ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:53 am 
n00b

guess God Mode ain't all it's cracked up to be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:50 am 
n00b

*entering the mind of the average citizen going about his daily business on the street*

-Behold the ungodly half-elf comes to destroy us all.

PANIC!

-Ah there the almighty Luminosita appears, he'll save us for sure!

*Dispel*

- :-o (religious part of citizens brain explodes killing him before the blastwave hits)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:06 am 
Local

Do not worry, Veracia will do what they've always done best; Worship a god.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:18 pm 
Expatriate

Huh, think Ian will LET himself be worshiped tho?

I mean a god who's filled with self-pitying guilt wouldn't seem like one who's too receptive towards uplifting messages or prayers of praise.

Also another thought: Altho the magical fabrication of the god is dispelled, where did the magic energy go? Aside from the surrounding buildings, of course Assuming magic energy follows the laws of thermodynamics, won't there be a huge tastey glob of magic for Ian to gobble up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:26 pm 
Native

Location: The Land Of Chainsaw, Rusty City. 187 Blood Blvd, to be specific. Vict-.. err.. visitors welcome.
Neko7 wrote:
AncientVikingMaster wrote:
If your suspicions are correct and this is going to have large-scale impact, my money would be on it severely disrupting the travel platforms. It's already been indicated that they're sensitive to magical fluctuations, and they're likely not to have the built-in redundancies that an levitation/antigrav system might have.

I know I certainly wouldn't be eager to hop in one, even if a mojo-emo bomb hadn't just gone off in the area.

I put my money on your prediction. A large strategic teleportation transport system crash is very expectable here.

If such is the case, and I very much expect it will, I most certainly wouldn't be surprised if a score of unfortunate travelers in mid-teleport transit are injured/maimed/mutilated by the magical backlash of Veracia's kitbashed God getting God-moded. Perhaps even horrifically so, along with several fatalities or more. Makes me wonder about places such as hospitals, or anywhere else where they're likely to be using large amounts of magic... Hospitals, factories, magical laboratories and such.

I fully imagine that someone somewhere just got their face melted off as a direct or indirect result of Luminosita getting dispelled, and is perhaps even as we speculate, being twisted by all that raw magic into some horrific, hideous abomination against nature, the very sight of which would drive the hardiest of men and women into gibbering insanity or suicide in a desperate attempt to rend the image of such wrongness from their minds. Or maybe I've just been reading too much H.P. Lovecraft lately.

Initiated by Chaz via Horny Orcish Horde.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:32 pm 
Expatriate

Gwyon wrote:
Ahahahahaha!

Where is your god now?

pillaroforder wrote:
Why? Not his fault Lumi doesn't have surge protection installed. That's a flaw in the very design, and thus grounds for legal action against the manufacturer.

Yes, but it always gets blamed on someone who's fault it isn't.

riddick?

i keep waiting for their to be a price tag for all this usage of the old deities powers and knowladge. we'll probably read a few months from now how anelis was growing in ian like a parasite.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:42 pm 
Local

I think you meant Anilis. Unless you think he's got anelids in him. Which he might.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:55 pm 
Local

KurtDunn wrote:
Assuming magic energy follows the laws of thermodynamics

.....yes. Assuming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:00 pm 
Local

KurtDunn wrote:
Huh, think Ian will LET himself be worshiped tho?

I mean a god who's filled with self-pitying guilt wouldn't seem like one who's too receptive towards uplifting messages or prayers of praise.

Ah, but there's also another sneaky possibility; that the magical energy of a certain dead goddess Ian's already gobbled up is actually slowly taking him over, until eventually, no more Ian, and dead Elven goddess is like 'zomifg! I'm alive again and have a penis!?!?! D: '

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:07 pm 
Expatriate

Gwyon wrote:
Ahahahahaha!

Where is your god now?

Snappy comment... FOR THE WIN!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:00 pm 
Expatriate

finalcarrots wrote:
I think you meant Anilis. Unless you think he's got anelids in him. Which he might.

So, does this make Anilis SHODAN then?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:10 pm 
Local

Slamlander wrote:
All that pent up and contained magic energy = one helluva bad-ass explosion when it is finally released. I thought as much. It's also more consistant with what happened when the Elven Barrier/Shield was taken down. I wonder what knock-on effects are going to happen this time. Last time, the Tsuirakuan Cloaking shield was damaged. This is much closer, Damage to the levitation devices? Also, what are the elves going to feel when the giant magical blastwave hits them?

Remember two things though:

Luminosita was stronger then.

The Elven barrier also exploded.

