ZOMBIE FORUMS

It's a stinking, shambling corpse grotesquely parodying life.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 2:44 am 
Native

Since this seems to be the n00b intro post, I thought I'd add my own. I first found EN on my birthday, happy 18th. I was looking through a comic awards site where Jordan was up for (and, IIRC, won) best female character. The sample comic was the first christmas special with Jordan in the bar and the fake IDs, one of my personal favorite episodes. Anyway. I spent about half of my birthday reading all of EN (and the other half at a sushi bar), and the last strip posted was the one with all of the empty halls at the point where Bush is trying to get back to Jordan in the complex. I've checked EN and, now, ES, everyday since. Both have been my absolute favorite comics, for the story, characters, and art. I'd like to congratulate Poe on a job well done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 3:55 am 
Addict

Amen! and hear hear! to the praise which has already been heaped upon Poe.

Speaking for myself, I was introduced to EN by my girlfriend round about a year ago. Now here I am, reading ES posts and avidly hunting down Poe trivia (e.g., looking up his many successful entries in the Fantasy Powers League at http://www.electricferret.com/fpl/) when I should be studying and doing homework. The greatness of Poe can be calculated in direct relation to my rapidly falling GPA. :wink:

Poe, thanks for giving us all something to look forward to other than the next problem set. Best wishes from myself and the rest of your sizeable fandom.

"Only he who attempts the absurd
is capable of achieving the impossible."
 - Miguel de Unamuno

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2