ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:52 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Deadly Sin No.8 wrote:
Slamlander wrote:
For the power of a mob, see the French Revolution. Even the time-monks can't stop a large enough mob and there'll be lynch mobs everywhere.

Bullshit. Mobs are highly emotional creatures, and lacking sufficient weaponry (i.e. firearms, explosives and/or seriously bitchin' magic), not to mention the organization and discipline to effectively utilize them, the Ensigerum would change the mob's mindset and send them running for their lives in short order.
In short order the mob would lose 400-500 people including its leaders and most powerful members, and still have a significant distance to go before being able to actually attack the village, much less see it.

I'll concede that you have a point there, for the defense of the Village. But, this doesn't allow the Ensigerum to lead Veracia. Without the Church and with broken faith (dead god), Veracia will sink into anarchy unless someone steps in. This could be Farrel, Tsuiraku, or both together. I don't think the Elves will step up to that. However, I also see the Confederacy biting off a chunk.

Alternatively, Anilis could be carving out her own niche, with this. As I said before, we have no clue as to why Ian/Anilis is doing this. The followers of a recently killed god would be a ready-made following for Anilis.

All these beings (Dwarves, Elves, Trolls, Humans) could have been created as possible sources of replacement bodies for the gods.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:47 am 
n00b

BandMan2K wrote:
Wait a minute...if the main thought is that this will mess up with the travel platforms, will this mean the entire network will be knocked out? Because if it is...then that means our intrepid group are now stuck in Tsuirakushiti with the Ambassador, his personal guard & all the soldiers on the floating city with no way off short of taking that doozy of a first step.

http://www.errantstory.com/archive.php?date=2003-01-20

It would appear that they have airships, and if you can trust what Ellis said then they might even have other methods of travel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:27 pm 
Tourist

Slamlander wrote:
If the Veracian people find out that the Ensigerum have been colluding with the Church for centuries and actually running things and setting policy then the Ensigerum Village is in danger from the sociopolitical backlash.

Joe Sixpack Veracian doesn't have a clue about the Ensigerum. In fact the only people who even know about Ensigerumville or the alliance are the Ensigerum themselves and the tippy top of the church hierarchy that is currently in the process of being toasted extra crispy, and it's not like the church survivors (if any) are going to have any reason at all to tell people about it, especially when they've been in denial about it themselves (recall the grand patriarch's initial reaction, in private, with Anita right there in the room...)

Even if they find themselves in front of angry mobs, somehow I doubt that "Wait, don't burn us! It wasn't our fault! We weren't actually running things. You want to march 300 miles out to Ensigerumville and burn them. Honest," is going to resonate very well. Mobs prefer targets that are close by and obvious.

Which doesn't prevent the Ensigerum folks from going all paranoid and enacting some wildly inappropriate countermeasures (e.g., slaughtering all of their neighbors or something), or groups like the Gewehr from trying to take advantage of the situation -- but again, they don't know about the village, so...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:50 pm 
Expatriate

Gwyon wrote:
Ahahahahaha!

Where is your god now?

pillaroforder wrote:
Why? Not his fault Lumi doesn't have surge protection installed. That's a flaw in the very design, and thus grounds for legal action against the manufacturer.

Yes, but it always gets blamed on someone who's fault it isn't.

The citizens need to start a class action lawsuit. Obviously the church did not install proper safety devices on their god. Nor was the public adequately informed about the possible dangers inherent in having a deity within city limits. To top it off their was no sign-age at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:06 pm 
Local

GWhite wrote:
Gwyon wrote:
Ahahahahaha!

Where is your god now?

pillaroforder wrote:
Why? Not his fault Lumi doesn't have surge protection installed. That's a flaw in the very design, and thus grounds for legal action against the manufacturer.

Yes, but it always gets blamed on someone who's fault it isn't.

The citizens need to start a class action lawsuit. Obviously the church did not install proper safety devices on their god. Nor was the public adequately informed about the possible dangers inherent in having a deity within city limits. To top it off their was no sign-age at all.

Which might work if the church didn't run the courts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:28 pm 
Expatriate

BloodHenge wrote:
Which might work if the church didn't run the courts.

