ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:37 pm 
Local

*whistles the Imperial March*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:11 pm 
Local

finalcarrots wrote:
I might agree, but we have nothing but word of mouth to believe Rarune was the "official" ambassador. Miyo may have just spread 'em for his guards. In particular, what I see is that elf leaning to look at Miyo, probably thinking, "Hey, there's that chick I knocked up...could that kid be the errant I'm looking for?"

Not if he doesn't know she failed her contraceptive spell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:14 pm 
Addict

The sword is on the opposite side but... it might be Sarna, no one ever said that the guard were only viradior. If they had gotten wind of Meji they might have sent a ranger or two along with him.

Todays page: http://www.errantstory.com/index.php

The page with Sarna's sword: http://www.errantstory.com/archive.php?date=2004-02-18

Not an exact match but hey, she might have gotten a new sword or Poe just didn't draw it the same. But so far we haven't seen any other elf wear their sword on their back.

finalcarrots wrote:
Miyo may have just spread 'em for his guards.

I thought we heard somewhere that the ambassadors didnt have guards until now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:21 pm 
Local

finalcarrots wrote:
I might agree, but we have nothing but word of mouth to believe Rarune was the "official" ambassador. Miyo may have just spread 'em for his guards. In particular, what I see is that elf leaning to look at Miyo, probably thinking, "Hey, there's that chick I knocked up...could that kid be the errant I'm looking for?"

Sarine learned in Praenublis Astu that the ambassador to Tsuiraku was named Rarune. Then she gets to Tsuiraku and Miyo's all like "OMG RARUNE <3 <3 <3 ! ! ! MEJI ITS UR DADZ!!!" Thus I think it's a safe bet to conclude that Rarune really is the ambassador to Tsuiraku and that he's really the one who knocked up Miyo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:33 pm 
Local

True enough, but that doesn't discount that he isn't the leaning guy. I'm not saying I'm right, just that I may not be wrong.

Post subject: Re: 2007-07-16 Ambassador has arrived!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:17 pm 
Local

Deadly Sin No.8 wrote:
Slamlander wrote:
Now that we have more examples, Viradior armor has facemasks but the face mask decoration seems to be individual. Almost assuredly, that one isn't Misa and the other one isn't either.

If decorations are individual and can be used to identify Viradior members, then why did Sarine not recognize the face mask of one of her best friends when Misa tried to get the drop on her back in elf-land?

Had Sarine seen Misa's Viriador mask before?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:37 pm 
Green Text

Kaz*CheesyDoritoBomb* wrote:
it might be Sarna, no one ever said that the guard were only viradior.

Sarna was one of those too... you can see her in uniform in the flashback with Sarine, overseeing the training of human gladiators. (Forerunners of the Ensigerum?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:45 pm 
n00b

And unless she changed her sword since last time Sarine saw her in Saus, it doesn't look anything like Sarna's sword in the flashback or the Saus scene.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:20 pm 
Expatriate

Whoop your right I must have misread that as "Should have used invisibility" when double checking before posting.

As for the height issue you can just see what looks like a portal behind the guy in back and in the long shot you can stairs either leading up to or down to the two portals so he may just be in a higher level as they're walking downstairs from the portal. We know the Viriador normally accompany ambassaors from Mira's comment that she requested patrol because she was bored waiting around for an ambassador to go out agaain. Assuming I'm not misremembering that too.

As for the leaning to the right if you look at the longshot you can see the crowd is off to the right from the entrance and both guards are looking that way as well as the crowd (mum and dad especially) are looking to the left so its probably just guards being guards rather than anything specific. Especially since I doubt the elves would send Rarune back once they knew he'd spawned at least one kid. Since we know this is Rarune I don't think Sarine told them about him have to go back and check the archives.

I don't think happy girl had an affair as well I think she's just pleased to be here for such a memorable event as elves only come through every 20 years or so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:46 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Abyrae wrote:
And unless she changed her sword since last time Sarine saw her in Saus, it doesn't look anything like Sarna's sword in the flashback or the Saus scene.

