ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:17 am 
Local

Well, I'm not sure if Poe is going to surprise us with something other than Ian popping up from the rubble. I'm not sure what the significance of this strip is. It doesn't really move the plot along.

Speaking of the city, it looks like the force of the blast was enough to blow down some parts of the wall surrounding the city/temple. That'll take a while to replace, leaving the entire city vulnerable to being sacked by the barbarians at the gates...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:55 am 
Local

Initial B wrote:
Well, I'm not sure if Poe is going to surprise us with something other than Ian popping up from the rubble. I'm not sure what the significance of this strip is. It doesn't really move the plot along.

It let us see just how extensive the damage is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:56 am 
Expatriate

Neko7 wrote:
Forrest wrote:
AncientVikingMaster wrote:
No, it's a good call.

At first, for a fleeting second, I thought that was Lumi busting out of the ground for another go at Ian. So glad I was wrong.

It appears to me that in the second panel some glowy aetherial tentacle things are rising up from the rubble right where presumably-Ian is about to burst forth, and they at least somewhat resemble the glowy aetherial tentacles that raped Ian in the giant magic potato thingy. Might the destruction of Luminosita have destroyed Ian's mortal form and freed the goddess within, perhaps in the process charging her with sufficient power to become her old self again?

It'd be kind of sad to see Ian gone forever, and never find out what he was going to ask. But having a genuine honest-to-goodness goddess on the scene might make up for it.

Daammn, you much watch way more hentai than me to see that...

I just saw smoke due to the destruction and the energy strike on the ground.

As for the third panel, since their is a 'small' humanoid 'dark' form in the bright energy aura, I was assuming that was Ian (who did it)

Ian is fine. Granted the dispelling of Luminosita is more powerful then a battleaxe cleave but the contact surface is larger as well. Ian was at ground zero though so he should be feeling a bit of a downer and take a minute or so to rebound, like right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:37 pm 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Initial B wrote:

That has summat to do with why he did this in the first place, which we definitely do NOT know. Yes, we've had speculation but no evidence for any of it. Mucho hypothesis but none confirmed.

Initial B wrote:
Speaking of the city, it looks like the force of the blast was enough to blow down some parts of the wall surrounding the city/temple. That'll take a while to replace, leaving the entire city vulnerable to being sacked by the barbarians at the gates...

If Ian hangs around, I doubt that will be an issue. If he doesn't, most barbarians don't like going to god death sites. The fact that a god died there would be more than enough to keep most of them away, for a goodly while. By then, the walls will have either been repaired or it'll be a ghost town. Even money bets either way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:42 pm 
Addict

Slamlander wrote:
If Ian hangs around, I doubt that will be an issue. If he doesn't, most barbarians don't like going to god death sites. The fact that a god died there would be more than enough to keep most of them away, for a goodly while. By then, the walls will have either been repaired or it'll be a ghost town. Even money bets either way.

In no time at all, it will turn into a cheesy tourist trap. Bad souveniers, barely digestable food, and employees with the worst concieveable morale.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:52 pm 
Local

Labrat wrote:
Slamlander wrote:

In no time at all, it will turn into a cheesy tourist trap. Bad souveniers, barely digestable food, and employees with the worst concieveable morale.

You know, I feel like that too much of us are TV addict where what we see is what we 'supposely' accept as fact.

In a society not specially advance (even in an advance one, in fact...) no video-camera will have save the event, can very easly deny what happen.

Most of people will remember is a devil comming from the sky attacked the city and the church - at this point the vast majority of the population is hidding in their house, not looking what is happenning outside - and Luminosita came to kill the devil from the sky and to protect the church and the fidels. The battle between them was titanic (without the boat) and end by a udge explosion. - The dispel of Luminosita haven't been seen by probably 99% of the population, and only the priest/magicien/summoner seems to a noted that it is fondamentally missing. The rest of the population is still hidding. When thing started to be more calm, more peacefull, people come out and that the 2 last panel. -

Meaning: Almost nobody in the failfull population have witness the fall of Luminosita, and if Ian don do something UDGE in front of the population - And no, jumping alive and going back to the hight-priest IS NOT doing something udge, specially if he leave right after that - they have absolutly no reason to stop believing in their great god.

If I was the priesthood, and Ian come to me, go to the vault and leave without making a udge statement, demonstration of his omnipotence or something like that, I will gather the population in a great religious celebration to thanks Luminosita, who came to save the failfull, have fought the devil, and have imprest him so much that the devil came back to tell to the church that Luminosita, during the fight, showed him the true light and the real true.

"This is the only reason why Luminosita, in his great generosity and forgiveness, haven't killed the devil after have vainquish him, because the devil understoud is mistake and sweared his allegence to Luminosita and his church that's why he came to us and left to do penitence, dear failfulls"

So, unless Ian act very drasticly in the next bunch of strip, those who claim the death of Luminosita's church, are under-estimating the povers of conviction and of denial of the institution, no matter who they serve...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:29 pm 
Local

There is no clear evidence of who won, and since the pool of energy can be summoned, only a summoning will convince all but the most naive of followers.

