ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: 27Jul07 -- The wrath of the Goddess?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:10 pm 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Mass destruction rulz!

What did they do to piss Ian/Anilis off?

Jealous bitch ain't she?

Ian is doing it!

Last edited by Slamlander on Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:12 pm 
Local

Frankly, I'm rooting for Luminosita to kick the little twerp's ass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:14 pm 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Destichado wrote:

That may be cool but I love to see false religions fall, as hard as possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:29 pm 
Local

Thats rather, er direct. I wonder how this'll affect the time-mages plans?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:05 pm 
Local

I might be forgetting something that would contradict this hypothesis, and I'm just speculating wildly, but what if the power source for the pokegod is the entombed and sleeping Senilis? Would that explain why Anilis, through Ian, might rain down the wrath on the church?

(Isn't it Anilis currently residing in Ian?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:28 pm 
n00b

Shit, meet fan.

Post subject: Another possibility
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:11 am 
n00b

Another possibility is that would be Ian Crashing and burning.... we have seen him do so spectacularly before when he uses too much energy. If that is the case then hopefully they won't repeatedly poke him with sharp pointy things for being one of those "Evil Heritic" types.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:19 am 
Tourist

Slamlander wrote:
Destichado wrote:

Bright day
Frankly, the USS... Veracia criticism is getting rather tired.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:30 am 
Local

Mmmf. Anyone else see this ending with a re-ignition of ye olde God vs God war?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:13 am 
Local

REPENT!!! THE END IS NIGH!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:30 am 
Local

To quote the talking cat from another comic...

DEATH FROM ABOVE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:27 am 
Addict

Killjoy wrote:
(Isn't it Anilis currently residing in Ian?)

Damnit, you're right

About the Senilis hypothesis, the elves would have been able to detect that. Luminosita is definitely only a magical construct. But I may be wrong again too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:49 am 
Tourist

Gladi wrote:
Slamlander wrote:
Destichado wrote:

Bright day
Frankly, the USS... Veracia criticism is getting rather tired.

:confused: There was a ship called the USS Veracia? How did that get into the discussion?

Anyhow, this is Anilis versus Luminisita. Ian's fundamental decency, however buried under his grief, might be the only thing preventing a magical WMD strike on this and several other cities. We already know that Ian cares enough for Meji to have sought her out weeks after his acquisition of godly power, rather than heading straight for Santarial. That gap between events has never been explained.

Is Meji going to be Ian's last link to his own humanity? Will the survival of sentient life on this world depend on Meji's understanding of human fraility and suffering? Has she enough of the needed virtues of empathy, insight, and rationality to talk a man down from the edge of madness?

:roll: We're all doomed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:18 am 
Expatriate

Man Ian doesn't seem to be starting with the usual pre-mass destruction foreplay.

First there's posturing, then the booming voice that stretches from horizon to horizon. And THEN you start with the destruction.

However, if no one bothers to look up at you posturing all day long, then this makes you feel like an ass. Especially if you happen to be picking your nose when they finally look up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:50 am 
Local

Exiled Soul wrote:
We already know that Ian cares enough for Meji to have sought her out weeks after his acquisition of godly power, rather than heading straight for Santarial. That gap between events has never been explained.

Actually it was only a few days - he beat them there by two days and he picked Meji up only a day or two later as they got back to the town. In the mean time he was out cold on the bottom of the sanctum and before that he made a detour to Tsuiraku to pick up some stuff and get reliable coordinates.

DEATH: HE IS AN OLD FRIEND. YOU MIGHT SAY HE IS ON THE INSTALMENT PLAN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:57 am 
Tourist

Exiled Soul wrote:
:confused: There was a ship called the USS Veracia? How did that get into the discussion?

USSR.

Sorry if you were making joke, but this the internet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:33 am 
Addict

Gladi wrote:
USSR.

:confused: :confused: :confused: ???USSR??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Veracia similar to the USSR? I don't think so. More like Religious-Right (Bible belt) America and the Confederation is like the American West. Of course Tsuiraku is much like Japan. This only leaves Farrel, sort of like a primative meta-Europe, filled with Libertarians. Of course, that sort of sounds like California too. I dunno, I haven't really figured out Farrel yet.

None of them, however, come anywhere near the USSR. Of course, Poe might deign to voice an opinion here :wink: :hint:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:31 am 
Local

Slamlander wrote:
Gladi wrote:
USSR.

:confused: :confused: :confused: ???USSR??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Veracia similar to the USSR? I don't think so. More like Religious-Right (Bible belt) America and the Confederation is like the American West. Of course Tsuiraku is much like Japan. This only leaves Farrel, sort of like a primative meta-Europe, filled with Libertarians. Of course, that sort of sounds like California too. I dunno, I haven't really figured out Farrel yet.

The Northern Confederacy as American West analogy doesn't work too badly, although 1830s-vintage American Midwest might be a bit better. (The Confederacy at least seems peaceful, with nothing like the Range Wars.) However, there is a large difference between a region with monolithic (and in some eyes, retrograde) religious beliefs but a definitely secular government on one hand, and a full-blown theocracy on the other. A better analogy for Veracia might be post-revolutionary Iran. A better one yet might be the Aztec empire. Wonder if the Veracians practice human sacrifice?...

Truth be told, I don't think Poe needs to base his countries on anything too deeply rooted in the real world. If he had, the guy creating death and destruction wouldn't be an ultra-straight-arrow outsider from a working-class family who wanted to do only good before becoming possessed, but rather a spoiled child of privilege who'd dodged military service at a younger age while partying it up, then grew up to want to avenge an attack on his dad. Hmmm ... wonder if this could be Chris raining the lightning? Might Chris' middle initial be W?...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:56 am 
Expatriate

Graybeard wrote:
The Northern Confederacy as American West analogy doesn't work too badly, although 1830s-vintage American Midwest might be a bit better. (The Confederacy at least seems peaceful, with nothing like the Range Wars.) However, there is a large difference between a region with monolithic (and in some eyes, retrograde) religious beliefs but a definitely secular government on one hand, and a full-blown theocracy on the other. A better analogy for Veracia might be post-revolutionary Iran. A better one yet might be the Aztec empire. Wonder if the Veracians practice human sacrifice?...

Truth be told, I don't think Poe needs to base his countries on anything too deeply rooted in the real world. If he had, the guy creating death and destruction wouldn't be an ultra-straight-arrow outsider from a working-class family who wanted to do only good before becoming possessed, but rather a spoiled child of privilege who'd dodged military service at a younger age while partying it up, then grew up to want to avenge an attack on his dad. Hmmm ... wonder if this could be Chris raining the lightning? Might Chris' middle initial be W?...

One fantasy story, hold the politics!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:37 am 
Tourist

Hee, hee . . . watched a new Dr. Who last night with the wife. Showed a million people getting into an eternal traffic jam in the bowels of a stricken world. They are unsure and fearful of their fogged surroundings, but instead of exploring them, they are scratching by day to day in their cars, each living only with the faith that someday they will be rewarded by reaching a better place.

The Brooklyn Exit, as it turns out. Go Figure.

Anyway, about the time the entire traffic jam burst into <i>The Old Rugged Cross</i>, I broke out laughing. Then I explained to Chris about how British TV writers aren't afraid of showing their education and putting actual social commentary into their stories. However, even for Rupert Davis, this was driving the message home with an axe, a mace, a power-hammer, and a 16 lb post maul.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next