That, I actually have less problems with. You can't expect a sword, even an elven made sword, to last over a thousand years. Even if it does, the elf would get tired of the style after a few centuries and change it. The span of time between the flashback scene and Sarne at Saus is at least two thousand years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:44 am 
Local

Well, would you accept immortality, if it was offered to you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:28 am 
Local

Another possibility: at the beginning of the sequence with Toren (Lead Dead Moron) and the elven military, Sarine said she'd sent a message to "Peregin Sarna or Inoue". We haven't seen "Inoue" yet; could this be his/her introduction?

As regards Sarna's sword(s), there is no reason to think that she would be carrying the same sword on a ceremonial mission as when she's roaming the boonies of humankind incognito. Sarine wouldn't, if she'd ever let herself be dragooned into an honor guard in the first place. At who-knows-how-many-thousand years old, Sarna surely has her own sword collection, just like any other elf.

We simply don't know yet who this is. Give it 24 hours or so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:27 am 
Expatriate

I think that would depend on the immortality in question are we just saying you don't age or something more comprehensive. I remember one story where the villain was sacrificing his children to attain immortality and some managed to defeat him and escape so the demon gave him partial immortality. He wouldn't age but injury and illness can still aflict him like everyone else so the ending has him running in terror of what might happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:48 am 
Local

Graybeard wrote:
We simply don't know yet who this is. Give it 24 hours or so.

I don't know if some of our fellow posters are capable of doing that. It seems that most of them have a comic-reading experience that is almost entirely alien to me, in which all unknowns must be filled immediately, and speculations based on almost nothing, presented as if they are hard and fast truth, are preferable to not knowing and waiting 48 hours for the next set of information to fill in some of the gaps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:55 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Speculation is more fun :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:58 am 
Addict

Senko wrote:
I think that would depend on the immortality in question are we just saying you don't age or something more comprehensive. I remember one story where the villain was sacrificing his children to attain immortality and some managed to defeat him and escape so the demon gave him partial immortality. He wouldn't age but injury and illness can still aflict him like everyone else so the ending has him running in terror of what might happen.

There was this guy called Dorian Gray ...

I have one series where an entire planet said "No" to immortality, on philisophical grounds. They figured that the 800 years they had was sufficient and immortality was their worst nightmare. A Quality v. Quantity issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:26 pm 
Addict

Kest wrote:
Kaz*CheesyDoritoBomb* wrote:
it might be Sarna, no one ever said that the guard were only viradior.

Sarna was one of those too... you can see her in uniform in the flashback with Sarine, overseeing the training of human gladiators. (Forerunners of the Ensigerum?)

Yeah I remember, I was speaking of current jobs. She might have gone back to being a viradior though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:39 pm 
Expatriate

Slamlander wrote:
Senko wrote:

There was this guy called Dorian Gray ...

I have one series where an entire planet said "No" to immortality, on philisophical grounds. They figured that the 800 years they had was sufficient and immortality was their worst nightmare. A Quality v. Quantity issue.

Time Enough for Love is a book about a guy who, at page 1, has lived for 2,500 years. Set in the far-flung future where longevity treatments exist to keep people alive indefinitely.

He is the oldest human alive, and a very large demographic of living humans are direct decedents of him.

And at Page 1, he is attempting to commit suicide, having grown bored and complacent with all of existence.

Except he gets over that when a really compassionate woman gets him in the sack.

So that's your solution to world weary downsides of immortality! Great sex!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:11 am 
Addict

KurtDunn wrote:
Time Enough for Love is a book about a guy who, at page 1, has lived for 2,500 years. Set in the far-flung future where longevity treatments exist to keep people alive indefinitely.

He is the oldest human alive, and a very large demographic of living humans are direct decedents of him.

And at Page 1, he is attempting to commit suicide, having grown bored and complacent with all of existence.

Except he gets over that when a really compassionate woman gets him in the sack.

Re-Quoted for Great Truth.

Sifu of Corpse Child

Caecus fides est hostilis veritatis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:40 am 
Local

BandMan2K wrote:
KurtDunn wrote:

Re-Quoted for Great Truth.

Take off every zig.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2