Except he will never grace the world with his presence, so the priesthood will only get in deeper trouble as time goes on. Compounded by the little problem of _every single one of the priests_ having the guiding light gently ripped out of their skulls.

Spread the word, the light still lives, do not mind the raving lunatic whom once was the priest that spanked your behind for being a naughty girl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:47 pm 
Local

Rakshasa wrote:
There is no clear evidence of who won, and since the pool of energy can be summoned, only a summoning will convince all but the most naive of followers.

Except he will never grace the world with his presence, so the priesthood will only get in deeper trouble as time goes on. Compounded by the little problem of _every single one of the priests_ having the guiding light gently ripped out of their skulls.

Spread the word, the light still lives, do not mind the raving lunatic whom once was the priest that spanked your behind for being a naughty girl.

You are missing the all point of the religion system: Since there is no clear evidence of who won, it mean than 75-90% of those who believe in Luminosita will accept any affirmation from the priest that Luminosita have win, no matter what your opinion of the church is.

Like I said, we are so use to the TV and to everything happening in a strait-line like in a TV show.
But thing are not, people are much more easly convince of the thing that they know/fell in security with and that doesn't question their belief and the order of their world.

If you don't believe me, look at the world outside, even in the US, specially with those discution about the truefullness of the bible and the history, and that's a catholic who is talking
(Ok, a french/european type of catholisism, meanning that I didn't even knew, before comming in the US, they were still people. in modern society, who believe in Adam & Eve as fact...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:57 pm 
Local

In our world, no God has ever been summoned.

In the world of Errant Story, Pokégod was chosen, many times, to do battle.

They do not live in a world where the only contact with Gods have been through belief and the tales of a few men. Most people have only heard the tales, but those have been from _many_, and they have been relatively frequent.

Even Tsuirakushitii do not doubt the existence of Luminosita, they just don't agree with the Veracian interpretation of the observations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:16 pm 
Native

Man, that is a colossal wreck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:06 am 
Local

Initial B wrote:

Yeah, right now this place has a power-vacuum. The priest-hood have lost their power, and most previous supplicants will sense this, so either a local group will start to make it's presence felt or outsiders will come in and take over.

Ian - or the god inside him - hasn't yet shown interest in power so his||her's amokeness will continue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:39 am 
Local

The priests are still magic users, you cannot dismiss them that easily.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:53 am 
Addict

Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.
Agreed. They may lose political power but they will still have personal power.

While they may have been enhanced by Luminosita, although I doubt it, the reason Luminosita was able to exist is because the priests have been channeling some of their own magic into the beast. Without that drain, Veracian priests will still have all of their personal magical power available to them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:01 am 
Local

Slamlander wrote:

While they may have been enhanced by Luminosita, although I doubt it, the reason Luminosita was able to exist is because the priests have been channeling some of their own magic into the beast. Without that drain, Veracian priests will still have all of their personal magical power available to them.

However much that actually is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:44 am 
Addict

BloodHenge wrote:
Slamlander wrote:

Yes but the point is that it is greater than zero. :wink:

Compared to a mundane, it is significant. Don't forget that the Veracian Church has been culling mage talent out of the general population for centuries. Yes, the mages may not be as powerful as other mages but they are relatively more powerful than the average citizen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:59 am 
Expatriate

Slamlander wrote:
BloodHenge wrote:
Slamlander wrote:

Yes but the point is that it is greater than zero. :wink:

Compared to a mundane, it is significant. Don't forget that the Veracian Church has been culling mage talent out of the general population for centuries. Yes, the mages may not be as powerful as other mages but they are relatively more powerful than the average citizen.

Unless they've been giving a significant amount of power (possibly more than any of them realized) to Luminosita, which could cause a whole host of other difficulties now that they're not. Simple spells having catastrophic effects because they're now being cast at 'full power' and the priests are unprepared to deal; that sort of thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:34 am 
Local

The priests are in confusion; whatever structure held their god together is gone. All the magic in the world will not save them from a quick knifing as they run around like headless chickens. Whatever weak-spots they had will be enhanced, maybe revealed. All it requires is quick wits and ruthlessness. And if not mundanes, then other magic-users, possibly someone within their own structure. I figure the survivors are ripe for a quick slaughter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:33 pm 
n00b

The battle is over!

And a hole in the ground explAUDS for no reason!

Woo, random explosions >.>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:56 am 
Expatriate

So is Ian a mass murderer at this point? I mean, the blast seems to have been centered over the "vatican" compound, but the rest of the city is still chewed up and burning. I'd say he's added a few hundred people to his kill count, at least.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2