ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 8:42 am 
Addict

I see many opportunities for ES to do a poke at a respected fantasy cliche, and then have somewhere on the comic read "Slayers/RPG World (depending on WHAT it would be lampooning, probably) did it better, but we're derivative and we don't care." I think it'll be funny no matter what.

Look, the characters in EN aren't exactly described like normal fantasy characters. So don't expect them to follow normal fantasy rules either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 10:18 am 
Addict

If it does come out acting like Slayers...that would be interesting. Of course then Linna would make an appearance and blow everyone to Hell.

As for the middle girl...she does look like one of those televangelists talking about the Power of the Holy Blood or something like that.

But Kit, you need to calm down a bit man. Being faithful is one thing, being a zealot will get you either A: killed or B: with a monster Ulcer.

Hell, I used to be Christian, but I can still take jokes. This last weekend my friends and I went to a Anime Con and on 4 seperate occasions we saw signs that said "Christ is the Answer!" We were laughing our asses off because then someone asked "What is 2+2?" The Answer: Christ!

(Ok, so it doesn't take a whole lot to amuse us, but we were pretty fired up anyways so our heads were a little light in the air dept.)

Just remember everyone...Christ is the answer!

Sifu of Corpse Child

Caecus fides est hostilis veritatis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 11:31 am 
Local

I don't like Slayers... I don't know, It just annoys me more than entertains me. however, a really good poke at fantasy and anime in general is... dun dun DUN!!! EXCEL SAGA!

who ever says it's not should see it. It's more entertaining and pointless than slayers. If you want to keep it on the fantasy side I'd rather watch Sorceror Hunters. I don't like it as much but it's more bearable than Slayers.

I think I may have pissed off some Slayers fans but hell LINNA IS FLAT CHESTED! so there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 11:41 am 
Addict

It's nothing about zealotry. I can put up with cracks about Christian stuff for a while.

However, after a few days of it, I get tired of it and I either have to a)tell the person I'm getting offended or b) go break something. And the latter usually ends with me in pain and all splintery, so I go with the first option.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 12:20 pm 
n00b

1) Nice work on the logo

2) The jokes in slayers just got old relatively fast. I'd have to re-watch the series to really analyze where it falls down at, and well, I just don't care enough to do that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 1:24 pm 
Local

Naah. If people cant take joke(s) about religions then something isn't right. Its like commies. "there is no God. So we have to kill you all cristians becouse you believe in thing that doesn't exist..."

And God knows what is joke and what is real... You cant cheat him/her/it :smile:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 1:37 pm 
Addict

I SAID, I can take jokes.

I just sometimes get sick of mockery, okay?

>< It's not that I'm bigoted, DAMMIT!

When did I EVER say it was because I was absolutely convinced I was right that I was offended? NEVER! So stop saying it's because I'm a hardass.

Because as anyone here who pays attention will tell you, I am not.

><

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 1:42 pm 
Local

Damn... hold on yer horses... I wasnt serious man... *more coffee*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 1:47 pm 
Addict

Sorry ^^;;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 2:23 pm 
Addict

That and the joke wasn't even a poke at christianity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 4:16 am 
Addict

Heh, thanks for the compliments. ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 1:11 pm 
Tourist

Quote:
On 2002-10-23 11:31, nairohe wrote:
I don't like Slayers... I don't know, It just annoys me more than entertains me. however, a really good poke at fantasy and anime in general is... dun dun DUN!!! EXCEL SAGA!

who ever says it's not should see it. It's more entertaining and pointless than slayers. If you want to keep it on the fantasy side I'd rather watch Sorceror Hunters. I don't like it as much but it's more bearable than Slayers.

Sorcerer Hunters manga is much, much better than the anime. And Excel Saga...HAIL ILPALAZZO! Heh!

Yes, I am a n00b. Should I introduce myself formally in a new thread to be initiated? Or is that no longer happening? And is the EN board still going to be the main gathering of Poe fans, or will this board be reaching that board's popularity when the comic starts?

Ah, the uncertainties of youth...

Edit: Oh, and I like the logo. I wish I was that skilled at making art. ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ResidentPhreak on 2002-10-29 12:12 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 2:07 pm 
Native

I wouldn't recommend starting a new thread to introduce yourself. Usually those types of threads make me want to bludgeon things. But no one listens to me anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 2:12 pm 
Addict

Quote:
On 2002-10-22 21:03, Kitsune1527 wrote:
Gobby, quit insulting my religion. I will put up with poking fun at Christianity, because I have noticed some of the same problems. I still believe though (it's the whole "faith" thing). As a result, insult Christianity too much, and I get offended. Last time I was offended I almost killed somebody. (Yes, I'm serious. I may be a Christian, but I'm also a Republlican, with all the fiery temper that entails.)

So please, Gobby. It's offensive and I don't mind the 666 avie, but cut back on the insults. I don't insult Goths or anything else because you believe differently. >_< So don't do it to me, either.

Try reading Krakow... that saying will take on an entirely different meaning Kit. Besides picking on any religion is fun... particularly your own :smile: (I'm a recovered catholic) I would say more but I think I should bring it to the debate club if I want to keep going.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lifyre on 2002-10-29 13:14 ]</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 9:22 pm 
Addict

Well, looks like he's using his own one ^^;; *throws away .psd*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 10:34 pm 
Addict

Ouch.Well,we like what you did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 7:50 am 
Addict

Danke Danke. :smile:

Ah well, it ain't going totally to waste, i'll prolly use it on my forum in recognition of ES.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 7:53 pm 
Expatriate

Quote:
On 2002-10-23 11:31, nairohe wrote:

I think I may have pissed off some Slayers fans but hell LINNA IS FLAT CHESTED! so there.

Excel saga pokes fun at all kinds of things (Definatly Cowboy Bebop).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 5:34 pm 
Expatriate

Quote:
On 2002-10-22 19:02, veritron wrote:
Mmmm...lesbians.

See? SEE? I'm NOT the only one that does it!
:razz:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 6:02 pm 
n00b

Oi. Ya'll need to see Lost Universe :smile: Same creators as Slayers; in fact, it reportedly takes place in an alternate universe for slayers. Concerns a space-faring culture who was decimated in some long forgotten catastrophe, and humans now populate the galaxy with a mix of our technology and what little can be found of the Lost Ships. The show itself concerns Kain Blueriver, the owner of one of the few fully functional Lost Ships, Swordbreaker. He works as a Trouble Contractor, kinda like a mercenary for extremely high-risk jobs, everything from bounty hunting to just the nasty jobs that OHSA won't cover. It's a good watch ^_^

DNI applied by MiB

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next