This explosion may be closer, but it's also weaker. If Tsuiraku notices, I doubt they'll suffer any more damage than a minor tremor would inflict on a landbound city.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:54 pm 
Tourist

"Fssssssssh"
"POP"
"Whew (me, seeing the city in tact and surprised nothing happened)"
"BOOM"

If your suspicions are correct and this is going to have large-scale impact, my money would be on it severely disrupting the travel platforms. It's already been indicated that they're sensitive to magical fluctuations, and they're likely not to have the built-in redundancies that an levitation/antigrav system might have.

I know I certainly wouldn't be eager to hop in one, even if a mojo-emo bomb hadn't just gone off in the area.

Oooo. Good call. I didn't even think of the repercussions of releasing all of that magic energy at once. It might have something like the emp pulse after a nuke. Random mutations and spell blasts in the city might be funny side effects of latent magic radiation leftover from the blast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:50 pm 
Expatriate

Anita must be rubbing her hand together right now. Can we say power grab?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:12 pm 
Expatriate

No but I can say demi-god afterall you've got divine matter raining down on a a population with presumably little to no protection.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:29 pm 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
GWhite wrote:
Anita must be rubbing her hand together right now. Can we say power grab?

Anita doesn't need to do a power grab. She already has it and recently reinforced the lesson on Jeramel. This means that the Ensigerum has just lost its control over the Veracian people and their religious frontage has just been blown away.

So no, Anita is not going to be happy about this. If the Veracian people find out that the Ensigerum have been colluding with the Church for centuries and actually running things and setting policy then the Ensigerum Village is in danger from the sociopolitical backlash.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:27 am 
Local

And what are the people going to do about it? Only an army the size of Veracian army can seriously threathen Ensigerum in their stronghold and they are going to be occupied with quelling civil unrest. A couple of mobs will only be a nuissance to the Ensigerum.

DEATH: HE IS AN OLD FRIEND. YOU MIGHT SAY HE IS ON THE INSTALMENT PLAN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:12 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
pillaroforder wrote:
And what are the people going to do about it? Only an army the size of Veracian army can seriously threathen Ensigerum in their stronghold and they are going to be occupied with quelling civil unrest. A couple of mobs will only be a nuissance to the Ensigerum.

For the power of a mob, see the French Revolution. Even the time-monks can't stop a large enough mob and there'll be lynch mobs everywhere.

Quote:
Where Democracy is the worst form of tyranny, mob rule is the worst form of anarchy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:26 am 
Addict

Chronomancer wrote:
"Fssssssssh"
"POP"
"Whew (me, seeing the city in tact and surprised nothing happened)"
"BOOM"

Oooo. Good call. I didn't even think of the repercussions of releasing all of that magic energy at once. It might have something like the emp pulse after a nuke. Random mutations and spell blasts in the city might be funny side effects of latent magic radiation leftover from the blast.

Wait a minute...if the main thought is that this will mess up with the travel platforms, will this mean the entire network will be knocked out? Because if it is...then that means our intrepid group are now stuck in Tsuirakushiti with the Ambassador, his personal guard & all the soldiers on the floating city with no way off short of taking that doozy of a first step.

Sifu of Corpse Child

Caecus fides est hostilis veritatis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:50 am 
Expatriate

Slamlander wrote:
For the power of a mob, see the French Revolution. Even the time-monks can't stop a large enough mob and there'll be lynch mobs everywhere.

Bullshit. Mobs are highly emotional creatures, and lacking sufficient weaponry (i.e. firearms, explosives and/or seriously bitchin' magic), not to mention the organization and discipline to effectively utilize them, the Ensigerum would change the mob's mindset and send them running for their lives in short order.

We know from the encounter with the trolls that the Ensigerum regularly patrols its environs, so any mob would be discovered long before it reached the village. Take a squad of 5-10 monks and employ the following tactics:

*finger snap*
Several blurs come out of nowhere and the front 50 or so mob members along with the loudest rabble rousers (and any obvious magic users) fall dead to the ground. Before the mob can react, the Ensigerum fighters retreat back to cover and out of range.

*finger snap*
More blurs come out of nowhere and the next 50 people along with any remaining rabble rousers or magic users that reveal themselves fall dead to the ground. Again, the Ensigerum fighters retreat back to cover and out of range.

*finger snap*
The next 50 people along fall dead to the ground.

*finger snap*
*finger snap*
*finger snap*
*finger snap*

In short order the mob would lose 400-500 people including its leaders and most powerful members, and still have a significant distance to go before being able to actually attack the village, much less see it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next