You are no fun whatsoever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:31 pm 
Local

Deadly Sin No.8 wrote:
Slamlander wrote:
For the power of a mob, see the French Revolution. Even the time-monks can't stop a large enough mob and there'll be lynch mobs everywhere.

Bullshit. Mobs are highly emotional creatures, and lacking sufficient weaponry (i.e. firearms, explosives and/or seriously bitchin' magic), not to mention the organization and discipline to effectively utilize them, the Ensigerum would change the mob's mindset and send them running for their lives in short order.

I was going to disagree with this -- what starts out as an undisciplined mob can turn into a remarkably effective military force after some early, catastrophic reverses -- but then something dawned on me. In all likelihood the Ensigerum are going to be the first group anywhere outside Emerylon to hear about this episode, and will have all the time in the world to prepare defenses or going over to the offensive. Remember that when Paul gave Anita the news about the Maurel fiasco, he also mentioned that there was a nun in the Veracian church who was expressing interest in joining the Ensigerum. Notice who cast the Barrier spell that protected Jeramel from the first celestial blasts of fiery death that Ian is casting here? Right, a nun. If it's the same one, which seems likely, the Ensigerum will know about this attack, from a highly informed source, as soon as it's safe for her to move around again. So the chances of the Ensigerum being surprised by an angry mob drop to zero, and if there was ever an opportunity for Anita to flex her (and the order's) muscles, it's now.

Wonder if Poe is going to give this churchly chick a name? She really should have one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:34 pm 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Graybeard wrote:
Deadly Sin No.8 wrote:
Slamlander wrote:

I was going to disagree with this -- what starts out as an undisciplined mob can turn into a remarkably effective military force after some early, catastrophic reverses -- but then something dawned on me. In all likelihood the Ensigerum are going to be the first group anywhere outside Emerylon to hear about this episode, and will have all the time in the world to prepare defenses or going over to the offensive. Remember that when Paul gave Anita the news about the Maurel fiasco, he also mentioned that there was a nun in the Veracian church who was expressing interest in joining the Ensigerum. Notice who cast the Barrier spell that protected Jeramel from the first celestial blasts of fiery death that Ian is casting here? Right, a nun. If it's the same one, which seems likely, the Ensigerum will know about this attack, from a highly informed source, as soon as it's safe for her to move around again. So the chances of the Ensigerum being surprised by an angry mob drop to zero, and if there was ever an opportunity for Anita to flex her (and the order's) muscles, it's now.

Wonder if Poe is going to give this churchly chick a name? She really should have one.

That thought occured here too.

BTW, DarkLight140 and Rrkkskrrk, did the heavy lifting but the Luminosita page is now looking a bit better. :wink:

Also, glad to see your access restored.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:58 pm 
Local

Slamlander wrote:
BTW, DarkLight140 and Rrkkskrrk, did the heavy lifting but the Luminosita page is now looking a bit better. :wink:

On that note, I believe the chronology of this passage is backwards, and has been for some time:

Quote:
He first figured as the drained deity in the tale of Shiro Hideaki, who had previously attempted Meji's power-draining quest, and then was used to tear down the elves' magical barrier, nearly being destroyed in the process

Luminosita's attack on the Elven barrier is what decloaked Tsuirakushiti. Hideaki's stunt prompted a war between Veracia and Tsuiraku, which couldn't have happened if Tsuirakushiti was still hidden away from the world. So, the attack on the Elven barrier must have predated Hideaki's little project.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:59 pm 
Addict

Forrest wrote:
Slamlander wrote:

On that note, I believe the chronology of this passage is backwards, and has been for some time:

Quote:
He first figured as the drained deity in the tale of Shiro Hideaki, who had previously attempted Meji's power-draining quest, and then was used to tear down the elves' magical barrier, nearly being destroyed in the process

Luminosita's attack on the Elven barrier is what decloaked Tsuirakushiti. Hideaki's stunt prompted a war between Veracia and Tsuiraku, which couldn't have happened if Tsuirakushiti was still hidden away from the world. So, the attack on the Elven barrier must have predated Hideaki's little project.

You're correct, fixing it now.

Edit: Fixed!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3