ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:28 am 
n00b

Tossrock wrote:
Man, I was expecting more Luminous, less Dwarf

Perhaps some clear shoe polish would help? Maybe even a strategically placed giant magnifying glass or 2 suspended in the air? :wink: (couldn't resist, sorry)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:14 am 
Local

Painrunner wrote:
Tossrock wrote:
Man, I was expecting more Luminous, less Dwarf

Perhaps some clear shoe polish would help? Maybe even a strategically placed giant magnifying glass or 2 suspended in the air? :wink: (couldn't resist, sorry)

LarryKingminosa ?

(Edit:arg, have feeling of too fast reading... oh well...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:03 am 
Local

Slamlander and others talked about this thread (just what is Luminosita?) as a weakness in the wiki. It probably is, but just as a reminder, the wiki is back open for business among people who had usernames there before the spambot attacks. (Still can't add new users, unfortunately.) So if a thing needs to be added, go add it. I personally am unable to do anything there right now owing to a bizarre password screwup that we're trying to get fixed or I'd make the changes myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:34 pm 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Graybeard wrote:
Slamlander and others talked about this thread (just what is Luminosita?) as a weakness in the wiki. It probably is, but just as a reminder, the wiki is back open for business among people who had usernames there before the spambot attacks. (Still can't add new users, unfortunately.) So if a thing needs to be added, go add it. I personally am unable to do anything there right now owing to a bizarre password screwup that we're trying to get fixed or I'd make the changes myself.

I would have already done it but it's getting late here and I've been out all day. Also heading off to Stresa, Italy, this weekend and may be off to the Chartreuse Monastery, in Voiron, France, tomorrow (Yes, where they make Green Chartreuse. Needless to say, I probably wont be in a sufficiently sober condition for accurate editing when I get back :wink: ).

{Note: I am also working on a template set for dynamic tables, which I need for my own wikis}

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:49 pm 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
wrog wrote:
Slamlander wrote:
Destichado wrote:
Do we know ANY of this? Maybe I missed something way back when, but this looks like speccing about spec based on more spec.

Well, aside from this, there is also a panel, which I haven't found yet, where Meji talks about Luminosita and labels it a Pokegod.

Yes, this does indicate a part of the Wiki that needs work.

Actually the wiki does pretty well, here, since that page links to the page on Shiro Hideaki which has what you want (4 separate panels in which Meji's professor, Meji, and Sarine all disparaging Luminosita's pokegoditude).

Yes, but it could be organized and presented better. That's one of the older pages and doesn't quite meet up to newer standards of detail. You shouldn't have to traipse through Shiro's page to find hard data on Luminosita. There should be direct references on the Luminosita page.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:14 pm 
Expatriate

Exiled Soul wrote:
I'd say the guy who summoned Luminosita is the first member of the human or Elvish hierarchies in the story who actually has his act together. He read the situation clearly and acted decisively. If he lives through this, I say give him a promotion and I'll have him over to speak to our Sunday school classes.

Maybe its just me but I kinda like the Patriarch. Just some bumbling guy trying to hold the world's largest empire together with paperclips and chewing gum.

He probably does not have all that much actual power if history is any guide.
Though it does seem that he has a working god :wink: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:38 pm 
Tourist

GWhite wrote:
Maybe its just me but I kinda like the Patriarch. Just some bumbling guy trying to hold the world's largest empire together with paperclips and chewing gum.

For now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:26 am 
Addict

GWhite wrote:
Exiled Soul wrote:
I'd say the guy who summoned Luminosita is the first member of the human or Elvish hierarchies in the story who actually has his act together. He read the situation clearly and acted decisively. If he lives through this, I say give him a promotion and I'll have him over to speak to our Sunday school classes.

I just don't like theocrats, of any persuasion. Religion belongs safely in church and not in government. Otherwise, you get nasty little things like The Inquisition and the Genocide of the Cathars (The single instance of a Crusade against fellow Christians). No, the Patriarch, regardless of how pathetically cute he is, shouldn't be having anything to do with running the worlds's largest empire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:27 am 
Local

pillaroforder wrote:
With a genie of the lamp tail - Dweenie!

Isn't that the nickname for Riley's penis?

Apophenia 357

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:16 pm 
Addict

Ghastly wrote:
pillaroforder wrote:
With a genie of the lamp tail - Dweenie!

Isn't that the nickname for Riley's penis?

Yes, but her's derived its name from an entirely different source.
Dweenie= Dire + Weenie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:57 am 
n00b

Guess someone took God Mode a little too literally, Eh?

My big problem with Christians is that there's so many of them that have no Christianity to them, they have no kindness, no compassion, no charity...I want Jesus to come back and say: "That's Not what I Meant!" -Margeret Cho

love is chemistry, sex is physics, but kinkiness requires engineering.

I won't spank my kids, I think that waving the gun around will do the same job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:27 am 
Tourist

Slamlander wrote:
... nasty little things like The Inquisition ...

Haven't we since learned that the Inquisition was about clergy trying to save people from being executed by local lords who didn't mind executing heretics? At least when it comes to the Spanish Inquisition, which have apparently been badmouthed by the Protestants and their nifty new technology (the printing press!). Or so some essay posted in another forum said.

Not that I approve of religious leadership. Ordinary politicians are bad enough. Religious politicians appear to be even worse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:58 am 
Addict

RGE wrote:
Slamlander wrote:
... nasty little things like The Inquisition ...

Haven't we since learned that the Inquisition was about clergy trying to save people from being executed by local lords who didn't mind executing heretics? At least when it comes to the Spanish Inquisition, which have apparently been badmouthed by the Protestants and their nifty new technology (the printing press!). Or so some essay posted in another forum said.

Not that I approve of religious leadership. Ordinary politicians are bad enough. Religious politicians appear to be even worse.

Hehe, that was a total whitewash. However, this isn't the place to get into it. A large number of his historical facts are wrong, some more subtly than others. I consider Madden deluded, at best. The number of recorded deaths, by the Church's own records are substantially higher than his claims. There is also the issue of the Crusade against the Cathars, in the Longduc province of France, a related issue. The Cathars were considered heretics and the Church ordered the genocide of the entire region. They almost succeeded.

If you really want to get into it, start up a thread on Livejournal, or something similar, and we could chew on this one a while.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:21 am 
Local

(and don't forget the "big human gello" find under the place where those "burning alive" execution were made in Madrid)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3