

Incidently my vote is for the scream to be Sara's after running in on Bani having fun with Rape kun's adult mode, dinner simmering on the stove.

Nah Jon might have high Con but after all he still only gets a d6 HD. I believe that Sarine being a ranger will make a decent tank, although she might be multiclassing because she used to be a bodyguard which I'm guessing would make her a fighter/ranger and she obviously took the melee style since we haven't seen her use a bow, like, at all. Sara though... I'm guessing Monk/Sorceror who took some feats to get the slicey and dicey going, while a d8 is nothing to scoff at I doubt she has the Con to make that d8 give her a substancial amount of hp per level.

Sorry couldn't help myself.

And I modify my vote to Bani+Rape-kun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:52 pm 
Local

:ianroll:

Now, here's my take on it: None of them are "tanks".

They don't have character classes or hit dice or levels or feats or whatever. They're not game characters. Poe isn't rolling out the combats before writing them.

Post subject: you have done well
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:03 pm 
Green Text

/gasp

How dare you. Logic has no place here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:46 pm 
Local

ri[[3r wrote:
Zherical wrote:
Datdude wrote:

His last time with Sarine wasn't particularly memorable.

If only he could remember :bang: :bang:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:46 pm 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Killjoy wrote:
:ianroll:

Now, here's my take on it: None of them are "tanks".

They don't have character classes or hit dice or levels or feats or whatever. They're not game characters. Poe isn't rolling out the combats before writing them.

No good author does. The major problem with fight scenes is realistic choreography. Some of that takes knowing how to fight, a problem with many Hollywood authors (and why most authors actually avoid fight scenes; most of them have never fought, ever). The author already knows how they want the fight to end (win, win with injuries, win with prize, loss, loss with prize, loss of items, major injuries, slight injuries, etc.) In that way, a good story is more like a process flow;Get the reader from input to output in a reasonable and entertaining fashion.

Many people have tried using D&D dice rolls to build a plot up. IMHO, it doesn't work. Games are indeterminate whereas a decent story is strictly determinate, it goes where the author wants it to go. Otherwise, you'll never get to the ending you want.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:11 am 
Local

Slamlander wrote:
Many people have tried using D&D dice rolls to build a plot up. IMHO, it doesn't work. Games are indeterminate whereas a decent story is strictly determinate, it goes where the author wants it to go. Otherwise, you'll never get to the ending you want.

That doesn't stop DM railroading.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:46 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
BloodHenge wrote:
Slamlander wrote:

That doesn't stop DM railroading.

Maybe not, but applied to writing novels, it quirks the plot up so bad that you have to use ungainly contrivances to make it come out right. Why I gave up on the idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:25 am 
Expatriate

That's one way to write... With an idea of where you're going...

But as the T.V. series Lost has proven, you can be incredibly successful without any initial idea of WTH you're doing.

Like a Highschool creative writing class, just aimlessly going for the wierdest, far out shit as it comes to mind. Then make sense of it two seasons down the road.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:37 am 
Local

KurtDunn wrote:

But as the T.V. series Lost has proven, you can be incredibly successful without any initial idea of WTH you're doing.

Like a Highschool creative writing class, just aimlessly going for the wierdest, far out shit as it comes to mind. Then make sense of it two seasons down the road.

Well, it was very aptly named. As lost in direction (where the script was going) as it was in premise (lost on an island).

But that seems screenwriting standard these days - good title, good premise, but no idea what to do down the road. Too bad.

DEATH: HE IS AN OLD FRIEND. YOU MIGHT SAY HE IS ON THE INSTALMENT PLAN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:22 pm 
Local

pillaroforder wrote:
KurtDunn wrote:

Well, it was very aptly named. As lost in direction (where the script was going) as it was in premise (lost on an island).

But that seems screenwriting standard these days - good title, good premise, but no idea what to do down the road. Too bad.

Well, sometimes the alternative is to know exactly where you want to go and what you want to do, and then get cancelled or run out of budget before you get there...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:35 pm 
Local

So, then we can agree that idiocy rules all?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next